New Zealand Riding/Riders/Rides, and General Discussion and etc

PB Forum :: Australia / New-Zealand
New Zealand Riding/Riders/Rides, and General Discussion and etc
Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 2:15 Quote
metaam wrote:
Anyway, if anyone fancies a ride let me know.

I'm on the unfit side of things at the mo but if you feel like a ride in Wellington hit me up!

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 10:40 Quote
mudcycles wrote:
metaam wrote:

I'm on the unfit side of things at the mo but if you feel like a ride in Wellington hit me up!

Cheers! Will let you know when I can be more exact with my dates.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
metaam wrote:
I'm touring around the South Island at the moment and it'd be good to hook up for some riding. My itinery is pretty relaxed but I think I'm likely to be in Alexandra in 3 days or so for a couple of days, then Queenstown for 6-7 days, then Wanaka, again for 6-7 days. Then up to Craigieburn, then back to Nelson/Motueka/Tarkaka, before crossing over to the North Island in 4-5 weeks time.
I'm pretty average by NZ standards, happy to hit most black trails in the UK, but I was in Nelson a couple of weeks ago and to be honest the black runs there had me shitting myself. Eek lol

I'm in Christchurch and ride the chairlift park often but doesn't sound like your passing by.. If you do flick me a message

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 23:38 Quote
Passed through last week unfortunately. I only thought to post on here yesterday. I did a day and a half at the bike park, good fun.

Thanks for your message.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 0:55 Quote
metaam wrote:
Passed through last week unfortunately. I only thought to post on here yesterday. I did a day and a half at the bike park, good fun.

Thanks for your message.

Glad you enjoyed, Queenstown is amazing. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 0:00 Quote
Guys I have kids between 7 and 12.they are on the smaller side of size.

They want to ride chair lifts in Cardrona.

Question : I don't want to buy them 3 full suspension bikes. Can they do cardrona on hardtails if I get them good brakes (shimano deore)?

I guess i should ride it myself and find out but thought I'd ask too.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 1:50 Quote
Totally do-able on a hardtail. Just take it easy & build up speed after a lap or 2 & they’ll be fine. I myself love Cardrona, awesome trails & virtually no chairlift queues (compared to Skyline in QTown).

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 2:57 Quote
Any trails that are completely mild? Ie fully rideable for a noob, no steep section, no gnarly features from start to finish? They are just little kids.

We ski at Cardrona every season, so I'm presuming the trails are the same eg Skyline for the hardtails?

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
The greens are all fairly mild, as are a few of the blues. One thing to remember though is it is Cardrona. Rocky & steep, so if you fall the wrong way there could be consequences (it’s possible, but you’d have to be pretty unlucky)

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
ok thanks, sounds like a job for the dad Smile to check it out Razz

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 20:36 Quote
If I could afford a lift pass I’d be SO keen to join you & help with your ‘research’.
I love it up there...

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 15:56 Quote
Rode Cardrona yesterday, as Skootur says, there's a few places where you wouldn't want to go over the edge, seems to be a pretty common feature of NZ riding (from what I've seen so far on the South Island anyway). Really enjoyed the riding there though. Queenstown was good, shame you need to take out a mortgage for a night on a campsite!

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
hi guys i have an idea thst's free. i'm taking the kids downhill riding at my local trail 15 mins from the house. 6km gentle grade 0-1 downhill - all i needed was a driver to take us up and wait at the bottom. she's a cool chick which happens to share our last name. she doesn't know it yet.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 23:01 Quote
Just do the Signal shuttles. They’re cheap as...

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 23:23 Quote
Skootur wrote:
Just do the Signal shuttles. They’re cheap as...

true. 10 bucks for the 4 of us

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005721
Mobile Version of Website