E Thirteen Downhill Crank

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
E Thirteen Downhill Crank
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 at 14:18 Quote
Does anyone know anything about the E Thirteen Downhill crank? cant seem to find much about it. Looks pretty legit and light-


http://www.e13components.com/product_dh.html

Edit- Found this too, looks sweet

http://www.mbaction.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=9C9B062516AC43A8BE9DC7CD0016BA4F

Posted: Sep 17, 2010 at 9:20 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the E Thirteen Downhill crank? cant seem to find much about it. Looks pretty legit and light-


http://www.e13components.com/product_dh.html

Edit- Found this too, looks sweet

http://www.mbaction.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=9C9B062516AC43A8BE9DC7CD0016BA4F

We will have our new DH cranks at Interbike next week. They should be shipping aftermarket shortly, and come with BB and installation tools.

Cheers,
philip @ theHive/e*thirteen

Posted: Sep 17, 2010 at 12:17 Quote
philw86 wrote:
We will have our new DH cranks at Interbike next week. They should be shipping aftermarket shortly, and come with BB and installation tools.

Cheers,
philip @ theHive/e*thirteen

any idea on pricing?

Posted: Sep 17, 2010 at 21:21 Quote
sidermang wrote:
philw86 wrote:
We will have our new DH cranks at Interbike next week. They should be shipping aftermarket shortly, and come with BB and installation tools.

Cheers,
philip @ theHive/e*thirteen

any idea on pricing?

yes...pricing??? I've been eyein those cranks for a bit

Posted: Sep 18, 2010 at 1:16 Quote
nwguerilla425 wrote:
sidermang wrote:
philw86 wrote:
We will have our new DH cranks at Interbike next week. They should be shipping aftermarket shortly, and come with BB and installation tools.

Cheers,
philip @ theHive/e*thirteen

any idea on pricing?

yes...pricing??? I've been eyein those cranks for a bit

for the dh crank its about $450 Canadian out of the distributer catalog

Posted: Sep 18, 2010 at 16:41 Quote
This is going to sound dumb but I would be more interested if they came in colors. I take my cranks on and off a lot running different frames/guides/rings so having cranks that can be taken on and off a lot would be great.

Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 16:50 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
This is going to sound dumb but I would be a lot more interested if they came in colors. I take my cranks on and off a lot running different frames/guides/rings so having cranks that can be taken on and off a lot would be great.

Our cranks use a special polygon interface that is not press fit, and will not creak with repeated installation. They are probably the simplest crankset to install that I've come across, followed by Shimano/Sram/FSA...etc.

The theory paper is here:

http://perigeum.com/bythehive/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/the_hive-fifteeng-cranks-white-paper.pdf

And the production cranks will be at our Interbike booth later this week.

Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 17:38 Quote
I want them... Make them in colors

Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 18:42 Quote
I think those are the sexiest cranks I've ever seen. at $450 that's about roughly what they will be for me as well, I'm definitely gonna not put them on my current bike and wait till I get a bike worthy of Zeus's crank.

NVM I just did a quick google on em and saw they should msrp for $350 that's way better. I might actually get them. *drool*

Posted: Sep 28, 2010 at 14:12 Quote
nwguerilla425 wrote:
I think those are the sexiest cranks I've ever seen. at $450 that's about roughly what they will be for me as well, I'm definitely gonna not put them on my current bike and wait till I get a bike worthy of Zeus's crank.

NVM I just did a quick google on em and saw they should msrp for $350 that's way better. I might actually get them. *drool*

Hey guys,
Apparently I've been out of the loop on pricing. MSRP is $299 USD, and we just got the first few in at our California office...most distributors should be stocked up in the next 2-3 weeks tops.

Cheers,
philip @ theHive/e*thirteen

Posted: May 6, 2011 at 0:06 Quote
About to pull the trigger on a set of these I think. Between these and some Profiles, idk.

Posted: May 6, 2011 at 0:26 Quote
Please tell me you're not being serious....


The colors comment was just too much, it really was.

Posted: May 6, 2011 at 0:27 Quote
iggys wrote:
Please tell me you're not being serious....


The colors comment was just too much, it really was.

I am being serious. I am going to probably buy a set. And it would be cool if they came in colors.


What is your issue this time? Im not allowed to want a set? I cant want color? Is it because its not what you would do, therefore no one else should want it or get it either?

Posted: May 6, 2011 at 10:34 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
And it would be cool if they came in colors.

As this is the first season the DH cranks have really been out, we're just going to get them off the ground. Color options might be a possibility in the future, but not this season.

Cheers,
philip

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 10:57 Quote
philw86 wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
And it would be cool if they came in colors.

As this is the first season the DH cranks have really been out, we're just going to get them off the ground. Color options might be a possibility in the future, but not this season.

Cheers,
philip
PINK!! To match that dudes panties^^^^^^^

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019929
Mobile Version of Website