Chain device for press fit bottom bracket - who makes one?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Chain device for press fit bottom bracket - who makes one?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 at 23:02 Quote
So I have a 2011 Trance X1 that has a press fit bottom bracket. I want to switch to a single ring up front which means I need a chain device.

Basically I want a seat tube mounted E13 XCX. The closest I've found so far the RooX Chain Dog, but it is not quite what I am after.

Does anyone know who else makes one?

FL
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 at 23:16 Quote
You could fit the top half of a dmr chain cage. They're pretty heavy, noisey and ugly though. I'm not aware of anyone who makes a lower roller for press fit bb but it shouldn't be a problem, I fitted an e13 xcx guide (bb mount) to a blur lt in the shop and he's not had any problems with it

Posted: Oct 10, 2010 at 23:44 Quote
dietercarroll wrote:
You could fit the top half of a dmr chain cage. They're pretty heavy, noisey and ugly though. I'm not aware of anyone who makes a lower roller for press fit bb but it shouldn't be a problem, I fitted an e13 xcx guide (bb mount) to a blur lt in the shop and he's not had any problems with it

Ah, I forgot DMR. Yeah, that Chain Cage is sort of what I want, but a little more elegant. I think I'd take the Chain Dog over it.

Keep 'em coming please.

FL
Posted: Oct 11, 2010 at 0:33 Quote
http://www.singletrackworld.com/2010/09/hives-new-chain-device-1x10-is-the-future/

Posted: Oct 11, 2010 at 18:41 Quote
Yep - that's what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Man, I looked on the E13/Hive site and there was nothing - why would they split Hive and E13 chain devices?

I had heard about the MRP prototype, but the different mounting options on the Hive make it the winner.

Now I just need to figure out which mount is perfect for my Trance.

Many thanks!

Posted: Oct 12, 2010 at 6:58 Quote
iamamodel wrote:
Man, I looked on the E13/Hive site and there was nothing - why would they split Hive and E13 chain devices?

e*thirteen will simply house all the MTB related components under the Hive umbrella. Chain Retention Systems (CRS), cranksets, etc. We've got Revl for road components, and CHUB should cover all the wheelgoods.

ETA on the XCX.ST is still Nov 1st...seat tube clamp sizes should be - 28.6mm/31.8mm/34.9mm

Cheers,
philip @ theHive/e*thirteen

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009093
Mobile Version of Website