Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: May 1, 2022 at 9:00 Quote
dirtjumpfun07 wrote:
fantastic! thanks man.
Also the front fork is a late 2000's x-fusion velvet. It seems to work quite good on jumps, but on x-fusion's website its labelled as an XC fork. Is this something I should consider replacing?

It was definitely an xc fork back in it's day but people often ran em on DJs.

From what I recall, they were not really strong enough for the full abuse of DJ. But people did make due.

Posted: May 1, 2022 at 15:21 Quote
So its a replace it when it breaks sort of thing?

Posted: May 1, 2022 at 17:57 Quote
dirtjumpfun07 wrote:
So its a replace it when it breaks sort of thing?

Probably a good way to put it.

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 15:43 Quote
Trek ticket s, p slope, or canyon stitched 720,
Which one do you guys like the best in terms of geo and how stiff the rear shock is

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 19:35 Quote
Personally I have never ridden either but i've read and watched multiple reviews and looked over the specs of each dozens of times, one of the major points against the ticket s in my opinion is its need for a chain tensioner, whereas the stitched 720 does not. It also depends on budget, the ticket s is more expensive, (if i remember correctly) and if you want a used fully built ticket s, (it only comes new as a frame). the two bikes usually have the same components. Stitched 720 in my opinion though. It's really all just personal preferance. Watch and read a few reviews and go from thereSmile .

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 7:33 Quote
All 3 of the frames will have stiff rear shocks, and if not can be tuned exactly How you want it. Like dirt07 said the chain tensioner is the biggest bummer for the Ticket - extra weight and complications. P Slope is known to be hard on shocks as the shock is what connects the front and rear triangle, however they ride fantastic. Go for the canyon, best value, great design.

Posted: May 8, 2022 at 15:37 Quote
I didn't even realise he mentioned the p-slope, my bad

Posted: May 12, 2022 at 17:46 Quote
Got my wife a new slope rig Big Grin Build coming, here it is fresh from Nashville.

His and Hers slope bikes Wink

Posted: May 12, 2022 at 19:33 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Got my wife a new slope rig Big Grin Build coming, here it is fresh from Nashville.

SHEEEEEEEESH!!! That ticket-s looks soo good. Sick builds!

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 2:43 Quote
The soda is awesome. I love mine.

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 9:05 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Cannot unsee front axle lever position...

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 13:54 Quote
hahaha I actually hadnt finished building it yet, just grabbed it out of the box. I am swapping the fork and everything anyways.

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 14:01 Quote
Wow you found that colour frame good hunting man. Lucky wife- I assume you paid for the bike haha

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 15:35 Quote
haha yep, took me a few months, but finally got it. Should be a fun little bike in a few months.

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 7:30 Quote

This past weekend I found a gem.
'09 Kona Bass, never been owned, and was on the back of the rack at a shop for 13 years.
So pumped on this mamajama!

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013842
Mobile Version of Website