first attempt at a self portrait

PB Forum :: NBR Photos
first attempt at a self portrait
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 12:57 Quote
photo
https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2194/2076324933_bd97bc6549.jpg

kinda sucks, but i'd love some c&c. i was testing the headphones/amp combo and decided it might be a cool pic heh.

any tips for setting yourself up? i used a prop to get focus but didn't really think about the shallow dof so i could've had a little more in focus.

Posted: Dec 3, 2007 at 20:10 Quote
looood but hers a few things i would change.
you have a few hotspots that could be taken out on the coach, easy fix.
also if you took out the pillow on your right i think your focus would be more on the subject and you would have less distractions.

awsome colors, composition could use a tiny bit of work I.E. pillow

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 19:23 Quote
The photo is good, but just boring! Do something fun, or atleast sit on your bike Wink

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 20:11 Quote
coca wrote:
The photo is good, but just boring! Do something fun, or atleast sit on your bike Wink

I don't think its boring at all. This photo makes me think. What is he listening to? What's so enthrawling(sp) ? I think the amp to the left is really cool too.

The only crit I have is to eliminate some of the distractions. The pillow, the curtain, and maybe crop the windows out. Without those, the picture would have a much "cleaner" feel to it. I don't know if you used a tripod or not, but it appears to be tilted, look at the windows.

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 23:04 Quote
Ya, I guess everything appears different to others, but to me it is just some guy listening to music. He looks sad Frown . But other than that, it doesn't really interest me.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 10:46 Quote
thanks for the c&c. there's no hot spots in the couch; that shade doesn't approach white Smile

there's also no flash used, it's just shiny leather.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 14:28 Quote
Not sure if this is just me but I think different levels would have spiced it up a bit... ie the pillow, the main section of yourbody, and the cd player were basically at the same level with not many contrasting things on different levels...

Still looks great though

[edit] Nevermind Im on crack or something [/edit]

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 17:42 Quote
Should have made two fists to show your new tats! That wouldn't have looked that good in that type of picture though lol.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 11:44 Quote
This photo is really interesting! I don't find it boring at all and it has a pretty good atmosphere to it.

I would eliminate the window if I were you and shift everything over a tiny bit to get the whole table that the amp is on into the shot.

I am not sure if the pillow adds something to the shot or not. Perhaps losing it would be good, but I get the feeling it is a good part of the picture. I would try shots with and without it if I were you.

Quite nice for a first self-portrait!

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 13:01 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
Do I see grado's?

you do! sr80 hooked up to a cayin mt-35 amp, which has a cayin cdt-15a deck (tube preamp straight from the dac baby!) playing tunes. unreal combo! i wanna get some sr125 for at home now Smile

thanks for the comments. i would've removed the pillow had i thought about it. it's kinda distracting. i honestly couldn't come up with a crop i liked due to the angle i shot; but i ran into a space constraint problem. the lens i wanted to use was a little too long for the room i was in so i had to shoot from a corner.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 12:46 Quote
coca wrote:
Ya, I guess everything appears different to others, but to me it is just some guy listening to music. He looks sad Frown . But other than that, it doesn't really interest me.
Nah.He isn't sad,just trying to not look at the camera...ever been photographed?You feel uncomfortable unless you are focused on something else.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 12:56 Quote
androoooo wrote:
coca wrote:
Nah.He isn't sad,just trying to not look at the camera...ever been photographed?You feel uncomfortable unless you are focused on something else.
But he took the pic, why would he be uncomfortable? haha. I'm just saying, it my opinion, thanks for trying to change it though.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 13:16 Quote
coca wrote:
androoooo wrote:
coca wrote:
But he took the pic, why would he be uncomfortable? haha. I'm just saying, it my opinion, thanks for trying to change it though.
So you like being looked at then?Show off!Ha!Then again,if you use a networking site perhaps we are all guilty of wanting to be looked at?

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 13:18 Quote
androoooo wrote:
coca wrote:
androoooo wrote:
So you like being looked at then?Show off!Ha!Then again,if you use a networking site perhaps we are all guilty of wanting to be looked at?
Are you high? What on Earth are you talking about?Confused

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014925
Mobile Version of Website