Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Mar 26, 2014 at 18:35 Quote
konastinkysrule wrote:
kaimbell90 wrote:
konastinkysrule wrote:

Thanks for the info, hadn't found a good site. Price is a tad high, would love to find something used!
Bought mine from Lama. Pretty decent shipping speed considering I am in California. Took 7 days.

Wow that's actually not bad at all
yeah when i bought my soda complete it was at my door 2 days later! They have really good customer service so the little extra you pay is worth it. Plus its a canadian company and the dudes that owns it rides bikes everyday so !

Posted: Mar 26, 2014 at 18:36 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
konastinkysrule wrote:
kaimbell90 wrote:

Bought mine from Lama. Pretty decent shipping speed considering I am in California. Took 7 days.

yeah when i bought my soda complete it was at my door 2 days later! They have really good customer service so the little extra you pay is worth it. Plus its a canadian company and the dudes that owns it rides bikes everyday so !

Would you say it's easy to justify the 2700$ price tag on the new soda slope on their site? Likin the looks of it.

Posted: Mar 26, 2014 at 18:47 Quote
konastinkysrule wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
konastinkysrule wrote:

Would you say it's easy to justify the 2700$ price tag on the new soda slope on their site? Likin the looks of it.

It's a fine bike, but not worth $2700 in my personal opinion. Avid brakes, decent components and overall weighs 30.4 lbs which is good, but for $2700 I feel you could get it lighter/better components. I just bought my 2013 frame barely used for $850 and am building it up soon.

Posted: Mar 26, 2014 at 18:51 Quote
CurvedLine wrote:
konastinkysrule wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:

It's a fine bike, but not worth $2700 in my personal opinion. Avid brakes, decent components and overall weighs 30.4 lbs which is good, but for $2700 I feel you could get it lighter/better components. I just bought my 2013 frame barely used for $850 and am building it up soon.

Totally, I see what your saying. The decision for me has been between a soda and a pslope but I'm now leaning towards a soda due to more travel and freeride capabilities. That's not bad at all!

Posted: Mar 26, 2014 at 19:49 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Well then I guess that is a no brainer that didn't need a post then?
just wanted to know if anyone had experience with it, i'll try to get my soda lighter than your ticket :$

Shouldn't be hard. I got 2 brakes, a dropper and a turncoat. 27 and some change last time I checked. Fun tho.

Posted: Mar 26, 2014 at 22:54 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Well then I guess that is a no brainer that didn't need a post then?
just wanted to know if anyone had experience with it, i'll try to get my soda lighter than your ticket :$

Shouldn't be hard. I got 2 brakes, a dropper and a turncoat. 27 and some change last time I checked. Fun tho.

Heavier than my co-worker's Bronson. Razz

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 4:58 Quote
I am building up a 4x/dj/ss hardtail and was wondering what your opinions where on running a coil 454 pike uturn or a fox 36 lowered to 100mm?
thx josh

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 5:32 Quote
36 all day everyday.

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 5:33 Quote
454 are usually too soft

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 5:48 Quote
Get an Argyle RCT!!

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 6:05 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
36 all day everyday.
Make sure you get a float though.

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 7:07 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
I am building up a 4x/dj/ss hardtail and was wondering what your opinions where on running a coil 454 pike uturn or a fox 36 lowered to 100mm?
thx josh

I had a 36 float on my dreamliner and it worked well. It's indestructible on an SS bike. I now run a 32 though because of weight.

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 9:00 Quote
Ok that's not good cause the 36 i was looking at is sold and the ret are not the right steerer or price for me... I am also really light am like the adjustability of the pike so think i will go for that
Thx for your views i may change to 36 next time i change the forks but i can't afford it Frown

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 10:33 Quote
can i have it ? Please?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010555
Mobile Version of Website