Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
CoreyGun wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
CoreyGun wrote:
heavy compared to what? It’s pretty much the same as the 720 weight, and the only other similar bike I’ve ridden was the Transition Double which is also the same.
It's a heavy bike. it feels heavy. It weighs more than a pslope and about the same as a trek ticket with a full Shift setup, but the trek is so nimble and flickable. The Double is also a heavy bike. You keep on asking compared to what and compared to my bikes, EG the P3, pslope, and ticket S, its way more sluggish. It doesn't feel as lively. it doesn't feel as poppy. The canyon is going to be my next bike.

I kept asking compared to what because I only care about a comparison with the 720, and it's the same weight. I'm not interested in how heavy the Killswitch is compared to a Trek, because I have a Killswitch and I'm not interested in buying a Trek. Simples. Plus, the Trek is actually the same weight, excluding whatever a 'full Shift setup' is.

You don't seem to understand what everybody here is saying. even though the killswitch is the same weight as the Canyon, the canyon is going to feel much lighter. and full shift setup means it has a derailleur, Cassette, shifter, vs being only singlespeed. I'm not the only one here saying the Killswitch feels like a heavy and sluggish bike. The Killswitch Just feels heavy and feels sluggish.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
Niko182 wrote:

You don't seem to understand what everybody here is saying. even though the killswitch is the same weight as the Canyon, the canyon is going to feel much lighter. and full shift setup means it has a derailleur, Cassette, shifter, vs being only singlespeed. I'm not the only one here saying the Killswitch feels like a heavy and sluggish bike. The Killswitch Just feels heavy and feels sluggish.

Ok, well the weight of shifters is irrelevant to me as I wouldnt have gears on one and not the other anyway, i run it singlespeed.

Still, people telling me they think the Killswitch feels heavy doesn't help answer my question about the 720, as I know what the Killswitch feels like, and I don't think it feels heavy anyway. Either tell me what the 720 is like, or what the 720 is like compared to the Killswitch, but telling me that you prefer a Trek to Killswitch doesn't give me any more insight into what the 720 is like.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 13:51 Quote
To reitterate my last post;

Killswitch bad

Stitched 720 good

Ok thanks

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
To reitterate my last post;

Killswitch bad

Stitched 720 good

Ok thanks

You rode both ?

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 15:07 Quote
I've ridden 3 different 720s and one 360. I have yet to hear a single good review anywhere of the killswitch; not a single one saying they're actually a desired frame lol. All three of the 720s I rode were actually dialed, even the jankiest one was alright. Out of all the slope bikes I've ridden, the 720 and PooSlope are the only 2 that I could switch between a hard tail and that with no issue

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
the 720 and PooSlope are the only 2 that I could switch between a hard tail and that with no issue

You don't feel that way about your Vimana Slope?

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 17:24 Quote
Personally, my Cove Hooker feels more playful than the killswitch I rode did. And its an even more out of date frame. hahaha

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
Draggon wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:
the 720 and PooSlope are the only 2 that I could switch between a hard tail and that with no issue

You don't feel that way about your Vimana Slope?

That Vslope was honestly a mountain of emotion (as weird as that sounds). Literally before I got it, the most hyped I had ever been. Then I had a buddy who had an extra shock for his but turns out it got blown last time he rode it, so I was riding a blown shock. Which actually worked alright except the rebound was stuck on full open, but I made do. So the ENTIRE time I had that frame, I was constantly messaging Morpheus on multiple different platforms just to literally find out the size of the shock I needed to run so I could just go buy a brand new shock and have a dialed bike... except if you've ever heard Morpheus has the worst customer service ever then that's the truth. It wasn't until I posted an ad to sell the frame they finally gave me some numbers out of context (which didnt even make sense to me because I've been a hard tail guy almost always).

So yeah long story short, Vslope could have been dialed AF had morpheus not taken 3 months to give me an answer. Super flickable and twitchy frame which I loved but just having full rebound was a burden sometimes.

Tl;dr again: f*ck Morpheus

Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
I have yet to hear a single good review anywhere of the killswitch; not a single one saying they're actually a desired frame lol.

Doesn’t sound like youve ever seen the internet then.

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 1:25 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
I have yet to hear a single good review anywhere of the killswitch; not a single one saying they're actually a desired frame lol.

Lol same

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 19:06 Quote
Can't wait to get the pieces all paint matched, and this build setup!!!

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 8:17 Quote
just finished my rig

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 20:45 Quote
dylanbue wrote:
just finished my rig

Just give it to me. Jailbreak

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
OK, so I've ridden the Killswitch and Double a lot.

You acquire the 720 and send it to me to test.

I'll 720 it, and write a professional review (I once got paid to write reviews).

Then you can decide once and for all. I'm down.

-AB

CoreyGun wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:

Doesn’t sound like youve ever seen the internet then.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029650
Mobile Version of Website