I was scammed by DAKOTADH

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
I was scammed by DAKOTADH
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 9, 2010 at 13:25 Quote
I recently purchased a fork from dakotadh that arrived with undisclosed stanchion scratches. I have exhausted all my options to remedy this problem. I have tried to negotiate with the seller, I have filed a dispute with Paypal and now I hope the Pinkbike community can help.

The ad said perfectly clean stanchions. The seller has taken down his ad and photos but I luckily made copies. A copy of the ad is shown here:

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5539281/

The scratches are clearly visible in this photo I took of the scratches shown here:

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5538022/

Comparing the above photo with a copy of the ad photo, the scratches are easy to find. proves the scratches existed when the dakotadh was in possession of the fork. The scratches are just visible, although partially obscured by a reflection here in a copy of the ad photo:

http://light.pinkbike.com/album/Talas-36/

This photo is a copy of the ad photo with the scratches, magnified and with arrows pointing at the scratches:

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5542761/

There a lots of things I would have done differently. I wish I would have zoomed into the photos better, asked for more pictures, there are lots of things I should have done. In the end my biggest mistake was I was too trusting. The mountain bikers I have met are of a high moral fibre, honest and quick to lend a hand out on the trail. I made the mistake that we were all this way. It did not occur to me that a mountain biker would hide a problem in order to make a sale.

If you happen to know dakotadh, also known as Charles Glood, I hope you will tell him to do the right thing and refund enough money to pay for a new crown steerer unit. If you are ever thinking about purchasing something from dakotadh, think twice.

This is the link to the original ad (if for some strange reason the mods can see it) :
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/690040/
This is an original ad photo:
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5448988/

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 at 13:36 Quote
Add not showing up.

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 at 15:27 Quote
The seller deleted the ad and all pictures. I posted the link because I hoped the mods could see a deleted ad. Nothing is really ever deleted.

Posted: Sep 9, 2010 at 16:02 Quote
Buy local. or trusted seller. only way to remedy such things...

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 5:00 Quote
Link this thread to the seller,i can't see the adds even when they are deleted maybe radek/brule or spoiledgoods can.?

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 5:01 Quote
marquis wrote:
Link this thread to the seller,i can't see the adds even when they are deleted maybe radek/brule or spoiledgoods can.?

Edit: on second thoughts i will mark him as a scammer as any one that was legit wouldn't remove the add.

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 10:17 Quote
This Buyer wanted unrealistic compensation for the item. I have sold 50+items on PB and I plan on contacting as many buyers as I can to tell their stories of positive transactions. This guy is the scammer asking for money to replace the 250.00+ crown steering unit for scratches that did not exist when I shipped the item! Bum deal! I said some stuff in anger that I shouldn't have but this guy really made me angry!

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 10:20 Quote
Also, I sell lots and lots of items. I had seven pages of pics of items that I had sold years ago. I always delete old item pics because if I don't people look through the pics and message me about buying items in my Busell pic album and the items sold months ago. Please don't pass judgement on this unless you are a legitimate buyer of an item that wasn't legit. That's fair. Hopefully I can get other purchasers on here quickly to vouch for me not being a scammer. A scammer would not go therough this BS to get this removed! He would just move on! Please help guys!

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 10:22 Quote
I also offered to compensate up to 75.00 bucks to appease the situation and avoid all of this but the buyer refused just to be a pain in my side! GOD THIS IS SO STUPID! AAAAHHHHH!

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 10:39 Quote
I am a friend of Dakotadh and fully believe him on this one. I am not calling anyone a liar but those scratches are tiny and easily could have happened during shipping. I can guarantee that they won't do anything accept they can be seen. Did the buyer ask ups for a claim? How can he be sure they weren't caused by ups. Was the box damaged upon arrival? I think this is blown way out of proportion by the OP!!

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 11:00 Quote
DakotaDH is not a scammer! Very cool dude just likes to buy/sell bikes and parts! He is very fair and honest. He is obviously offering a compensation so chill the F out canadia!

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 13:50 Quote
I just bought a used Ibis Mojo SL from a guy on PB. I got three rides on it when the shock blew up! I messaged the guy, we split the 100 fee for rebuild and life goes on. When you buy used stuff, It's USED stuff. To a degree you have to risk that. If you're not cool with it then support your LBS. I was honest about the fork. It sold for fair market value. If it's not up to your standards then you should've taken the offer I gave you for 75.00 and resold it! Not installed it, bitched about it, wrote about it, flagged me as a scammer, just sell it and buy a new one as it seems that is the only condition that will satisfy you.

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 14:44 Quote
I bought my Nomad frame from DakotaDH and I couldn't be happier. There were a few nicks in the paint, but he knew it and posted it in the ad that way. I definitely don't think he is a scammer. Actually one of the best sellers I've dealt with, and I've bought a lot of used things in the past....

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 17:46 Quote
scottvt wrote:
I bought my Nomad frame from DakotaDH and I couldn't be happier. There were a few nicks in the paint, but he knew it and posted it in the ad that way. I definitely don't think he is a scammer. Actually one of the best sellers I've dealt with, and I've bought a lot of used things in the past....

Thanks for the good word Scott!!! I really appreciate it!

Posted: Sep 11, 2010 at 7:23 Quote
marquis wrote:
marquis wrote:

Edit: on second thoughts i will mark him as a scammer as any one that was legit wouldn't remove the add.

So I am supposed to leave all of my old ads up? I delete them after I sell each item... I don't think that it's necessary to keep a whole bunch of olds pics and ads on my profile..... Please don't assume I am wrong simply because I clean up old items on my profile. watch user Erikellison he sells tons of stuff and does the same thing too.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012628
Mobile Version of Website