Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
noisette wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
noisette wrote:
Nice build. What tyre is that on the rear?
Kenda Kranium

Cheers, wasn't sure. Pretty hard to find these days on this side of the pond, pro'ly because the 3sixty replaces it?

Yeah even the 3sixty was difficult for us to secure. We had to commit to buying 40 from our distribution to get some.

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 15:21 Quote
shoefanu wrote:
That thing's cool as hell. I loved the first gen Dartmoor Shines. But the new ones look like they're suit riding more stuff. The OG did look to have a bit more of a fully jump geo. The new ones look like they're better all round fun.

Radio actually took the old design and sell it as their slope bike, so it's still made under that brand. Dartmoor switched manufacturers for their dual suspension frames.

The geo on the new ones is still most definitely slope, but I could totally see someone making them mini fr/ dh rigs or even for kids, a higher suspension set up would help for that.

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 15:56 Quote
That does look like a nice bike- would like to try one out.

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 20:27 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
noisette wrote:
zmcycle wrote:

Kenda Kranium

Cheers, wasn't sure. Pretty hard to find these days on this side of the pond, pro'ly because the 3sixty replaces it?

Yeah even the 3sixty was difficult for us to secure. We had to commit to buying 40 from our distribution to get some.

Thanks for that btw, we tagged in too.

#ZMxCS

Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 3:35 Quote
crs-one wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
noisette wrote:

Thanks for that btw, we tagged in too.

#ZMxCS

Anytime homie

Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Lmao

Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
Ah im debating between getting a bike like a old Dartmoor shine or transition double will make geared or getting something like an ns decade and will make that geared gonna buy second hand and will use it for dirt jump 4x dual slalom then like super light freeride and just riding around the woods but I’m stuck anyone got any Ideas

Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 15:32 Quote
Any of those bikes would be great, don’t overthink it. Get what you can afford and have fun with it

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 5:18 Quote
Ordering a Trid ZZ this weekend and cannot wait.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
Snapped my Polygon Trid ZZ haha.
Broke cleanly at weld of driveside chainstay and swingarm yoke.
On closer inspection there was hardly any weld at this point lol so there quality control is questionable.
Stripping the bike down I could see how this bike is made at its pricepoint.
Maybe look elsewhere.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 18:12 Quote
If anyone is looking for a 142x12 SS hub, Zerode Bikes sells the Novatec/Factor one for super cheap ($170 NZD) - and you can't buy it anywhere else as far as I know! When Factor annouced it on their instagram they said it won't be available until next year. Zerode specs it on their complete bikes.

https://zerodebikes.com/products-list/novatec-single-speed-hub

I also asked Factor about 135x10 and they said it will be convertible with an axle swap.

I built up a rear wheel for my Trid ZZ using it:

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 8:14 Quote
Hello Slopestyle guys and gals!

I bought a Cove Hooker (the guy says it's a2015 but it could be a 2015) it's team blue with gold accents.

I was thinking about building it up with some heavy- duty components and trying it out on some of the easier DH trails at the local mountain.

I will have to weigh it, but when it arrived it was way lighter than anything else I have owned. I have a Banshee Legend 2, a Transition Bottlerocket, and a Transition Vagrant. All boat anchors but I trust them to not fall apart under me.

Do you guys think the Hooker is strong enough? it is made of Easton RAD tubing which is the same profile as the Banshee Chaparral which was just a smaller scream...

Thanks, Rosewheel

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 15:30 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
Hello Slopestyle guys and gals!

I bought a Cove Hooker (the guy says it's a2015 but it could be a 2015) it's team blue with gold accents.

I was thinking about building it up with some heavy- duty components and trying it out on some of the easier DH trails at the local mountain.

I will have to weigh it, but when it arrived it was way lighter than anything else I have owned. I have a Banshee Legend 2, a Transition Bottlerocket, and a Transition Vagrant. All boat anchors but I trust them to not fall apart under me.

Do you guys think the Hooker is strong enough? it is made of Easton RAD tubing which is the same profile as the Banshee Chaparral which was just a smaller scream...

Thanks, Rosewheel

I own the exact same bike. It will work okay for the flow and jump trails, the suspension will never work like a DH bike or a trail bike. Its an older slopestyle bike so the suspension will either be soft and unpredictable or pumped up and feeling rigid.

It’s a great bike for what it’s meant to do.

As far as being light- it is not a light frame. Although it makes up for that in strength.

Enjoy it

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
I will and do enjoy it!

Good to know about the suspension, thanks for all the info, I appreciate the reply.

he reason I think it's so light is all my others are so heavy and it is a wee bit scary being on something so lightweight (comparatively) Thanks!

P.S. what is your lightest weight bike currently? Thanks, Rosewheel

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009843
Mobile Version of Website