What's your bike for 2011?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What's your bike for 2011?
| Next Page
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 22:01 Quote
NWray wrote:
theminsta wrote:
3.9lbs for the 20mm Maxle model sounds more correct. Thanks Rod.

Ahh, I have a thing against Hope's DH rear hubs.... The point of 150mm rear hubs is so that the wheel has a rounder triangulation for a stiffer/stronger wheel build. If you take a look at Hope's 150mm hub bodies, the NDS flange is distanced really close to the centre and there's a column of space between the flange to the brake mounts......

You should look around if the Hope SS body and a regular freehub would match to make a 150mm hub... Chris King hubs do this, IIRC.

I have a friend that rides it on his hardtail and he hasn't broken them yet... So I have a pretty high view of those cranks lol

hmmm solution to hope hub problem......

buy pro2ss evo, uninstall axle/bearings and FH body, install insides from 150mm hub and FH body, instant DH hub?

Basically what I said -__-

EDIT: LOL would you get an instant BMX hub if you match the SS freehub and regular body? Big Grin

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 22:08 Quote
would be interesting to find out lol

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 22:25 Quote
NWray wrote:
theminsta wrote:
3.9lbs for the 20mm Maxle model sounds more correct. Thanks Rod.

Ahh, I have a thing against Hope's DH rear hubs.... The point of 150mm rear hubs is so that the wheel has a rounder triangulation for a stiffer/stronger wheel build. If you take a look at Hope's 150mm hub bodies, the NDS flange is distanced really close to the centre and there's a column of space between the flange to the brake mounts......

You should look around if the Hope SS body and a regular freehub would match to make a 150mm hub... Chris King hubs do this, IIRC.

I have a friend that rides it on his hardtail and he hasn't broken them yet... So I have a pretty high view of those cranks lol

hmmm solution to hope hub problem......

buy pro2ss evo, uninstall axle/bearings and FH body, install insides from 150mm hub and FH body, instant DH hub?

Hm that's a very good point you make. I did notice the excessive distance between the flange and brake mount. For now I'm just going to run them. I've always had great luck with hope products and built what will hopefully be a strong wheel. I'lI look into that down the road.

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
Anyone had experience riding a 2012 Scott voltage fr 30? I am wondering how well it climbs.

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
Like a 6 year old freeride bike? I not good.

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Like a 6 year old freeride bike? I not good.
That's what I thought!

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 17:01 Quote
ClemensHall1 wrote:
Anyone had experience riding a 2012 Scott voltage fr 30? I am wondering how well it climbs.

Wow necro a thread..............

Next time better not to revive threads from 2011. Anyways for your question :
The Scott Voltage FR30 (2012), is a decent climber and decent downhill bike.
It climbs pretty good if you compare it to a downhill bike, but if you compare it to a XC or Hardtail with climbing it will not be so good.

It is give and take, you want lots of travel, you get more trouble with climbing....

I only ride DH bikes, I just try to climb, if it becomes to steep a good old "hike a bike" will do the trick.

Just get the Voltage, you will like it.

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 21:45 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
ClemensHall1 wrote:

Wow necro a thread..............

Next time better not to revive threads from 2011. Anyways for your question :
The Scott Voltage FR30 (2012), is a decent climber and decent downhill bike.
It climbs pretty good if you compare it to a downhill bike, but if you compare it to a XC or Hardtail with climbing it will not be so good.

It is give and take, you want lots of travel, you get more trouble with climbing....

I only ride DH bikes, I just try to climb, if it becomes to steep a good old "hike a bike" will do the trick.

Just get the Voltage, you will like it.
Thanks so much for your advice, I think I will follow it.

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
So what bikes will everyone be riding for 2011?

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
Shartriloquist wrote:
Big Grin Big Grin I am buying a used bike (considering the 2012 Scott Voltage FR 30), and this was the most relevant forum I could find to ask about its climbing abillity. I couldn't find out how to make a new forum, so I posted to an old one. Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 1:41 Quote
Shartriloquist wrote:

Apparently this, according to my 2011 photos.

2012 Specialized P.3

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.014161
Mobile Version of Website