Help! i need dirt.

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Help! i need dirt.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 18, 2010 at 13:49 Quote
me and a few mates are currently building and its going well BUT we have run out of mud and i'm willing to buy some, but i dont know where to look and what to look for. so please help ?

Posted: Sep 18, 2010 at 13:59 Quote
dig up your garden?

Posted: Sep 18, 2010 at 18:05 Quote
go on craigslist and look for free dirt

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 8:00 Quote
Agreed with BBLUT. Go on Craigslist, you'd be surprised as to how many people are giving away dirt...usually because they had to dig out their yard for a pool or something or a deck, you get the point. Check 'er out!

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 8:14 Quote
There is no craigslist for the UK Guys.

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 8:20 Quote
Charge262 wrote:

Oh....well then...lol

There's no classifieds site, like at all?

Posted: Sep 19, 2010 at 8:24 Quote
Could try Gumtree.

Posted: Sep 25, 2010 at 23:24 Quote
Charge262 wrote:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites scroll down a little over halfway and theres a uk section

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 10:04 Quote
you could call a pool excavating company or something along those lines, they usually have a ton of dirt to give away. Where are you buiding you jumps? dont be afraid to wheelbarrol

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 10:22 Quote
Zako wrote:
you could call a pool excavating company or something along those lines, they usually have a ton of dirt to give away. Where are you buiding you jumps? dont be afraid to wheelbarrol
There aint that many pool excavating companies around the Uk i can assure you. I presume ur building DJ so try and make the bottom of the Jump below ground level and use the dirt from this to make your lips. Like this pic
photo

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 at 14:01 Quote
^^^doing this will probably result in a pool, maybe not but just sayin

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 at 14:21 Quote
Yeah Ive hit the water table more than a few times, Even in the height of summer Blank Stare

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 at 14:25 Quote
and don't do it just because u think it will be easier; you will just have to waste more time and dirt filling in a muck hole, not fun.

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 at 15:01 Quote
you could ask your local council.. we did and this is what me and a couple of friends made last year tup tup
photo
photo
photo

the one condition was that we had to provide for younger riders as well. we are in the process of making two more bigger lines of 4 doubles

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024148
Mobile Version of Website