24" wheels on a 26" frame, what's the draw backs?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
24" wheels on a 26" frame, what's the draw backs?
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 15:07 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
can i put 29 inch wheels on 20 bike

Yes, just lay them either on the right or left side of the bike, your choice.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 15:12 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
can i put 29 inch wheels on 20 bike

Of course, but make sure to put the handlebars on the seatpost and the pedals on your headset!

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
How do u think 24” wheels would work on a Norco 250 frame?

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 1:25 Quote
Hello everyone I have a question please. Would 24" wheels fit on a Skyway TA 26" Cruiser because it's a long story how this came about. Could anyone please help me out. What's your thoughts. Thank you everyone

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 5:25 Quote
fswiad75 wrote:
Hello everyone I have a question please. Would 24" wheels fit on a Skyway TA 26" Cruiser because it's a long story how this came about. Could anyone please help me out. What's your thoughts. Thank you everyone

If it has rim brakes, then the brake pads won’t line up with the 24” rim unless you grind out the dropout slots about an inch further forward.

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
Okay this is probably really confusing but I'll try my best to make it understandable. I have a 24" frame NEXT Gauntlet. I want to take my dad's rear "fork" if that's what it's called from his 26" NEXT Ultra Shock. His wheels are bent and so I am looking to mount my wheel onto his. Is there a way I can mess with the brakes (they are not disc brakes) to make them work? If not, is there a way I can remove them all together? He's looking to get rid of it anyways and I've already taken many parts from his bike. (My tires are 24", his are 26".)

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 9:12 Quote
JapanWins wrote:
Okay this is probably really confusing but I'll try my best to make it understandable. I have a 24" frame NEXT Gauntlet. I want to take my dad's rear "fork" if that's what it's called from his 26" NEXT Ultra Shock. His wheels are bent and so I am looking to mount my wheel onto his. Is there a way I can mess with the brakes (they are not disc brakes) to make them work? If not, is there a way I can remove them all together? He's looking to get rid of it anyways and I've already taken many parts from his bike. (My tires are 24", his are 26".)

No, the rear rim brake is not going to properly connect with a 24" wheel in a bike that currently has 26" wheels.

What city do you live in? Your best bet is to start looking around for a better bike. Sometimes you can get good deals on used ones on Craigslist.

Posted: Sep 27, 2020 at 3:59 Quote
My Octane One 26 rolling 24 wheels, TableTops and an Identiti 450 fork.
Love it.
Octane One Void with 24 wheels and A Rebate 450 fork. Love this bike.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015215
Mobile Version of Website