Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: May 25, 2019 at 20:28 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
talkingspoon wrote:
Alright internet people, I need some help. Building a new slope bike and need frame suggestions. I was going to get a ticket s but theres no stock now.

Ones I've been looking at are; polygon trid zz, ns soda slope, canyon stitches 720. Spec p slope.

What other frames are there, that are 100mm travel and can run gears?
Id stay away from the ticket s. I cracked 3 of them over 2 years. P slope is a really nice build.

There is no stock on them or an eta of when they'll be in stock again.
Was looking at the black market killswitch. Any bike shop people in here know who the canadian distro is?

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 20:34 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
talkingspoon wrote:
Alright internet people, I need some help. Building a new slope bike and need frame suggestions. I was going to get a ticket s but theres no stock now.

Ones I've been looking at are; polygon trid zz, ns soda slope, canyon stitches 720. Spec p slope.

Id stay away from the ticket s. I cracked 3 of them over 2 years. P slope is a really nice build.

Was looking at the black market killswitch. Any bike shop people in here know who the canadian distro is?

Black market hasn't been distributed in Canada since Brink/1664 which dissolved a few years ago.

I'm almost positive they are direct to consumer only but I have heard from other forums that they aren't very responsive and it seems like stock is kinda a mystery to most. Like what I mean by that it's listed on their site and you can add to cart but whether they have it is another question.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 21:23 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
talkingspoon wrote:

The killswitch is the worst slope bike ive ridden. I'd strongly recommend staying away from it. The bikes that rode really well where the Ticket S, the Pslope, and I've heard great things about the Stiched 720. I have a stitched 360 and its a really good bike so i'd have no doubt the 720 would be great. the ticket is such a fun bike and the geo is great, but it breaks way too easily. the Pslope is a solid bike and also a ton of fun.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 21:34 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
talkingspoon wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

The killswitch is the worst slope bike ive ridden. I'd strongly recommend staying away from it. The bikes that rode really well where the Ticket S, the Pslope, and I've heard great things about the Stiched 720. I have a stitched 360 and its a really good bike so i'd have no doubt the 720 would be great. the ticket is such a fun bike and the geo is great, but it breaks way too easily. the Pslope is a solid bike and also a ton of fun.

I know the 2020 bikes are rolling in. So I might wait till then. I rode the hard tail ticket and it was great.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 1:32 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
talkingspoon wrote:

I know the 2020 bikes are rolling in. So I might wait till then. I rode the hard tail ticket and it was great.
The ticket is great but they break way too easily. I know a couple people that have broken a decent amount of them too. Its a great bike, but its not worth breaking one every 7 months.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 2:10 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:

Transition triple, or pivot M4X (not a pure slope bike though) or even get yourself a Marino custom one made up. Straight up copy your pick of the bikes above for geo, 100mm single pivot, sliding through axle drop outs with an optional hanger and 4130 chromoly so it shouldn’t be going anywhere anytime soon!

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 12:34 Quote
I don't want to be that guy but Id like some personal input on some bikes.
I'm about to buy my 1st SS bike but id like to get my best bang for my buck. so here is the 3 candidates

new 2017 polygon 1875usd
stock build
2014 rocky mountain slayer ss 2000cad
Marzocchi 2014 Slope CR 120mm adjustable up to 170mm in 10mm increments. (New)
Marzocchi 053 Air Rear shock
Shimano Saint front wheel (Barely ridden)
Shimano Saint cranks 32t (New)
Shimano Saint Rear hub on Stans ZTR Flow rim (new rim and spokes)
Shimano Saint brake. (new style lever with 2 piston saint caliper for weight)
Raceface Turbine Bar, Stem, Seatpost
Snafu Seat
Sensus Swayze lock on grips
X0 9 Spd drivetrain - chain, shifter, cassette, derailleur (barely ridden)
Maxxis Tires - Advantage 2.4 front, Minion 2.35 DHF rear.
Lastly is a 2017 trek ticket s 2300usd
Enve high rise bars
Enve 55 mountain stem
Chromag overture liaison series seat
Odi grips
Saint drailer
Slx brake and shifter
Vittoria saguaro tires
Bontrager Hubs
Descendant cranks
Raceface chain ring

If you go spend time on the buy/sell of PB you probably know of the 3 im talking about.
Please tell me what you like/don't like about them or me :p.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
Easy. Go for the brand new Trid, not even a question.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:

Awesome! Thank you for your quick response. What made you come to that decision? Besides looks Wink

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
userone wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:

Awesome! Thank you for your quick response. What made you come to that decision? Besides looks Wink

No.1 it’s brand new! And the best price. The components aren’t the highest end pretty things but they are bullet proof (I have one).
No.2 The others offer cool bits but are still used frames.
No.3 The Ticket S while very cool have had some issues.

The only other bike I’d have bought in this class is the YT Play, had it been available at the time I would’ve bought it.
All that being said, I do love my ZZ, at the moment have only swapped out stem and bars for taller Spoons.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
userone wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:

No.1 it’s brand new! And the best price. The components aren’t the highest end pretty things but they are bullet proof (I have one).
No.2 The others offer cool bits but are still used frames.
No.3 The Ticket S while very cool have had some issues.

The only other bike I’d have bought in this class is the YT Play, had it been available at the time I would’ve bought it.
All that being said, I do love my ZZ, at the moment have only swapped out stem and bars for taller Spoons.
sweet! thank you!

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 15:02 Quote
Sorry for the photato but finally finished it.

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 15:54 Quote
Nice....only thing I’d change is a pivotal post/seat tup

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 20:45 Quote
What wheels do you got on there? Thing looks dialed!!

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
Carson s new prototype Slope bike.

This Pic is from the previous owner but the only difference now s that there is a fox 34 up front.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022694
Mobile Version of Website