Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Mar 9, 2019 at 6:21 Quote
CoreyGun wrote:
What do people really mean by sluggish then? Based on it having the same head angle as a 720, I can only assume they're not referring to the steering then, but the rebound speed of the shock, which Black Market have had tuned to be more akin to a hardtail, so the opposite of what I would consider to be a 'sluggish' full sus.

Being similarly attributed bikes, ie. both 100mm travel slopestyle frames with concentric BB pivots; the kind of info I'm really trying to find out is stuff like perhaps theres a real problem with one, maybe weak, or shitty bearings, i dunno, maybe less opinion, more fact.

I don't have a stiched to compare it to, but it seems to me (and the frame designer of my current bike) that the BB height makes a huge difference in the agility. Both concentric BBs, neither frame was damaged, and both had new bearings.

Posted: Mar 9, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
CoreyGun wrote:
What do people really mean by sluggish then? Based on it having the same head angle as a 720, I can only assume they're not referring to the steering then, but the rebound speed of the shock, which Black Market have had tuned to be more akin to a hardtail, so the opposite of what I would consider to be a 'sluggish' full sus.

Being similarly attributed bikes, ie. both 100mm travel slopestyle frames with concentric BB pivots; the kind of info I'm really trying to find out is stuff like perhaps theres a real problem with one, maybe weak, or shitty bearings, i dunno, maybe less opinion, more fact.
Sluggish as in the suspension sucks out the pop of the lip when i rode it. In my opinion it just doesnt jump very well compared to the other bikes ive ridden. Its quute heavy for what it is and its geo doesnt work for me. When i rode it, i thought the suspension was the opposite of progressive. I had the feeling the suspension didnt ramp up. Quite the opposite. Kind of like a log equation.

Posted: Mar 9, 2019 at 19:00 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
CoreyGun wrote:

Sluggish as in the suspension sucks out the pop of the lip when i rode it. In my opinion it just doesnt jump very well compared to the other bikes ive ridden. Its quute heavy for what it is and its geo doesnt work for me. When i rode it, i thought the suspension was the opposite of progressive. I had the feeling the suspension didnt ramp up. Quite the opposite. Kind of like a log equation.
My exact experience. I rode one of the first ones made and it definitely had a regressive shock rate. Made me eat absolute the shit the first time I rode it. I got completely bucked off the lip

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
^ always wondered where the killswitch name originated from... Razz

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Its quute heavy for what it is and its geo doesnt work for me. When i rode it, i thought the suspension was the opposite of progressive. I had the feeling the suspension didnt ramp up. Quite the opposite. Kind of like a log equation.
heavy compared to what? It’s pretty much the same as the 720 weight, and the only other similar bike I’ve ridden was the Transition Double which is also the same.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
Why don't you just try to find someone selling a canyon slope and take it for a ride. If you like it buy and sell kill switch

Or just get the canyon as well nothing wrong with having 2 slope bikes.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 9:57 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Why don't you just try to find someone selling a canyon slope and take it for a ride. If you like it buy and sell kill switch

There’s rarely any for sale secondhand. I can’t try before I buy a new one. I have 5 bicycles, so yes there is a problem having another bike: cost and space.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
I think the short here man is there is nothing wrong with your KS if you really like it, however the 720 will be a more lively and modern feeling bike due to updates and tech since the KS was designed 10 years ago...

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
tl;dr

killswitch is poo

Stitched is better

thanks for coming to my ted talk

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 13:33 Quote
I have no authority and I know you did not ask for opinions but in the spirit of forums where fun is more important then function: I say keep the kill switch. It’s the OG compared to the canyon.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 15:13 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
I think the short here man is there is nothing wrong with your KS if you really like it, however the 720 will be a more lively and modern feeling bike due to updates and tech since the KS was designed 10 years ago...
tup

adamlaycock wrote:
killswitch is poo

Stitched is better
Ridden both?

Kustomango wrote:
I say keep the kill switch. It’s the OG compared to the canyon.
As there has been nothing so far to suggest that it will be much different (apart from the people who say it's too heavy even though it weighs the same as the 720), I guess I will be keeping it. Two winning points here - 1: I already have it, 2: It has a mech hanger if I want it. tup

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 5:10 Quote
CoreyGun wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

There’s rarely any for sale secondhand. I can’t try before I buy a new one. I have 5 bicycles, so yes there is a problem having another bike: cost and space.

You have an addiction... You can't help it just get the 720 and tell us how it is

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
You have an addiction... You can't help it just get the 720 and tell us how it is

Don't we all? I may well end up getting one if I see a good deal, but then I'll have both and won't be able to decide which I prefer and probably won't sell either.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
CoreyGun wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Its quute heavy for what it is and its geo doesnt work for me. When i rode it, i thought the suspension was the opposite of progressive. I had the feeling the suspension didnt ramp up. Quite the opposite. Kind of like a log equation.
heavy compared to what? It’s pretty much the same as the 720 weight, and the only other similar bike I’ve ridden was the Transition Double which is also the same.
It's a heavy bike. it feels heavy. It weighs more than a pslope and about the same as a trek ticket with a full Shift setup, but the trek is so nimble and flickable. The Double is also a heavy bike. You keep on asking compared to what and compared to my bikes, EG the P3, pslope, and ticket S, its way more sluggish. It doesn't feel as lively. it doesn't feel as poppy. The canyon is going to be my next bike.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
CoreyGun wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
It's a heavy bike. it feels heavy. It weighs more than a pslope and about the same as a trek ticket with a full Shift setup, but the trek is so nimble and flickable. The Double is also a heavy bike. You keep on asking compared to what and compared to my bikes, EG the P3, pslope, and ticket S, its way more sluggish. It doesn't feel as lively. it doesn't feel as poppy. The canyon is going to be my next bike.

I kept asking compared to what because I only care about a comparison with the 720, and it's the same weight. I'm not interested in how heavy the Killswitch is compared to a Trek, because I have a Killswitch and I'm not interested in buying a Trek. Simples. Plus, the Trek is actually the same weight, excluding whatever a 'full Shift setup' is.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022133
Mobile Version of Website