Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Mod
Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
Dclem871 wrote:
mior wrote:
Dclem871 wrote:

You’ll get there and when you do the Trid zz is a great bike! I would of rather bought the stitched 720 but I really wanted gears and I didn’t want to wait forever. Only complaint I have is the weight, rear brake line is a mile long and my quick link broke 2nd day of riding. Other than that I absolutely love it! I’m thinking about doing rental carbon bars and Renthal 31.8 40mm stem
rear brake is meant to be wrapped around the head tube. also want to put the shifter on the downtube for that cockpit freeness and singlespeed feel. even some decent spank bars will be lighter. i dont recommend carbon for DJ bikes because it might compromise if you end up bailing or crashing
I’m curious as to why the brake line would need to be that long? I’m new to bikes so there’s still a lot of things I’m figuring out. I know carbon is sometimes frowned upon for dj but I really don’t push my limits to much anymore so I plan to stay off the ground lol I really want to get the weight down to around mid 20s
i have a HT dj thats barely in the mid 20s. itll be really hard to get it that low. its really a kids frame. DJ/slope frames are sturdy, remember cheap-light-strong pick 2. its a cheap slope bike

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 13:02 Quote
dirtjumpfun07 wrote:
the brake hose is usually longer on dj and slopestyle bikes to allow you to do barspins without needing a gyro. I have a 1700 mm hose that raps around the steerer tube 3 times.
Lol not sure why I couldn’t put that one together. And if I moved my shifter to the down tube that would make sense

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 11:38 Quote
Finally finished up my wife's slopstyle bike build, a custom NS Soda Slope. Had her build it, for fun, and made a wildly mediocre video about it.

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 1:13 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Finally finished up my wife's slopstyle bike build, a custom NS Soda Slope. Had her build it, for fun, and made a wildly mediocre video about it.
*SNIP*

Lovely build, out of interest why'd you go for an 831 over a pike dj or bomber DJ?

Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 6:31 Quote
hgardner wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
*SNIP*

Lovely build, out of interest why'd you go for an 831 over a pike dj or bomber DJ?

Purely out of weight actually, and I looked specifically for a 32 831 as well, my wife is only 120lbs, and doesnt ride aggressively at all, so keeping weight down was the goal over rigidity.

Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 6:34 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
hgardner wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
*SNIP*

Purely out of weight actually, and I looked specifically for a 32 831 as well, my wife is only 120lbs, and doesnt ride aggressively at all, so keeping weight down was the goal over rigidity.
Ahhhh that makes sense, as a nearly 100kg bloke I need the bigger stanchions lol , suprised fox aren't doing a 36mm 831. Though I suppose they're keeping the fox name for racing and moving the freeride stuff over to marzochi so they'd just be competing with themselves

Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 6:55 Quote
Awesome, I have the older NS Slope and its a hoot

Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 6:58 Quote
hgardner wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
hgardner wrote:

Ahhhh that makes sense, as a nearly 100kg bloke I need the bigger stanchions lol , suprised fox aren't doing a 36mm 831. Though I suppose they're keeping the fox name for racing and moving the freeride stuff over to marzochi so they'd just be competing with themselves

Exactly, they did actually do a 34 831 and eventually a 36 831 for a short period of time.

Posted: Oct 29, 2022 at 16:17 Quote
looks like a session
bigquotes

Iv already posted this bike to this forum on a different acc but just got a fresh photo and thought I’d post it again cuz why not!

In case you’re wondering the Specs are
Trek ticket frame
Onyx hubs
Spank spike 33 rims
Deity stem
Magura mt8 brake
Pnw bars
Shimano zee cranks
Spank seat
Rockshox pike fork
And crankbrother pedals

Posted: May 12, 2023 at 7:23 Quote
Just saw this in the Buy/sell (Not mine & I don't know the guy so I'm not trying to sell it - just thought it looked cool). Completely forgot these frames existed, looks so good!

photo

Posted: May 12, 2023 at 9:06 Quote
Those old RM's are neat!

Is anyone a Specialized nerd? And remember clearly the older Enduro SX frame? Some places say it's a 100mm frame, others say it's a 135mm frame? Specialized.com Archives show 135mm, but that's the only place that I can find that says that. Anyone know what it actually is? Did it change by the year?

I am on the hunt for a 2016+ Specialized Enduro SX Long, I need to build a modern mullet Dual Slalom bike.

Posted: May 13, 2023 at 14:57 Quote
photo

After many years, finally got the dream bike

Draggon wrote:
bmxbaddy wrote:
photo

I love the Stitched 720 but it's not available in the US. Luckily I was able to get my hands on a Play CF. Still hoping to get a 720, they made the 360 available a few weeks ago so hopefully the 720 will be next

Draggon wrote:
photo

Damn, nice man. I was trying to get a Play CF for a while actually, almost tempted to offer a trade, hahaa.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2023 at 18:54 Quote
The Specialized SX reaches its final form!
New Bomber DJ fork. Super stoked on how it feels.

Not much else at this point, the Bike Yoke / Metric Deluxe was also a huge performance changer.
Just so much fun to ride

2009 Specialized SX - Custom build all modern parts
2009 Specialized SX - Custom build all modern parts
photo

Posted: May 16, 2023 at 5:12 Quote
Hello Guys!

I have a P-Slope from 2013, i really like it, but the second rear shock eyelet broken.

Same like this post:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=189973

Anyone tips what cause the damage? I cannot see any deformation on the frame and the rear triangle is moving perfectly.

Originally there are o-rings as spacers on both sides of the rear shock.

When the new rear shock arrives, I will not install the o-rings for the spacer, but the metal spacers that come with the rock shox mounting hardware.

Regards, Gergely

Posted: May 16, 2023 at 7:01 Quote
That SX Bearclaw is so damn cool

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.139920
Mobile Version of Website