New Zealand Riding/Riders/Rides, and General Discussion and etc

PB Forum :: Australia / New-Zealand
New Zealand Riding/Riders/Rides, and General Discussion and etc
Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 16:31 Quote
boardnz wrote:
tatoamello wrote:
I'm going to NZ for 6 months and would like to know if someone knows where are the best places to ride and the name of the trails...there is a site with all bikeparks and trails from NZ? downhill and freeride trails with a lot of jumps only.
I'll live in queenstown, so I want to know trails in other cityes.
cheerrs!

Hey Tatoamello, i'm currently building exactly what you're after, not too far away from launching now. I've got a temp site up now www.theperfectline.tv which has a fair few of my videos up or just checkout my channel on here.

Christchurch - Port hills
Methven - Mt Hutt
Nelson
Wellington
Rotorua to name a few are all good for what you're after

Hit me up if you wanna come ride some in Christchurch

thanks man! add me on facebook...I'm probably going to ride christchurch in december! http://www.facebook.com/tato.mello

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 17:42 Quote
Sweet as, will do, also I've got half a dozen Brazilian dudes I ride with most weekends..

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 17:42 Quote
Quick test of my new camera....

Views: 499    Faves: 4    Comments: 2

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 17:45 Quote
Looks good so far Big Grin How much was your camera?

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 18:35 Quote
$1200 for the body and 18-55 kit lens, + we have about $1500 worth of other lens left over from our Nikon D80.

shot details:

720p/60fps

18-55 VR Nikon Lens
Sigma 70-300mm
Sigma 55mm prime
Samyang Fish Eye 8mm

Full manual, mix of shutter speeds and ISO.

Sound is straight off camera - no external mic.

Edited in Premiere CS5.5, colours have been adjusted.

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 21:17 Quote
Anyone in NZ got a 20 inch bmx wheel they dont need and would like to sell, mines munted and i NEED a new one as i really wanna try new tricks that i dont wanna try on my mtbBig Grin
thanks

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 at 22:07 Quote
if your coming to rotorua to have a look ill be keen to show you some good downhill\jumps tracks/ (anyone thats coming here)

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 at 1:42 Quote
boardnz wrote:
$1200 for the body and 18-55 kit lens, + we have about $1500 worth of other lens left over from our Nikon D80.

shot details:

720p/60fps

18-55 VR Nikon Lens
Sigma 70-300mm
Sigma 55mm prime
Samyang Fish Eye 8mm

Full manual, mix of shutter speeds and ISO.

Sound is straight off camera - no external mic.

Edited in Premiere CS5.5, colours have been adjusted.
man ull be stoaked to be filming with that, crystal clear footage i look forward to more edits!

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 at 15:12 Quote
cameronumf wrote:
Anyone in NZ got a 20 inch bmx wheel they dont need and would like to sell, mines munted and i NEED a new one as i really wanna try new tricks that i dont wanna try on my mtbBig Grin
thanks

Facepalm how did you do that. And search trademe not many New Zealand pinkbike users sell stuff on here

Posted: Jun 19, 2012 at 20:31 Quote
Ompalompa wrote:
cameronumf wrote:
thanks

Facepalm how did you do that. And search trademe not many New Zealand pinkbike users sell stuff on here
keeped trying to tailwhip and bike was hitting ground hard as sideways

Posted: Jun 20, 2012 at 14:09 Quote
probably were tailwhiping completely wrong then, learn on a tramp bike or you will continue to taco your wheels

Posted: Jun 20, 2012 at 19:52 Quote
Hey is anyone doing runs up the port hills this weekend that has a spot available? Im keen to do runs, will flick you petrol $$. text me 027 648 7005 or reply on here. Cheers!

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 at 18:50 Quote
Hey guys,

Will be studying abroad Feb 2013 - June 2013 and need a little advice on where to go. My options for Unis are Ortago and Canterbury (unfortunately Queenstown is not an option). I'm looking for a mix of trails downhill and XC alike as I like the occasional hill climb especially if the reward is a long flowy downhill.

From browsing this regional forum it sounds like Christchurch has awesome shuttle access, but never really read anything about Ortago.

Looking to do a good bit of surfing as well.

So NZers what would you do? Ortago or Canterbury?

Thanks!!

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 at 23:15 Quote
a-prince wrote:
Hey guys,

Will be studying abroad Feb 2013 - June 2013 and need a little advice on where to go. My options for Unis are Ortago and Canterbury (unfortunately Queenstown is not an option). I'm looking for a mix of trails downhill and XC alike as I like the occasional hill climb especially if the reward is a long flowy downhill.

From browsing this regional forum it sounds like Christchurch has awesome shuttle access, but never really read anything about Ortago.

So NZers what would you do? Ortago or Canterbury?

Thanks!!

I think both are going to suit you pretty well then, the Dunedin boys will turn up and tell you what the shuttle action is like but Christchurch has some pretty good riding and surfing so I'm sure you'd be happy.

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 at 23:18 Quote
a-prince wrote:
Hey guys,

Will be studying abroad Feb 2013 - June 2013 and need a little advice on where to go. My options for Unis are Otago and Canterbury (unfortunately Queenstown is not an option). I'm looking for a mix of trails downhill and XC alike as I like the occasional hill climb especially if the reward is a long flowy downhill.

From browsing this regional forum it sounds like Christchurch has awesome shuttle access, but never really read anything about Otago.

So NZers what would you do? Otago or Canterbury?

Thanks!!

Dunedin has good shuttle access every Sunday from 10-2ish is a van a trailer and a $10 will get you a good days riding. There is also a good mix of XC trails and weekly XC group ride's.
Dunedin is 282km from Queenstown vs Christchurch 481km
Shit loads of Surfing as long as you don't mind the cold.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014737
Mobile Version of Website