What's your bike for 2011?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What's your bike for 2011?
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:01 Quote
beeboo wrote:
NWray wrote:
hey who changed the thread title lol ahaha MARQUIS ..... lol

There's already a thread for "what's your bike for 2012?"

Look here: https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=123629&pagenum=34#commentid4111231

i know that, marquis changed the title

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:15 Quote
theminsta wrote:
tpersons wrote:
Ya I need to sell that rc4 first, I wanna try and sell it before I finish the bike so I'm not tempted to ride it and the shock will be sold brand new. I rode one around at the shop with a ccdb and it was soooooooooooo nice. As for cranks, I'm going to give the descendants a try, guide will be an mrp g2 sl. Shifting I think I'm going xo shifter and x7 derailleur. I was talking the guy to at the shop when I picked her up and that was the combo he recommended. He made the good point that the x7 shifts extremely well when matched with a quality shifter and if you rip a derailleur off, its a 75 dollar repair instead of 130-230 for x9/x0/saint. I'm gonna give it a shot, if it sucks I'll upgrade to x9 or x0.

Yeah good point on the shocks. Take her off right away and don't look bad hahaha

Everyone's going for the descendants! Haha they're good, that's why... but it seems we're losing individuality here! Blank Stare

As for shifting, X.9 has all the technology of the X.0, but just a little bit heavier (by 20 or 30 grams) and ALL the performance. I heavily suggest you get the X.9 shifter pod and the X.7 derailleur. That's the setup I have, and it is flawless. Click. Shift. Done. It's beautiful!

Ya, i can get a killer deal on the ccdb but if I don't sell that rc4 early enough I'm not gonna wait to ride bc I need the money from the rc4 for the ccdb. The descendants, cheap, light, strong, does it get any better? I love my truvativ stuff so I'm gonna stick with em. Ya all the bikes at the shop had either an x9 or x0 shifters and x7 derailleurs. I appreciate the feedback, so the x9 shifter is the same as the x0 shifter minus the carbon stuff? And are you running 9 or 10 speed?

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:17 Quote
NWray wrote:
beeboo wrote:
NWray wrote:

Look here: https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=123629&pagenum=34#commentid4111231

LOL he just changed this threads title back to "2011" lol

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:19 Quote
NWray wrote:
beeboo wrote:
NWray wrote:

Marquis changed what title?

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:20 Quote
Of the thread, it now whats your bike for 2011, 5 minutes ago it was 2012

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:20 Quote
joshuathemtbr wrote:
NWray wrote:
beeboo wrote:

Marquis changed what title?
Check you head for a bald stripe where that whole thing just skimmed right over your head

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:21 Quote
tpersons wrote:

the creator must have changed it.
I already started a "What's your bike for 2012?" forum, so you can post there

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:24 Quote
joshuathemtbr wrote:
tpersons wrote:

No shit dude, where and when lol i posted the link above for your information!

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:25 Quote
tpersons wrote:
theminsta wrote:
tpersons wrote:
Ya I need to sell that rc4 first, I wanna try and sell it before I finish the bike so I'm not tempted to ride it and the shock will be sold brand new. I rode one around at the shop with a ccdb and it was soooooooooooo nice. As for cranks, I'm going to give the descendants a try, guide will be an mrp g2 sl. Shifting I think I'm going xo shifter and x7 derailleur. I was talking the guy to at the shop when I picked her up and that was the combo he recommended. He made the good point that the x7 shifts extremely well when matched with a quality shifter and if you rip a derailleur off, its a 75 dollar repair instead of 130-230 for x9/x0/saint. I'm gonna give it a shot, if it sucks I'll upgrade to x9 or x0.

Yeah good point on the shocks. Take her off right away and don't look badmeant back hahaha

Everyone's going for the descendants! Haha they're good, that's why... but it seems we're losing individuality here! Blank Stare

As for shifting, X.9 has all the technology of the X.0, but just a little bit heavier (by 20 or 30 grams) and ALL the performance. I heavily suggest you get the X.9 shifter pod and the X.7 derailleur. That's the setup I have, and it is flawless. Click. Shift. Done. It's beautiful!

Ya, i can get a killer deal on the ccdb but if I don't sell that rc4 early enough I'm not gonna wait to ride bc I need the money from the rc4 for the ccdb. The descendants, cheap, light, strong, does it get any better? I love my truvativ stuff so I'm gonna stick with em. Ya all the bikes at the shop had either an x9 or x0 shifters and x7 derailleurs. I appreciate the feedback, so the x9 shifter is the same as the x0 shifter minus the carbon stuff? And are you running 9 or 10 speed?

Well, if you need to sell fast, just put it $20 less than your closest competition! Should theoretically work :\

Haha the only thing you're losing in that equation is unique-ness! I've actually gotten myself SRAM/Truvativ's X.0 crank Wink

I have the 9 speed one. And yeah, the X.0 is just carbon. XX is just more carbon/lightness. But actually, I'm not too acquainted with the XX series yet...

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:28 Quote
Haha I'll sell it for the price I'm getting on the cane creek, which is a highway robbery price lol. How are those cranks? got em on yet? I contemplated going for them but couldn't justify twice the price for 100 grams in weight savings on a bike that isn't really going to end up being that light anyways.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:35 Quote
joshuathemtbr wrote:
tpersons wrote:

nope Rolleyes a mod *COUGH COUGH* marquis *COUGH COUGH* changed it as a joke.. i just changed it back Rolleyes

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:36 Quote
haha I could care less what its called.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:37 Quote
Hahaha HRP indeed! No loss in funds, but all gain on performance and joy!

They're supposed to arrive this Thursday, so in two days. I got them for $240 w/o BB.. so I thought that was a pretty decent deal. How much did you get/are you getting the cranks for?

Well, it's not only the weight savings, but also the joy that you're getting a carbon crankset, the bling factor of carbon, and uniqueness factor of carbon!

It's going on a hardtail chromoly frame that weighs a whoopin 6.8 pounds... so it's there to balance stuff out haha.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:42 Quote
theminsta wrote:
Well, it's not only the weight savings, but also the joy that you're getting a carbon crankset, the bling factor of carbon, and uniqueness factor of carbon!

It's going on a hardtail chromoly frame that weighs a whoopin 6.8 pounds... so it's there to balance stuff out haha.

If only you had my old banshee amp frame weighing in at 4.5 lbs or santa cruz jackal frame at 4.7 lbs to put those on to, then could you imagine how light you'd be able to get your build down to eh Wink

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:44 Quote
theminsta wrote:
Hahaha HRP indeed! No loss in funds, but all gain on performance and joy!

They're supposed to arrive this Thursday, so in two days. I got them for $240 w/o BB.. so I thought that was a pretty decent deal. How much did you get/are you getting the cranks for?

I think you gonna need more than a set of cranks to balance out that beast lol. I would definitely go for them but that extra 200 bucks can buy me a shifter and derailleur. And ya thats a pretty dang good price. I'd probably pay about 400 for the xo and 150 for the descendants not totally sure what my cost will be on them but I'd guess around there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012819
Mobile Version of Website