Post your Transition TR450 OR TR500

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Post your Transition TR450 OR TR500
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 at 18:27 Quote
Keep us posted on how the vivid air rides, I was thinking of trying one on my 500

Posted: May 8, 2018 at 5:47 Quote
Finally got my Vivid Air and an opportunity to ride the bike.

Didn't have any DH stuff to ride, only jumps, but i liked it a lot for jumping...

Also changed Zee crank to Raceface SIXC and DHF DH 2.5" casing to EXO so bike totally got around 1-1.5kg lighter and that i really liked!

Posted: Aug 5, 2018 at 18:23 Quote
Hi guys, greeting from Indonesia. I currently ride 2015 Giant Glory (650B). 2 days ago, I saw a second hand 2014 Transition TR500 (orange color) and it looks almost like brand new (just a thin scratches on the down tube and you can only spot them in direct sun light). The price tag is pretty good too (under roughly 1000-1100 US$). Should I get it? Is there any substantial difference between 2014 model to newer ones (apart from the color)? sorry I ask too many question

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 8:57 Quote
weekendshredder wrote:
Hi guys, greeting from Indonesia. I currently ride 2015 Giant Glory (650B). 2 days ago, I saw a second hand 2014 Transition TR500 (orange color) and it looks almost like brand new (just a thin scratches on the down tube and you can only spot them in direct sun light). The price tag is pretty good too (under roughly 1000-1100 US$). Should I get it? Is there any substantial difference between 2014 model to newer ones (apart from the color)? sorry I ask too many question

99% sure geometry is the same, they just changed the colors.

I'm super happy about my TR500. Love how it riders and the simple look of the frame. However be aware that the reach is pretty short on them compared to many other bikes (especially compared to newer bikes - don't know have the giants are). I'm 185 ish and like smaller bikes as i mostly do freeride. I ride a large and i'm super happy about that.

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 9:45 Quote
Frederiknc wrote:
weekendshredder wrote:

I'm super happy about my TR500. Love how it riders and the simple look of the frame. However be aware that the reach is pretty short on them compared to many other bikes (especially compared to newer bikes - don't know have the giants are). I'm 185 ish and like smaller bikes as i mostly do freeride. I ride a large and i'm super happy about that.

Yep. The geo is the same between all the years, just different colors. They do run on the shorter side.

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 19:39 Quote
derekguy123 wrote:
Frederiknc wrote:
weekendshredder wrote:

Yep. The geo is the same between all the years, just different colors. They do run on the shorter side.

wow thank you for the responses guys. Definitely firm my decision making...

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 22:09 Quote
[PI=][/PI]
It has been a long time since I built a brand new DH rig. I have been up all night all week getting it dialed in for opening day tomorrow at Thunder Mt. to roll with my boy Craig. Still have the Brooklyns just need to try something lighter on the back.
It has been a long time since I built a brand new DH rig. I have been up all night all week getting it dialed in for opening day tomorrow at Thunder Mt. to roll with my boy Craig. Still have the Brooklyns just need to try something lighter on the back.
Way late to the game here but I scored a NOS TR450 frame for a crazy deal and built it up on a budget/spare parts in the shop build. Being an old school DHer the slack thing was a little bit of a trailer truck for me. Recently flipped the chips to the steepest setting looking forward to giving it a proper hammering.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012934
Mobile Version of Website