Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Author Message
Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
I just checked the specialized dealer site yesterday, they have the 2019 relisted as 2020 for the same price and plenty in stock. I didn't check spec or anything, but saw it and was at least glad they're "keeping" it even if it is the same. A few days ago the new p-hardtails showed up and I didn't see the p slope and was disappointed.

Semi-related I'm back on a pslop and I love it. I need to get pictures but I have a temporary build on it, but it's just too fun to care and finalize the build lol.

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 15:10 Quote
Mypeenhurts wrote:
What are some upgrades that make the most difference in a DJ bike? (Besides the frame)

Getting the PERFECT handle bar rise, i went a little higher than what I originally had and it changes the whole bike, idk how much you have or what you like, just sayin it in case

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 15:47 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Does it look cool in person? Looks ok in photos.

Yes it does.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
Hey guys, i have a simple question. Im looking forward to buy RS pike dj, but its hell expensive. And I was thinking about buying 26" RS pike 160mm and lowering it to 100mm. Is it possible?

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
Philipthebiker wrote:
Hey guys, i have a simple question. Im looking forward to buy RS pike dj, but its hell expensive. And I was thinking about buying 26" RS pike 160mm and lowering it to 100mm. Is it possible?
I personally wouldnt buy a pike. A lot of people blow them up.
Like a lot.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Philipthebiker wrote:
Hey guys, i have a simple question. Im looking forward to buy RS pike dj, but its hell expensive. And I was thinking about buying 26" RS pike 160mm and lowering it to 100mm. Is it possible?
I personally wouldnt buy a pike. A lot of people blow them up.
Like a lot.
Which fork would you recommend as a solution?

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
Philipthebiker wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Philipthebiker wrote:
Hey guys, i have a simple question. Im looking forward to buy RS pike dj, but its hell expensive. And I was thinking about buying 26" RS pike 160mm and lowering it to 100mm. Is it possible?
I personally wouldnt buy a pike. A lot of people blow them up.
Like a lot.
Which fork would you recommend as a solution?
Circus is more reliable. If you want the best look for an 831.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 13:58 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Philipthebiker wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

I personally wouldnt buy a pike. A lot of people blow them up.
Like a lot.
Which fork would you recommend as a solution?
Circus is more reliable. If you want the best look for an 831.
I dont like the look of circus and Iam not planning to ride huge hits on my dj bike. And a lot of people ride pike dj and personally i like the looks of the pike

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
Philipthebiker wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Philipthebiker wrote:

Which fork would you recommend as a solution?
Circus is more reliable. If you want the best look for an 831.
I dont like the look of circus and Iam not planning to ride huge hits on my dj bike. And a lot of people ride pike dj and personally i like the looks of the pike
Pike djs run great for about 3 months and then the damper blows. Everyone i know that owns one has blown it and is currently running it blown.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Philipthebiker wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

Circus is more reliable. If you want the best look for an 831.
I dont like the look of circus and Iam not planning to ride huge hits on my dj bike. And a lot of people ride pike dj and personally i like the looks of the pike
Pike djs run great for about 3 months and then the damper blows. Everyone i know that owns one has blown it and is currently running it blown.
i thought pike djs are very reliable forks

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
Philipthebiker wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Philipthebiker wrote:

I dont like the look of circus and Iam not planning to ride huge hits on my dj bike. And a lot of people ride pike dj and personally i like the looks of the pike
Pike djs run great for about 3 months and then the damper blows. Everyone i know that owns one has blown it and is currently running it blown.
i thought pike djs are very reliable forks
Good joke

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
I have had 4 different pikes now and none of them have blown. I must not be a good enough rider...

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 18:57 Quote
If you buy a 160mm pike and lower it with a 100mm damper they are more reliable. The actual pike DJ is super unreliable. Blew mine up in 3 rides on an airbag...

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
I had two of them and a 831. The 831 is nice, but kinda heavy and expensive. I had no issues with Pike DJ, but I am more of a trailsrider and don´t do massive tricks and combos, just 360´s, etc. Maybe I if you take some hard impacts and ride slopestyle you´ll have issues at some point.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:
If you buy a 160mm pike and lower it with a 100mm damper they are more reliable. The actual pike DJ is super unreliable. Blew mine up in 3 rides on an airbag...
Is that damper expensive? Or is the damper an air spring?


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014575
Mobile Version of Website