All things haldon

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
All things haldon
Posted: May 19, 2012 at 14:24 Quote
James stop being so paranoid, the mainside people turn a blind eye to most of the stuff built down there

Posted: May 19, 2012 at 17:42 Quote
I found a sick one the other day that goes from the very top of the blue? Trail and goes right down to the bottom of the hill to the red run

Posted: May 20, 2012 at 0:12 Quote
Trails they can't do much about, other than block it off or churn it up. Blocking it off will be useless as people will just open it again. And churning it up is too much effort than what it's worth. Any structures on the other hand are more likely to be taken down cause they are normally poorly built!

Posted: May 20, 2012 at 2:48 Quote
Yeah, all the trails I've found have been raked/cleared no structures only branches marking corners although I noticed someone has built a small ramp near the black section, doesn't look much and I didn't bother taking a closer look

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 14:14 Quote
Anyone know how much longer we have the cafeside FR run for? FC seem to be moving down the track slowly. Gonna be gutted when it goes. Mega happy to help develop a new area once its gone. Loving the new Bitch Tea gap- beaut!

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 14:17 Quote
Freeride line is perfectly safe for another couple years for Definate. Any changes have been made due to maintanence, for example a landslide I cleared 2 weeks ago. Nothing to worry about.

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 14:31 Quote
OK glad to hear it thanks. Had heard from the Sunday dig it was going mid 13-ish. Everything's crossed. Not sure how far I'd travel for a decent gap without the place...

Posted: Dec 7, 2012 at 14:38 Quote
Yeah, don't worry there will always be big gaps! We're working strongly with the FC to come to a compromise or stop the fell altogether. There's a good chance they can get the wood from somewhere else. So we're hoping. Worst case Is that we have to move to a new location. Then if your happy to help us build the place, your welcome to be fully involved Smile

Posted: Sep 23, 2013 at 5:21 Quote
Yo yo guys how often you guys up there building. Cheers. Sanger

Posted: Sep 23, 2013 at 10:27 Quote
Pretty much every Sunday mate. Sometimes on a Friday evening too.

Posted: Sep 23, 2013 at 14:48 Quote
Is that new landing at the bottom of the free ride line only going to be do able from the new kicker at the top, or part of the free ride line also? Looks like its going to be massive and straight off the corner.

Mod
Posted: Sep 23, 2013 at 17:21 Quote
IT's ALIVE!!!!!

How are the trails looking these days Haldon peeps? I still haven't made it down there, much to my shame. My buddy is dragging me out a bit more these days so we'll have to make a visit (with you permission and directions of course) Salute

Posted: Sep 24, 2013 at 23:38 Quote
Cafe is running very well at the moment. I haven't been up in a couple weeks due to racing. But got loads of tracks and jumps in Smile
Think that jump you were on about is what Nathan has been building, a big 30ft kicker off the side of the freeride line. There's a new jump on the freeride line right at the end too

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 5:14 Quote
how is the haldon riding/digging going? long time no see! kieron

Posted: Mar 28, 2015 at 5:39 Quote
Not ridden there for a good few months.

Lots of tree's down last time I was there.

Cafe Side has lots of new stuff though. Diggers putting in some serious shovel time.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010867
Mobile Version of Website