Post your Transition TR450 OR TR500

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Post your Transition TR450 OR TR500
Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 4:14 Quote
Looks nice but i'w heard tr works better with the coil shock.

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 4:33 Quote
andrewshulik wrote:
Looks nice but i'w heard tr works better with the coil shock.

I heard the opposite? I prefer coil anyway just sold the coil I had on ot because I hated it. looking at getting a CCDB at some point.

Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 9:23 Quote
transition tr 500

transition tr 500

transition tr 500

My TR500 weighed at 36.5lbs, only thing I want to change is the shock to a bos stoy but not sure how this will effect the weight or the ride as its built around the shock it came with, any thoughts welcome

Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 10:12 Quote
Woah, thing looks sick! Does that rear brake hose not fit though the frame?

Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 10:16 Quote
thanks man, yeah it does its been put through since I took these pictures I was toying with changing the brakes to start with and getting some chris king hubs but couldn't justify the money!

Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 10:23 Quote
Oh gotcha. And I don't blame you for not buying the Chris Kingslol How do you like that Hope top crown/stem? Find it any stiffer?

Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 10:56 Quote
yeah its a lot stiffer than pretty much every set up I have ever had , the whole bike feels solid. first set of fox 40s I have ever owned as well which helps

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 9:57 Quote
I just got my first DH bike, a TR450 medium, 2013. Super pumped but as it old it's a little hard to find info so ....

Is there anything to watch out for / keep an eye on for this model?

Any good resources for spring calculators / leverage rates?

Appoloies if this is the wrong thread for this sort of thing, was not sure where the best place to ask this frame specific stuff

thanks
tim

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 13:44 Quote
JungleT wrote:
I just got my first DH bike, a TR450 medium, 2013. Super pumped but as it old it's a little hard to find info so ....

Is there anything to watch out for / keep an eye on for this model?

Any good resources for spring calculators / leverage rates?

Appoloies if this is the wrong thread for this sort of thing, was not sure where the best place to ask this frame specific stuff

thanks
tim

Congratz, good choice! I have a TR450 -12. It can be a little bit difficult to get the back end pivot / swing totally clean so you need to put it all out after some dirty days of riding.

For the spring rate I would go a tiny bit higher than this standard calculator shows: https://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator. I weight about 70kg with gear on and use a 320lbs spring.

Btw, to replace the spring you need to first remove the top shock pivot , compress the shock, and then the lower bolt will come into reach to remove it.

Also,The TR450 comes with 2 sets of alloy chips which allows for 3 geometry settings. These chips can adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height.

Have fun!! Smile

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 2:46 Quote
Heres my custom Transition TR500 still needs a few bits but getting there.

photo

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 3:29 Quote
I'm running an XL frame and a 45mm stem with my 6" and it fits perfectly.

That one's for 2018:
photo

This was 2017:
photo

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 1:17 Quote
Hi,

Thinking about going with an air shock on my TR500 this season to save some weight, get a little more progression and easier setting up.

Was just about to order Vivid Air, but apparently they come as a low tune and a mid tune (only mid available where i'm looking at the moment...).

Which one do those of you riding Vived Air go with?

Thx

/Frederik

Posted: Apr 11, 2018 at 6:52 Quote
Frederiknc wrote:
Hi,

Thinking about going with an air shock on my TR500 this season to save some weight, get a little more progression and easier setting up.

Was just about to order Vivid Air, but apparently they come as a low tune and a mid tune (only mid available where i'm looking at the moment...).

Thx

/Frederik

I would go with the medium tune, as the stock Vivid in 2015 was also medium tune.

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 8:09 Quote
tomturbo07 wrote:
Frederiknc wrote:
Hi,

Thx

/Frederik

I would go with the medium tune, as the stock Vivid in 2015 was also medium tune.

Thanks. Ended up writes transition a mail, and they also recommend a mid tune, so i have ordered one now and stoked to try it out Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018087
Mobile Version of Website