Bedding in Hope Mono M4?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Bedding in Hope Mono M4?
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 17:35 Quote
Sorry I posted it before you had edited your post.Thanks for the help.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 17:51 Quote
No probs. Hydraulics facinate me and I know a lot about them Big Grin

Hope it all goes good buddy.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 18:00 Quote
MadMike, If I took the the cap off the brake lever to replace it, would Ineed to rebleed it?

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 18:01 Quote
The resevoir cap? Top of the lever square box?

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 18:09 Quote
No, make sure it is parallel with the ground and try not to lose any fluid and you'll be ok. If anything you might need to top it up anyway. I did with my hydros within a week.

Oh just so you know, if you do force the pistons back in you will need to take that cap off.

Just remember, keep it parallel and you'll be good. Just 1 thing though, why are you taking it off?

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 18:11 Quote
The piston's go back prety easy. I have pushed the pistons back about 3 times will I need to take it off? I am swapping it for a red one.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 18:14 Quote
You're probably fine then, nothing major just procedure.. Like I said, parallel, pop yours off and screw the new one on, sorted mate!

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 18:23 Quote
Going to go ridin tomoz get them beded in nice. Going to go for a bike ride through are local woods.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 18:39 Quote
MadMax you got message.

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 11:04 Quote
Went to bike shop and go my brakes setup, much better. They seem to howl a bit.Could that be due to the coldness?

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 13:07 Quote
Any more tips on how to bed in Hope M4 brakes?? My back brake has a new EBC Green pad and it has literally zero power, cannot even lock the wheel at about 2kph. But the pads are new and I cleaned the rotor with ethyl alcohol so maybe the problem is bedding in.

How long does it take to bed in Hope brakes (In average)? Any tips from a Hope veteran here??

Should I shuttle up a long will and basically ride down pumping the brakes softly or simply take it easy start riding around with time it gets better?? What do you guys normally do??

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011980
Mobile Version of Website