how to abubuka

• Previous Page
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 14:27 Quote
how do i abubuka??

it seems so simple...but when i try it my front end just slmas down

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 14:39 Quote
its not Instant messenger, be patient and wait for a reply. im sure someone who knows what they are talking about will help you out soon.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 12:59 Quote
bump.. i am also having troubles..

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 13:01 Quote
k well, you continue forwards toward a ramp or a ledge, then when you get closer go up on your back wheel like a manual, then hup up from your back wheel(kind of like a j hop) while keeping your forward momentum.

oh yea, and then hop back off the object and roll out.

Views: 1,124    Faves: 0    Comments: 7

go to aout the 98 mark. hope this helps guys.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 13:04 Quote
jason-brar wrote:
k well, you continue forwards toward a ramp or a ledge, then when you get closer go up on your back wheel like a manual, then hup up from your back wheel(kind of like a j hop) while keeping your forward momentum.

oh yea, and then hop back off the object and roll out.

Views: 1,124    Faves: 0    Comments: 7

go to aout the 98 mark. hope this helps guys.

that is very helpfull lol

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 13:11 Quote
I learned that the hop is pretty easy, it's just the leaning that's hard. You have to lean back a lot, almost as if you're going to do a manual until your bike pops out in front of you, except that you have to take your whole body with it to land on the obstacle. You might land on your ass a bit, but as long as you can bunny hop, you should be able to get the movement.

Also, it is a LOT easier to learn on some sort of slope, like a quarter pipe, or anything smaller, than stairs or a ledge. I tried for ages on a small wall near my house then succeeded really quickly on a little slope. It's because your bike gets into the right position so much easier! You don't have to pull up much at all, just do a small hop, lock the brake and lean back at the right time.

I find that hopping out of it and rolling out is harder then actually doing the abubaca, by the way.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 13:27 Quote
ok that guy didnt really do them right...you go and do a j-hop but make sure you pull harder on your front push your legs down so you make contact on the object exactly where you want to then hop off and start back pedaling then after that switch back whichever way you feel is the most comfortable...

Views: 908    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 13:37 Quote
It's not a difficult move...if you're not getting it you're not trying hard enough.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 14:48 Quote
ok so i went out and started on a slope, then i moved to a ledge.. i can get ontop the obstacle and saty on it but the only problem i am having is that when i go to hop out im not getting far enough and my front wheel hits it...

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 14:50 Quote
Just keep practicing it.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 14:50 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
ok that guy didnt really do them right...you go and do a j-hop but make sure you pull harder on your front push your legs down so you make contact on the object exactly where you want to then hop off and start back pedaling then after that switch back whichever way you feel is the most comfortable...

What do you mean i didnt do them right? lol, your doing them on flat ground obviously you have to push down. and theres really no wrong way of doing them, if in the end u stalled on an object on your back tire and rolled out of it, its good.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 14:54 Quote
^^seems like a valid explanation.

Jason- thanks for the tips, i will be practicing

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 15:12 Quote
younggunmarshall wrote:
^^seems like a valid explanation.

Jason- thanks for the tips, i will be practicing

haha no problem man. good luck Big Grin

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013433
Mobile Version of Website