Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: May 16, 2023 at 17:47 Quote
gdurucz wrote:
Hello Guys!

I have a P-Slope from 2013, i really like it, but the second rear shock eyelet broken.

Same like this post:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=189973

Anyone tips what cause the damage? I cannot see any deformation on the frame and the rear triangle is moving perfectly.

Originally there are o-rings as spacers on both sides of the rear shock.

When the new rear shock arrives, I will not install the o-rings for the spacer, but the metal spacers that come with the rock shox mounting hardware.

Regards, Gergely
how much side to side flex did you have before this happened? It's imperative to keep the DU bushings fresh. I replaced mine twice a year, they're cheap and it's super easy to do. The main pivot also needs to be tight which is impossible to do without a custom tool. And the pinch bolt around the non drive side needs to be tight but not too tight. The shock can be repaired with a replacement upgraded debonair stanchion. Getting a replacement shock with non HH tuning won't work as you'll have to get it rebuilt with parts form your original shock to keep the tuning.

Posted: May 18, 2023 at 4:20 Quote
gdurucz wrote:
Hello Guys!

I have a P-Slope from 2013, i really like it, but the second rear shock eyelet broken.

Same like this post:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=189973

Anyone tips what cause the damage? I cannot see any deformation on the frame and the rear triangle is moving perfectly.

Originally there are o-rings as spacers on both sides of the rear shock.

When the new rear shock arrives, I will not install the o-rings for the spacer, but the metal spacers that come with the rock shox mounting hardware.

Regards, Gergely

If you land sideways often the rear shock takes alot of the forces because there is no linkage on that frame
Unfortunately its just how it is on this frame, probably why it never got used much for slopestyle competitions and discontinued

Like the other guy said make sure the bushings are good.. they wear out way too fast, I had a lbs change the bushings to some sort of roller bearings and they last longer

Posted: May 22, 2023 at 16:53 Quote
bmxbaddy wrote:
photo

After many years, finally got the dream bike

Draggon wrote:
bmxbaddy wrote:
photo

I love the Stitched 720 but it's not available in the US. Luckily I was able to get my hands on a Play CF. Still hoping to get a 720, they made the 360 available a few weeks ago so hopefully the 720 will be next

Damn, nice man. I was trying to get a Play CF for a while actually, almost tempted to offer a trade, hahaa.

Awesome man!! Love that color. Wicked bike to ride, however, I'm actually about to post mine up for sale.

Posted: Jun 2, 2023 at 19:08 Quote
Hey guys, I'm attempting to bring my 2010 specialized sx slope from the dead. I dropped it off at my LBS and told them ro go through it completely and try to make it as clean as possible.
I stopped riding it around 2016-2017. At the time it was built up with the best lightweight components I could find.
Assuming I get the bike back without it costing me a bunch of money what do you all suggest for upgrading it to a more modern standard? I'm thinking definitely a rear shock and maybe a fork too. I'm not sure what is available in 26in these days. Any help would be appreciated!

Posted: Jun 3, 2023 at 4:43 Quote
I would just ride it, if it has good parts that are working?

A new fork isn’t going to be that much of an upgrade if it already has a good fork even though its 6 years old

Just ride it and have fun, use the money you were going to upgrade to go on a bike trip somewhere with it or fuel money to the dirtjumps etc

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2023 at 12:29 Quote
ShartedBriefs wrote:
Hey guys, I'm attempting to bring my 2010 specialized sx slope from the dead. I dropped it off at my LBS and told them ro go through it completely and try to make it as clean as possible.
I stopped riding it around 2016-2017. At the time it was built up with the best lightweight components I could find.
Assuming I get the bike back without it costing me a bunch of money what do you all suggest for upgrading it to a more modern standard? I'm thinking definitely a rear shock and maybe a fork too. I'm not sure what is available in 26in these days. Any help would be appreciated!

If you want to chat SX feel free to message me!

I have just finished doing what you're describing, modern suspension etc.

2009 Specialized SX - Custom build all modern parts

Posted: Jun 5, 2023 at 5:44 Quote
While we have the SX Enduro Nerds attending, fill me in on the generations of their frames. I am looking at the latest generation I think the most, 2016ish? Are they 100mm or 130mm? Specialized website lists it as being 130mm, but all other pages list it as 100mm of travel?

I'd love to find a newer L frame to build as a DS bike, I'd set it up as a mini mullet with 27.5 front and drivetrain.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 13:01 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
While we have the SX Enduro Nerds attending, fill me in on the generations of their frames. I am looking at the latest generation I think the most, 2016ish? Are they 100mm or 130mm? Specialized website lists it as being 130mm, but all other pages list it as 100mm of travel?

I'd love to find a newer L frame to build as a DS bike, I'd set it up as a mini mullet with 27.5 front and drivetrain.

They did a 06-08 SX with just the 1/18 headtube. Than the 09-12’ swoopy frame with tapered (I’m biased I think they are the sickest)

Than the 2014-2016 is the Enduro SX and as far as I know the frame is 130mm rear travel. But you see a lot of them built up with 100-120mm fork. Mini mullet would be very cool on that frame!

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 14:12 Quote
devin-m wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

They did a 06-08 SX with just the 1/18 headtube. Than the 09-12’ swoopy frame with tapered (I’m biased I think they are the sickest)

Than the 2014-2016 is the Enduro SX and as far as I know the frame is 130mm rear travel. But you see a lot of them built up with 100-120mm fork. Mini mullet would be very cool on that frame!

Ok perfect, so the black 14-silver 16 is the same frame, all with 130mm rear travel? Thanks man!

The hunt for a frame continues! haha

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2023 at 13:30 Quote
devin-m wrote:
ShartedBriefs wrote:

If you want to chat SX feel free to message me!

I have just finished doing what you're describing, modern suspension etc.

2009 Specialized SX - Custom build all modern parts

Glad I am not the only one here bringing the SXs back from the dead. Got this for dirt cheap off marketplace and just started assembling this last night after removing all the paint. Still waiting on a few parts but I can't wait to ride it. Dream bike when I was in my teens.

Specialized SX 2009

Posted: Oct 9, 2023 at 16:34 Quote
Loving that raw finish.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2023 at 15:14 Quote
Finally got it done today. Really happy with how it rides. Kind of odd to be back on a 26" bike after years of 29ers but I can't wait to get out to the jumps with it.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Photo included of how it looked when I bought it off marketplace as well.

photo

Posted: Oct 10, 2023 at 22:48 Quote
chwk wrote:
Finally got it done today. Really happy with how it rides. Kind of odd to be back on a 26" bike after years of 29ers but I can't wait to get out to the jumps with it.

Photo included of how it looked when I bought it off marketplace as well.

That thing is awesome! The old Sun Ringle Circus wheels are quite the throwback.

Posted: Oct 10, 2023 at 22:52 Quote
Don't remember if this got posted here or not, but this Homemade carbon slope bike made Vital's Bike of The Day the other day.
The guy is using a road hub on the front for weight savings. Whether it's worth the savings or not, it looks really clean.
https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/boomtb/act-7-mk1-prototype-carbon-slope-bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026214
Mobile Version of Website