SkI Biking

• Previous Page
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 10:46 Quote
photo

Does anyone else besides me do this for real. Would be a shame if more dhrs didnt get out there during the winter.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 17:21 Quote
i;m going to weld my brackets for the skis tonight, mines gonna be more of a dj hardtail though, i wish i had the cash to do it to my fully...

i have to figure out if they will let me on the chairlifts at the resorts with it though... i will have to call and find out.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 21:20 Quote
im going to do that, im just not sure if i should do it on my bmx or gt moto. bmx seems more sensible, small, snow is soft and smooth so not as much a need for suspension

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 22:06 Quote
hmm, i want to take mine to a resort, and i know it'll have to be tethered to me but what about stopping? i guess you could pitch it sideways but that doesn't seem to great in a hairy situation and i think the ski patrol inspecting it might think the same thing. any ideas?

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 7:44 Quote
this is what i did.. WORKS GREAT! till someone stole the bike for the front fork.
I baught the brackets and pegs.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 7:52 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.rockyroaduk.com/images/ktrak1.jpg
for the front ski and the rear system its about $600. but doesn't come with the rocky mountain Frown . but their actually in production and you can order them online. and a few bike stores carry them. its called Ktrak if anyone is intrested.

another cool thing is ski resorts actually allow it because it has working brakes (only on the rear) and it also has 9 gears. also it provides 24X more grip than using a normal tire.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 9:52 Quote
ABOVE

thats just a little TOO OVER BOARD. Maybe if i was doing some sort of XC race.. If i am going to spend any more then 300$ on a setup. I am going North Legion and spending $2000 and get ONE DAM! sexy looking RIG!

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 9:56 Quote
anyone come up with how to have two skis and still some sort of way to brake? amybe a hand lever hooked to something idk

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 11:07 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
anyone come up with how to have two skis and still some sort of way to brake? amybe a hand lever hooked to something idk

You got feet.

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 11:09 Quote
nickwhite wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

You got feet.

i know and i would say thats enough but it don't think the ski resort will think the same thing

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 11:16 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

You got feet.

i know and i would say thats enough but it don't think the ski resort will think the same thing

Well youd have to be able to carve, like skiing or snowboarding. So stoping by the same way you would on skis or a snowboard?

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 11:29 Quote
yea but its easy to turn your body with a board tied to your feet, with a bike you would have to pitch a huge heavy piece of steel sideways with out being able to move your body as much as on a board. not nearly as practical, thats why you need your steering too, because you wouldnt be able to carve to turn like on a board

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 11:34 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
yea but its easy to turn your body with a board tied to your feet, with a bike you would have to pitch a huge heavy piece of steel sideways with out being able to move your body as much as on a board. not nearly as practical, thats why you need your steering too, because you wouldnt be able to carve to turn like on a board

So at a ski hill, youd just be bommin straight down the hill? I dont see that being allowed really anywhere.

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 11:37 Quote
heres my winter dh rig, works awesome.
photo
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1623655/

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 11:38 Quote
alright so i managed to come up with an idea that might actually work. if someone actually does try it out please message me or something with the results.

how to break on a snow bike

photo

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017708
Mobile Version of Website