Building a BMX frame

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Building a BMX frame
Previous Page |
Posted: Oct 7, 2010 at 21:51 Quote
I am building a bmx frame and i dont know how to make a bottom bracket tube or the headtube. What would be the inside diameter of the headtube or bottom bracket. this is all going to be done on a metal lathe. any help is greatly appreciated

Posted: Oct 7, 2010 at 22:29 Quote
It'd probably be a lot easier to just buy a BB and HT from a frame manufacturer like FBM or something.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 1:22 Quote
StevoFS wrote:
It'd probably be a lot easier to just buy a BB and HT from a frame manufacturer like FBM or something.
or cut up an old frame and get them. tup

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 8:57 Quote
are all bmx frames the exact same. i might just buy from FBM or take apart an old one

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 9:01 Quote
What type of BB would be best

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 13:07 Quote
Nyson098 wrote:
What type of BB would be best
mid

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 13:25 Quote
Nyson098 wrote:
I am building a bmx frame and i dont know how to make a bottom bracket tube or the headtube. What would be the inside diameter of the headtube or bottom bracket. this is all going to be done on a metal lathe. any help is greatly appreciated

If you can use a metal lathe then you should know how to use a caliper to find out those numbers.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 13:53 Quote
i can almost guarantee this wont happen. or it will, and have the wosrt geo ever because geometry wasnt considered.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 14:03 Quote
coca-ine wrote:
i can almost guarantee this wont happen. or it will, and have the wosrt geo ever because geometry wasnt considered.
it will probabaly be better then any frame you can make

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 14:04 Quote
im not going to make a frame.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 14:15 Quote
coca-ine wrote:
im not going to make a frame.
yeah it would probably be made of cardboard or cocaine

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 14:31 Quote
yeah too bad you couldnt make one they probably dont teach welding in elementary school.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 14:47 Quote
ok so a mid bb i have emailed fbm and hopefully see if they can get them for me then i can get all this thing built take a picture of progress and show it to you guys and cocaine i guarantee i am building this bike everthing it pretty much drawn up

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 19:24 Quote
coca-ine wrote:
yeah too bad you couldnt make one they probably dont teach welding in elementary school.
im pretty sure they teach it in high school...you should stop doing drugs and check that place out for once

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 at 13:14 Quote
austin2112 wrote:
coca-ine wrote:
im pretty sure they teach it in high school...you should stop doing drugs and check that place out for once
they for sure teach welding from grade9+ you (coca-ine) are a bag of retard

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012803
Mobile Version of Website