Shock upgrade option for 2010 Specialized Enduro

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Shock upgrade option for 2010 Specialized Enduro
Previous Page |
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 at 9:17 Quote
Hey folks... I thought I'd share good news. Big Grin

I called specialized and I was told that they will soon (approx 3 months) be releasing an upgrade kit similar to what's found on the Enduro EVO. Fox DHX RC2

Due to the custom shock (8.5" x 2.125")currently on Enduro, we didn't have any options... until now.

Frankly, the Float RP2 on the Comp sucks for DH duty... crashed a few times. It just doesn't feel my rear tracking when the going gets rough.

Posted: Sep 29, 2010 at 11:37 Quote
every customer I sold a 2010 Enduro to here in the UK sent their Fox air shock to TF Tuning for PUSH upgrading

in every instance, it transformed the bike into something very capable, with proper wheel traction and control

Posted: Sep 29, 2010 at 16:52 Quote
I've been seriously considering a push service. But I'm just a bit skeptical. I'm sure there is a big difference based on user reviews.

I tend to ride my bike 80% for bike park and 20% local trails.
So if you had a choice:

1 - rp2/push. Which is air, rebound control, and no boost valve.

2- dhx rc2. Coil, rebound and compression control. With also the option for push service down the road.

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 at 2:14 Quote
I just got Elka stage 5 to replace my 2011 RP23 on my Orange Alpine.

In short, it rocks now.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 13:10 Quote
Does anyone have any idea on what the pricing will be?

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 5:12 Quote
Push can turn that Rp2 into a whole new beast changing the spring rate/compression (improved bottom resistance etc) however, for 80% park? Nothing beats a coil providing you have the proper spring for your weight. Also with the RC2 it would be highly h unlikely that you'd require push service since you have the compression adjust. (compression in Rp2 set at factory) Another option would be the DHX air, which has all the benefits of the coil (minus a little plushness) and would be more suitable for trail riding (platform)

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 at 12:00 Quote
hi
i've fitted my enduro with the fox dhx rc2 Coil..
awesome shock

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 6:07 Quote
A DHX air can be tuned by the rider for variable terrain/riding conditions, Once the RP2 is set , all you can adjust is the rebound+ propedal on/off

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 8:39 Quote
Mathewh46 wrote:
hi
i've fitted my enduro with the fox dhx rc2 Coil..
awesome shock

What stroke and length? I can't seam to find ANY coil or air shocks that are 8.5" x 2.125"
I see that Curtis Keene is using what appears to be a Monarch Plus on his Enduro: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/9-36-cassette-prototype-2011.html , But I don't see this shock in the odd size for the Enduro.

Where did you find this RC2?

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 13:54 Quote
I have been waiting for the linkage since the evo pics were posted. I have been calling our rep every week... he now stops answering... but I'm assured I'll get it asap, haha.

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 20:19 Quote
Ya that may be true... I also ride an 2010 Enduro Expert. That is correct until now. An RP2 though to get overhauled by PUSH can cost about 150 bucks or more. It will never feel like a genuine coil. You can NEVER get a progressive air shock to feel like a truly linear coil. I think if you have an RP2 that has been overhauled still get the DHX Evo Kit when it comes out. An air just never cuts it for DH... In my humble opinion.

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 20:23 Quote
By the way. Did the Evo kit come out in europe already?? I talk to one of my friends that moved over and said they he thought he heard about it but i'm not sure. :/

Posted: Jun 24, 2011 at 7:31 Quote
hmm I am interested in this evo kit - any word on price?

also anyone else have issues with creaky frames due to headset - mine will creak and then I will clean and grease my headset and then like 2 rides later it creaks again

Posted: Jun 24, 2011 at 8:09 Quote
My headset creaks as well. I haven't taken it apart to investigate but I have dropped the fork an inch to inject some grease in there and it didn't seam to help. I'm running a 1 1/8" lyrik, I just assumed it was because of the 1 1/2 to 1 1/8 adapter... I hope its not the bearing seat in the carbon that creaking.

I would LOVE to get my hands on an EVO kit! I'm thinking that I may have a machinist friend make some adapting parts for me... I'll need to do some design and analysis.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013610
Mobile Version of Website