Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 19:56 Quote
Mason1919 wrote:
This is my 2021 trid
Dude it looks like I could eat your bike and it would taste good

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 21:18 Quote
bikeman5 wrote:
Like wonky how?

On slope bikes, I think a good quality to have is for the suspension to ramp up, so A you don't bottom out every time you case, and B so that you go through the least amount of travel going off lips. With the Kill switch, the travel kind of followed the path of a logarithmic curve, where the suspension did the opposite of ramp up, and off every lip, I would go through like 60 to 70 percent of the travel. The shock was pumped up above the max limit and it still constantly went through all its travel. I never cased it, but I imagine if I did I would have bottomed out hard. As far as riding characteristics it was meh. The Pslope, and the ticket S I had previous to my current canyon are just so much more fun than the killswitch was. If I got a free one I might ride it, but thats about as far as I'd go with it.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 21:20 Quote
bikeman5 wrote:
Anyone know anything about the blackmarket killswitch?
I had one and loved it.
Well the Killswitch isn t done yet. But it s rideable so testing it out tomorrow for the first time

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 7:50 Quote
I still want a Kill Switch

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 9:45 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
bikeman5 wrote:
Like wonky how?

On slope bikes, I think a good quality to have is for the suspension to ramp up, so A you don't bottom out every time you case, and B so that you go through the least amount of travel going off lips. With the Kill switch, the travel kind of followed the path of a logarithmic curve, where the suspension did the opposite of ramp up, and off every lip, I would go through like 60 to 70 percent of the travel. The shock was pumped up above the max limit and it still constantly went through all its travel. I never cased it, but I imagine if I did I would have bottomed out hard. As far as riding characteristics it was meh. The Pslope, and the ticket S I had previous to my current canyon are just so much more fun than the killswitch was. If I got a free one I might ride it, but thats about as far as I'd go with it.

Ok, thanks for the info. I can tune suspension pretty well, would that fix it or is it more an issue with the linkage?

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 11:07 Quote
Straight steerer tube is going to severely limit your fork options these days too.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
bikeman5 wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
bikeman5 wrote:
Like wonky how?

Ok, thanks for the info. I can tune suspension pretty well, would that fix it or is it more an issue with the linkage?

Theres nothing really to tune when you're going through travel and the shock is already way over max PSI and in the locked out position. Anyways, spending this much money on bikes has never been a rational thing. Like my opinion was that it just doesn't have a good suspension platform. If you want a killswitch, by all means you should buy one. Its still a bike and you'll probably have fun on it. I just really disliked the ones I rode compared to some other slope bikes I had.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 0:20 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
bikeman5 wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

Theres nothing really to tune when you're going through travel and the shock is already way over max PSI and in the locked out position. Anyways, spending this much money on bikes has never been a rational thing. Like my opinion was that it just doesn't have a good suspension platform. If you want a killswitch, by all means you should buy one. Its still a bike and you'll probably have fun on it. I just really disliked the ones I rode compared to some other slope bikes I had.

Ok, thanks

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 10:20 Quote
Classic need to flex the new shop build.

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 10:41 Quote
Ohhh my god that thing is so beautiful

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 10:48 Quote
luckynugget wrote:
Ohhh my god that thing is so beautiful

Thank you! We pride ourselves in sexy builds!

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
Nice build. What tyre is that on the rear?

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
noisette wrote:
Kenda Kranium

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
That thing's cool as hell. I loved the first gen Dartmoor Shines. But the new ones look like they're suit riding more stuff. The OG did look to have a bit more of a fully jump geo. The new ones look like they're better all round fun.

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
noisette wrote:
Kenda Kranium

Cheers, wasn't sure. Pretty hard to find these days on this side of the pond, pro'ly because the 3sixty replaces it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011909
Mobile Version of Website