Shock upgrade option for 2010 Specialized Enduro

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Shock upgrade option for 2010 Specialized Enduro
Posted: Jun 25, 2011 at 2:43 Quote
if u have the cash what about the Cane Creek Double Barrel or get the rp2 push tuned it does work it changed my 2010 rp23

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 at 21:06 Quote
hi everyone i happy to tell you guys that i was able to fit my 2010 enduro comp with a fox van r coil shock with the help of an dremel,and shock spacer and the right shock spring rate and turn out to be an amazing upgrade over the air shock and no bottom out to hit the frame i test it on jumps and drops over 6' and its amazing

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 at 21:07 Quote
pictures to be upload later

Posted: Jul 10, 2011 at 21:15 Quote
you can see the pictures on my profile

Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 12:31 Quote
sxdowntrail,
What exactly did you use the dremel on? I have a carbon enduro and I have NO interest in touching the frame with a dremel, but I'd probably shave a little off the shock.

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 19:01 Quote
Yeah i use the dremel on the shock for the taps of the rear triangle i will upload picture of the shock portion where you have to dremel. But no modifications on the frame at all other thing is you have to find the right spring rate for your weight and then fine the spacers to prevent the shock to bottom out and hit your frame. Wasn't and easy process was days worth of time and beers to figure everything to work right I was tire of wating for specialized to release the kit to bolt on. Note do this at your own risk I would not take any responsibility for any damages to you or your frame

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 19:52 Quote
Thanks for the info. Also, what eye to eye length and stroke shock did you use?

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 at 20:45 Quote
eye to eye 8.5 stroke 2.5 to spacers to bring it down to 2.2 wich is close to the specialized size but if you let your air out you will see that you have a good inch before you hit the frame, by using this shock length you will gain 1" of travel so by the end you have an evo with 7 inch travel. again do this a your own risk please.

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 at 11:55 Quote
Did it affect your bottom bracket height or head angle?

Edit:
Nevermind. I see that the eye to eye is the same. However, if you increase your stroke from 2.125 to 2.2 (3.5%) you would only increase your travel by the same percentage: 1.035 X 6.3in (or 160mm) = 6.5in (or 166mm), you would need to run a stroke of 2.36in to get a 7" travel Enduro, thus your spacer would only be .14in (or aprox. 3.5mm) in stead of the .3in ( 7.6mm) spacer you specified.

IMO, I would not run it at 7" because the bottom bracket would be an inch lower when bottomed out. I think that a 6.5" travel Enduro would be a good balance, IMHO.

Thoughts?

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 at 16:34 Quote
I honestly don't know much about percentage.and doing this on my bike was more to have the greatness of a coil shock vs air but is great to know your number this would help others to get it to work better

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 at 9:33 Quote
I just ordered the evo kit yesterday. I'm a big guy and the rp2 just can't handle a rough trail. I had the air pressure maxed out and I was still using all of the travel. I also called Fox to see if I could buy directly from them and was told that Specialized was the only place to buy the shock.

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 at 9:51 Quote
stormrider194 wrote:
I just ordered the evo kit yesterday. I'm a big guy and the rp2 just can't handle a rough trail. I had the air pressure maxed out and I was still using all of the travel. I also called Fox to see if I could buy directly from them and was told that Specialized was the only place to buy the shock.

how much did that set you back ? also did you order it through your lbs?

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 at 9:53 Quote
$525 and I ordered it through my lbs.

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 at 11:03 Quote
thanks for the info - I might do it this winter

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 at 7:23 Quote
I can't seem to find the said EVO kit. Where did you buy it from?

Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026689
Mobile Version of Website