Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 17:44 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
Nobble wrote:
zmcycle wrote:

Yeah but In dually I'm referring to.
Killswitch?

Kinda dated design though.

Don't even think they make them. I hear mixed things about ordering blackmarket or contacting them.
they're still up on their website, and the website seems to be updated.

They don't seem to have been active on social media since 2017 though.

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 18:02 Quote
A DJ bike comes with the idea that its small and playful. your best bet is high rise bars and some stack in the headset. I switch between an XL transtiion patrol, and a L canyon stitched, and its easy because I don't go on the canyon expecting to have a long and spacious bike. thats not what it is. Dirt jump and slope bikes are tighter and always will be. P3, large canyon, Kona DJ frame are some that cater to larger people but they won't ever be spacious bikes.

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 18:24 Quote
I think Commencal offers their slope/slalom frame in short and long. Very cool geo and specs on that one

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
Nobble wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Killswitch?

Kinda dated design though.

Don't even think they make them. I hear mixed things about ordering blackmarket or contacting them.
they're still up on their website, and the website seems to be updated.

They don't seem to have been active on social media since 2017 though.

One thing I noticed is they call you/contact you for payment, to me that suggests they might contact you to say "hey uhm so we don't have that right now...etc". Just seems odd to not have your website with a PayPal plug in or some form of payment method.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 4:06 Quote
crs-one wrote:
I think Commencal offers their slope/slalom frame in short and long. Very cool geo and specs on that one

What frame is this?
Looked on their website and could only find the hard tail dj bike

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 7:41 Quote
The Absolut SX. Looks like it might be out of production but jeeeez what a price

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
Enduro Bike got Some Upgrades Now Running 1x9 and New Seat
Guys I know it’s a strange and stupid question but what can I do to make my Kona Coiler more Slopestyle Capable , or how to make it a slopestyle bike. I have a dirtjump bike but I wanted to make my Kona the more slope as possible. Cheers

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 15:20 Quote
Cut the seat tube, and then look at what slopestyle bikes have and then try to emulate that.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 22:34 Quote
Short travel fork, and lighter tires like Maxxis DTH or Schwalbe Table Top, maybe remove the front brake.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 23:41 Quote
Thanks , I wanted to put a Bmx style railed seat , maybe (prefer to stay with gears and front brake for know) maybe an air shock on the back? And what travel fork for front?

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 19:30 Quote
100 mm on both preferably

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 20:51 Quote
Saraiva111 wrote:
Thanks , I wanted to put a Bmx style railed seat , maybe (prefer to stay with gears and front brake for know) maybe an air shock on the back? And what travel fork for front?

You wanna conserve the geo on that a little, so I wouldn't go down to 100. I'd do 140 or 130 air fork pumped up mega stiff with a proper length air shock on the back. Also pump the shock up as high as possible.

If I recall correctly those bikes are 150 or 160mm travel so short forking it by 10-20mm will drop the BB a hair and steepen the head angle a hair, but dropping to 100 up front could totally ruin ride quality. Just get air suspension and run it as stiff as possible and shorten the fork by a modest 10-20mm.

I think Andreu Lacon used to run a coiler back in the day for really big Slopestyle esque stuff. Could make a decent freeride/slope(ish) bike.

Edit: quick Google reveals nothing to support my idea that he rode a coiler. Still I think some pro did it for a minute because I really remember wanting one, but now I have a bass which is exactly the bike you're looking for.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 23:43 Quote
Thanks For the Help Guys , when I first used my dirt jump hardtail I went with a group of friends and 1 guy that I didn’t know , had a Kona bass , and I spotted that the difference on both bikes aren’t so big , shorter frame and forks I think only. Loved the bike

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 23:48 Quote
I have a fork that’s air , but wanted to put an air coil. I think that some years ago the pros used a Kona sticky as a slope bike

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 12:00 Quote
I am just talking about how the pro slopestyle people have their bikes.
Da-Moose wrote:
Saraiva111 wrote:

You wanna conserve the geo on that a little, so I wouldn't go down to 100. I'd do 140 or 130 air fork pumped up mega stiff with a proper length air shock on the back. Also pump the shock up as high as possible.

If I recall correctly those bikes are 150 or 160mm travel so short forking it by 10-20mm will drop the BB a hair and steepen the head angle a hair, but dropping to 100 up front could totally ruin ride quality. Just get air suspension and run it as stiff as possible and shorten the fork by a modest 10-20mm.

I think Andreu Lacon used to run a coiler back in the day for really big Slopestyle esque stuff. Could make a decent freeride/slope(ish) bike.

Edit: quick Google reveals nothing to support my idea that he rode a coiler. Still I think some pro did it for a minute because I really remember wanting one, but now I have a bass which is exactly the bike you're looking for.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010102
Mobile Version of Website