Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 17:35 Quote
Philipthebiker wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:
If you buy a 160mm pike and lower it with a 100mm damper they are more reliable. The actual pike DJ is super unreliable. Blew mine up in 3 rides on an airbag...
Is that damper expensive? Or is the damper an air spring?

Sorry I meant the air spring

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:
Philipthebiker wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:
If you buy a 160mm pike and lower it with a 100mm damper they are more reliable. The actual pike DJ is super unreliable. Blew mine up in 3 rides on an airbag...

And will it work? bcs i read that its kinda weird and also you need to change some parts inside including that new air spring.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
Philipthebiker wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:
Philipthebiker wrote:

And will it work? bcs i read that its kinda weird and also you need to change some parts inside including that new air spring.

As far as I know if you buy a 160mm 26” pike all you need is the 100mm air shaft to lower it. Both of my coworkers have done it this way with no issues. They have been more reliable then an actual pike DJ

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:
Philipthebiker wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:

As far as I know if you buy a 160mm 26” pike all you need is the 100mm air shaft to lower it. Both of my coworkers have done it this way with no issues. They have been more reliable then an actual pike DJ

The pike DJ has a different thread pitch on the csu so it has custom internals which means it's own damper that can't be adjusted, and a different air spring. I've had 2 pike djs. One has an issue after a year but was warrantied no questions asked, the other I only had a few months, no issues.

I no longer have any DJ specific pikes. I only have 2 of the standard 26" pikes, both I received at 160mm. All you need is the 100mm 26" airspring and you're ready to go. Nothing else. Any shop could do it for a little more than a lower leg service.

I'm on year 4 with one of the pikes and year 2 with the other. Both have been at every travel interval in 20mm increments at some point, no issues at any travel. Highly recommend.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:
Philipthebiker wrote:

The pike DJ has a different thread pitch on the csu so it has custom internals which means it's own damper that can't be adjusted, and a different air spring. I've had 2 pike djs. One has an issue after a year but was warrantied no questions asked, the other I only had a few months, no issues.

I no longer have any DJ specific pikes. I only have 2 of the standard 26" pikes, both I received at 160mm. All you need is the 100mm 26" airspring and you're ready to go. Nothing else. Any shop could do it for a little more than a lower leg service.

I'm on year 4 with one of the pikes and year 2 with the other. Both have been at every travel interval in 20mm increments at some point, no issues at any travel. Highly recommend.

I was really worried about that lowering, and what about tokens? This is that airspring that I need https://www.bike-components.de/en/RockShox/Solo-Air-Air-Shaft-Pike-Lyrik-Yari-p51680/ ?

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:

Ive had no problems with my pike dj, i think its super reliable and im sure rock shox would replace it if it blew up that fast

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:
ImMattWard wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:

No feelings hurt. I do appreciate different opinions. I’m not selling it as a make profit. It’s posted as a “anything is for sale for the right price”.

In my opinion, it might take longer but part it out. You'll end up making more compared to selling complete, but you'll also be stuck with parts for longer until someone wants them. There'd be more buyers looking for the wheelset alone in comparison to the full thing. I'd be interested in the wheels myself if they were priced right because the new Hydra hubs sounds like crap compared to the Torch. Or those 831s because the forged carbon bits are awesome.

I’m not really looking to sell it. It’s just posted to spark interest. If somebody shoots me an offer I can’t reaist I won’t say no.

Also the Hydra sounds really good in person. And the 831 will be a bit more “rare” since it’s a Grip2 damper. Took some time to find it. Probably be easier to find now though since I’ve already had it for almost a year.
Just curious as to what the grip 2 dampener does. And is it noticeable?

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
I just checked the specialized dealer site yesterday, they have the 2019 relisted as 2020 for the same price and plenty in stock. I didn't check spec or anything, but saw it and was at least glad they're "keeping" it even if it is the same. A few days ago the new p-hardtails showed up and I didn't see the p slope and was disappointed.

Semi-related I'm back on a pslop and I love it. I need to get pictures but I have a temporary build on it, but it's just too fun to care and finalize the build lol.
Does anyone know a way to order a p3 frame I’ve been looking to get a new one for about a year but can’t find just a frame and no one wants to sell just there frame. Same with a Scott voltage

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
Mypeenhurts wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:
Mypeenhurts wrote:

I’ve just recently heard about inner tubes that are crazy light, would this help? Also what are some light tires for street riding?

Maxxis DTH are the go to tires. I still run regular tubes but I’m never near thorns or glass really. Trendy boys will tell you tubeless.
Thanks for your help! I’ll look around for some better rims and tires.
I rode my bike around town every single day and it’s inevetable to run over glass,thorns and other stuff that can pop ur tires and my dths have only every gotten a slow leak and most the time it’s just from running to high of psi and casing/overshooting jumps. Rarely is it actually glass or thorns that pops my tubes

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 19:01 Quote
for street and indoor I run 60psi. For dirt its usually 40-50psi depending the dirt and how compact it is

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 2:26 Quote
Received this in the post a few days ago. After seeing some horror stories about Canyon's delivery I was very happy to receive it after only 4 days! Frame seems well designed and welds look strong. I chucked a slightly taller bar on along with some scabby lock ons and pedals for its maiden voyage and it does ride well! It is on the smaller side for me at 6ft 1 but a slightly taller bar again pushed forward slightly should sort that. Looks so good out of the box! Possibly looking at getting some DMR mech hanger chain tugs and trying gears on it for a 4x style set up to make it a bit more versatile. It's a Canyon Stitched 720 Pro:
2019 Canyon Stitched 720
2019 Canyon Stitched 720

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 5:52 Quote
looking for new pedals because I don't like my current ones. I have cb stomp 1 but I find they're too thin on the edges and don't grip that well.

Looking for plastic body with metal pins.

And go

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 6:51 Quote
Deity compound V2

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
talkingspoon wrote:
looking for new pedals because I don't like my current ones. I have cb stomp 1 but I find they're too thin on the edges and don't grip that well.

Looking for plastic body with metal pins.

And go

Diety composite v2

Or one up composite

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020079
Mobile Version of Website