When is Life Cycles actually being released?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
When is Life Cycles actually being released?
Posted: Dec 16, 2010 at 12:12 Quote
I emailed the PB shop last week and got a reply that the Blu-Rays were due in store this week, and were due to be shipped

I expect to get my Blu-Ray probably in the New Year as the postal system gets jacked up over Christmas especially with heavy snow falling in the UK at the moment!

I actually finally got to watch Life Cycles last night, courtesy of my buddy who downloaded it from I-Tunes and let me use his account

its actually the best bike-related movie I've ever seen!!

but its not a "bike movie"

its a lifestyle movie with bikes in?

it feels like watching a proper movie-film with super high production quality, and a proper narrative driven by the voice-over with the theme of atrophy (decay)

the riding action fits really well into the story, the mix of slow-mo and full speed action works great, and the cinematography is simply stunning

I'd highly recommend this film to anyone who loves bikes

but I feel its going to be more appreciated by photographers, videographers or perhaps older riders than by riders looking for something similar to NWD and Kranked?

its a real shame the whole situation with the pre-orders and shipping has been FUBAR'D beyond recognition as its actually a beautifully made film and did not deserve all these problems in simply getting it to the paying customer = hopefully lessons can be learned from this debacle

I cannot wait for my HD Blu-Ray so I can watch it on my HD setup rather than on my PC

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 at 15:26 Quote
life cycles is in the UK store
im so exited waiting for mine to download

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 at 16:19 Quote
I would like to thank Pinkbike for returning my money in a timely manner after I requested to cancel my pre-order that I paid for with PayPal months ago. It is important to note that this delay is not the fault of Pinkbike but lies with the video reproduction company primarily, but also in some small part with the filmmakers who for some reason were unable or unwilling to demand services rendered by VAS to be completed in a timely manner. They should also have never announced pre-orders so far in advance of having a product ready for distribution.

I hope they get those people who ordered the Blu-Ray their movies in a reasonable amount of time, but the iTunes version is remarkably good quality and might eat into actual disc sales now.

Posted: Dec 25, 2010 at 8:06 Quote
PIRATE4LIFE wrote:
WHERE IS MY BLUERAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunno!

My Blueray arrived on the 24th of December and saved my christmas.

Quality of the bluray video is amazing, full HD, crispy as hell. I appreciate the video, it's completely different from all the other "bike" videos, as I expected it.

But like I said before, I ordered and paid for it in August! But the more I watch the video, I tend to forget about the waiting.

Posted: Dec 25, 2010 at 11:39 Quote
no Blu-Rays received here in the UK yet (I've asked around...) but its probably the fault of the mail system as it gets clogged up at Christmas with gifts and on-line orders, so not the fault of PB or Lifecycles

hopefully will get my copy in New Year 2011 Smile

Posted: Dec 26, 2010 at 7:55 Quote
Bought it on itunes. First movie I've ever bought on Itunes. Big mistake. The only way to play it on my TV is to buy an Apple TV or a Macbook. I didn't realize how hardcore itunes drm copy protection is. I hate Apple. But it was only $10...The movie is amazing. Watching it on a computer screen is such a tease though.

Posted: Dec 26, 2010 at 8:22 Quote
tetonlarry wrote:
Bought it on itunes. First movie I've ever bought on Itunes. Big mistake. The only way to play it on my TV is to buy an Apple TV or a Macbook. I didn't realize how hardcore itunes drm copy protection is. I hate Apple. But it was only $10...The movie is amazing. Watching it on a computer screen is such a tease though.

Spent three days downloading the Atherton project on my slow-ass computer and £1.50 on DVD's to find that Apple stuff doesn't play on TVs.

Posted: Dec 26, 2010 at 9:55 Quote
Apple = a*sholes with lots of fanboys who will pay out their ass for anything with an apple logo on it IMO

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 0:52 Quote
There are numerous programs that can losslessly strip Apple DRM from iTunes movies...just sayin'

Posted: Dec 31, 2010 at 6:05 Quote
Its not hard at all to put itunes fliks up on the screen. Just get an external monitor port for the tv. Hook up your laptop or even desktop depending on the distance. Its the same as a projector. Whatever is seen on your computer screen gets put up on the tv.

I've done it, no problem. Retains the HD your downloaded it in......well depends on how good your graphics card is.

EDIT: Not external monitor port, silly me, that should already be on your computer. Just get the wires which connect your computer to the tele.

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 8:47 Quote
finally my Blu-Ray copy arrived today here in England, UK

gonna have fun watching it tonight Smile

Posted: Jan 10, 2011 at 6:52 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
finally my Blu-Ray copy arrived today here in England, UK

gonna have fun watching it tonight Smile

Nice ^ Im still waiting FFS

Posted: Jan 10, 2011 at 11:38 Quote
Nice ^ Im still waiting FFS

dude I paid for my copy on 31st August 2010 so I waited "a little while"...and was glad when it finally arrived

when did you order your copy?

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 at 9:27 Quote
If you're familiar with the game of SR I suggest you try it to Life Cycles. So hilarious, if you're into crude perverse humor.

Posted: Jan 13, 2011 at 15:04 Quote
What is going on with pinkbike?

I got an email that my order was shipped on december 16th and that's it.
No Package, no more answers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.040748
Mobile Version of Website