What's your bike for 2011?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What's your bike for 2011?
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:45 Quote
beeboo wrote:
theminsta wrote:
Well, it's not only the weight savings, but also the joy that you're getting a carbon crankset, the bling factor of carbon, and uniqueness factor of carbon!

It's going on a hardtail chromoly frame that weighs a whoopin 6.8 pounds... so it's there to balance stuff out haha.

If only you had my old banshee amp frame weighing in at 4.5 lbs or santa cruz jackal frame at 4.7 lbs to put those on to, then could you imagine how light you'd be able to get your build down to eh Wink

did you weigh yours? cause i weighed the shorter model when i was at east side for co-op and it was bang on 5.2 Confused

even if you had the other drive side drop out with no derailleur hanger that wouldnt drop half a pound Confused

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:45 Quote
beeboo wrote:
theminsta wrote:
Well, it's not only the weight savings, but also the joy that you're getting a carbon crankset, the bling factor of carbon, and uniqueness factor of carbon!

It's going on a hardtail chromoly frame that weighs a whoopin 6.8 pounds... so it's there to balance stuff out haha.

If only you had my old banshee amp frame weighing in at 4.5 lbs or santa cruz jackal frame at 4.7 lbs to put those on to, then could you imagine how light you'd be able to get your build down to eh Wink

-_________________- I never thought that my mtb wouldn't be able to barspin.....

Lol stop it! ARGH

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:48 Quote
tpersons wrote:
theminsta wrote:
Hahaha HRP indeed! No loss in funds, but all gain on performance and joy!

They're supposed to arrive this Thursday, so in two days. I got them for $240 w/o BB.. so I thought that was a pretty decent deal. How much did you get/are you getting the cranks for?

I think you gonna need more than a set of cranks to balance out that beast lol. I would definitely go for them but that extra 200 bucks can buy me a shifter and derailleur. And ya thats a pretty dang good price. I'd probably pay about 400 for the xo and 150 for the descendants not totally sure what my cost will be on them but I'd guess around there.

Haha that's not the only light part. I've also got the Revelation RLT Titanium Dual Air fork, 2011 model that's around 3.7 pounds or something ridiculous! The wheelset is also pretty light at around 1700 grams. But descenants will not let you down at all. For that price and everything, it will perform more than you've paid tup

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:49 Quote
NWray wrote:
beeboo wrote:
theminsta wrote:

did you weigh yours? cause i weighed the shorter model when i was at east side for co-op and it was bang on 5.2 Confused

even if you had the other drive side drop out with no derailleur hanger that wouldnt drop half a pound Confused

The Jackal definitely doesn't weigh that much! Maybe the scale was off? I never got a chance to weigh mine but all the reviews out there say its under 5 lbs

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:51 Quote
theminsta wrote:
tpersons wrote:
theminsta wrote:

They're supposed to arrive this Thursday, so in two days. I got them for $240 w/o BB.. so I thought that was a pretty decent deal. How much did you get/are you getting the cranks for?

I think you gonna need more than a set of cranks to balance out that beast lol. I would definitely go for them but that extra 200 bucks can buy me a shifter and derailleur. And ya thats a pretty dang good price. I'd probably pay about 400 for the xo and 150 for the descendants not totally sure what my cost will be on them but I'd guess around there.

Haha that's not the only light part. I've also got the Revelation RLT Titanium Dual Air fork, 2011 model that's around 3.7 pounds or something ridiculous! The wheelset is also pretty light at around 1700 grams. But descenants will not let you down at all. For that price and everything, it will perform more than you've paid tup
3.9lbs.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:51 Quote
theminsta wrote:
tpersons wrote:
theminsta wrote:

Those are some light ass wheels, I got a set of hope pro 2 evo's/823's for this. I sure hope those cranks don't let me down cause this bike is bleeding me dry lol.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:52 Quote
beeboo wrote:
NWray wrote:
beeboo wrote:

The Jackal definitely doesn't weigh that much! Maybe the scale was off? I never got a chance to weigh mine but all the reviews out there say its under 5 lbs

used two different scales to verify Confused

LE CONFUSED

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:53 Quote
NWray wrote:
beeboo wrote:
NWray wrote:

LE CONFUSED

Really? You got me stumped too since the frame felt damn light

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:55 Quote
beeboo wrote:
NWray wrote:
beeboo wrote:

LE CONFUSED

Really? You got me stumped too since the frame felt damn light

maybe later production runs had changes made to make them lighter unannounced to the public? Confused cause the one i weighed was an 09(first year of the MK2 frame)

Do you really believe reviews? Most likely santa cruz claimed it to be sub 5 so they follwed

nope, SC site says 5.2

also... why is it that when you need your patch kit the most you cant find it Blank Stare

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:56 Quote
3.9lbs for the 20mm Maxle model sounds more correct. Thanks Rod.

Ahh, I have a thing against Hope's DH rear hubs.... The point of 150mm rear hubs is so that the wheel has a rounder triangulation for a stiffer/stronger wheel build. If you take a look at Hope's 150mm hub bodies, the NDS flange is distanced really close to the centre and there's a column of space between the flange to the brake mounts......

You should look around if the Hope SS body and a regular freehub would match to make a 150mm hub... Chris King hubs do this, IIRC.

I have a friend that rides it on his hardtail and he hasn't broken them yet... So I have a pretty high view of those cranks lol

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:58 Quote
NWray wrote:
nope, SC site says 5.2

also... why is it that when you need your patch kit the most you cant find it Blank Stare
Because you touch yourself at night

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 21:59 Quote
theminsta wrote:
3.9lbs for the 20mm Maxle model sounds more correct. Thanks Rod.

Ahh, I have a thing against Hope's DH rear hubs.... The point of 150mm rear hubs is so that the wheel has a rounder triangulation for a stiffer/stronger wheel build. If you take a look at Hope's 150mm hub bodies, the NDS flange is distanced really close to the centre and there's a column of space between the flange to the brake mounts......

You should look around if the Hope SS body and a regular freehub would match to make a 150mm hub... Chris King hubs do this, IIRC.

I have a friend that rides it on his hardtail and he hasn't broken them yet... So I have a pretty high view of those cranks lol

hmmm solution to hope hub problem......

buy pro2ss evo, uninstall axle/bearings and FH body, install insides from 150mm hub and FH body, instant DH hub?

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 22:00 Quote
willy94 wrote:
NWray wrote:
nope, SC site says 5.2

Because you touch yourself at night

Pffft I know I do.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022016
Mobile Version of Website