Help! i need dirt.

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Help! i need dirt.
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 12, 2011 at 15:02 Quote
you could ask your local council.. we did and this is what me and a couple of friends made last year tup tup
photo
photo
photo

the one condition was that we had to provide for younger riders as well. we are in the process of making two more bigger lines of 4 doubles

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 at 15:10 Quote
they also bring all of the soil we need and shape it into rough mounds..we just need to rake and compact them... the one thing we are not allowed to do is dig any holes between the ramps as they are a hazard (people "might" fall into them)..
Also these jumps are the first we have ever made so any comments on how to make them better next time are more than welcomeSmile Big Grin 2 cents 2 cents

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 at 15:12 Quote
they look awesome, only tip for making them bigger is just keep piling dirt on and build them up

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 at 12:11 Quote
i just got 5 tonnes of dirt from my local construction company

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 at 13:16 Quote
thats a pretty good idea.
holy crap i just remembered that 2 of my uncles have backhoes and 1 has has an excavator lol

Posted: Jan 14, 2011 at 4:45 Quote
not exspensive either

Posted: Nov 12, 2011 at 13:34 Quote
just dig out the middle of the jump/ behind the take off. or find a sweet spot get a wheel barrow and move it and mold it, i found it much easier! Big Grin Army Dead Horse

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027922
Mobile Version of Website