Chilliwack Trails Thread - Vedder Mountain Trail Conditions and work in progress updates

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Chilliwack Trails Thread - Vedder Mountain Trail Conditions and work in progress updates
Previous Page |
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 17:59 Quote
So I'm starting this thread and I am hoping that others join and take part in the talks. The idea of this thread is to get us locals together to talk about the trails and what is going on up there on Vedder. I want to talk about the current status of all trails and who's doing what and where on the mountain. I personally want to let folks know that I am adopting the trail known as Concussion and have been and will continue to work on it until it is ready to be re-opened in the spring. I feel that we have a lot of great trails up there that are in need of re-opening and hopefully as a group we can achieve that.
Thanks,
ty

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 11:32 Quote
hey Tyler great idea on having a Vedder thread.Currently I am redoing what was once 911 on Hidden Pleasures.Mike V and I have started a reroute that will consist of a gap into the new trail.Followed by a bit of rock then a drop into a bermed corner than a fast section into a 20 foot gap that uses the same tranny as 911 had.Once that is finished we will be redoing where 911 was located and make a gap or drop there,but not as big.Need something for the intermidate rider to progress on.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 at 18:49 Quote
Hey kids.

I'm adopting the Den....But I seriously doubt that I will do anything on it. Thanks for clearing all that deadfall Tyler, you're super!
I like this idea though. I vote for removing all unnatural unnecessary wooden structures. We can have a river fire!

Posted: Dec 3, 2007 at 19:41 Quote
Mike G, that sounds rad and I've been up there and know what you are talking about too. That'll be a nice option for riders to tee up once its completed. I think that is the biggest thing we all need to look at too-completing started tasks. Anyone know what the status of the road bypass is from Skidder to Dilemma is looking like? (Todd and Ryan's project I believe) With the new snow and rain, I expect we'll be on hold for a bit, which for Kakah means he's right on schedule. (you're welcome for the tree removal buddy-lucky that "huck" is my sized and I needed to clean it up)

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 at 19:46 Quote
chevy1 wrote:
hey Tyler great idea on having a Vedder thread.Currently I am redoing what was once 911 on Hidden Pleasures.Mike V and I have started a reroute that will consist of a gap into the new trail.Followed by a bit of rock then a drop into a bermed corner than a fast section into a 20 foot gap that uses the same tranny as 911 had.Once that is finished we will be redoing where 911 was located and make a gap or drop there,but not as big.Need something for the intermidate rider to progress on.

Mike g, that section is looking pretty sick already!

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 18:54 Quote
Human remains found on vedder today, just up the road from entrance to chaincrazy.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 19:15 Quote
Vedder Mt. Mountain Man....

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 19:33 Quote
possible gary the grouse victim...?

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 19:45 Quote
When I get a chance I would like to show some love to the lower end of Dillema, the rocky steeps are starting to look pretty gnarly.

I think that the rebuild on the gap-to-road at the end of Hidden Pleasures turned out quite nicely. (If I do say so myselftup ) I'd like to thank my Dad for all the time he put into that.Salute

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 21:13 Quote
word to that. good work fully's.

shorerider16 wrote:
When I get a chance I would like to show some love to the lower end of Dillema, the rocky steeps are starting to look pretty gnarly.

I think that the rebuild on the gap-to-road at the end of Hidden Pleasures turned out quite nicely. (If I do say so myselftup ) I'd like to thank my Dad for all the time he put into that.Salute

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 23:17 Quote
Ya Fully's killed the new gap-hell I may even take a run up to it now-on second thought-nope! Nice sneak peak shot of some of your wood work Gerald.

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 18:24 Quote
Just curious, but does anybody know what the trails are like right now? I'm itching to ride, but I don't want to go if it's too soggy, just wrecks the trails and the bike.

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 18:48 Quote
brule wrote:
Mike G, that sounds rad and I've been up there and know what you are talking about too. That'll be a nice option for riders to tee up once its completed. I think that is the biggest thing we all need to look at too-completing started tasks. Anyone know what the status of the road bypass is from Skidder to Dilemma is looking like? (Todd and Ryan's project I believe) With the new snow and rain, I expect we'll be on hold for a bit, which for Kakah means he's right on schedule. (you're welcome for the tree removal buddy-lucky that "huck" is my sized and I needed to clean it up)

hey ty. as for the road bypass i will be moving on to it after tomorrow. i will be finishing "showtime" on dilema tomorrow and they be moving all my tools to the by pass. just have to dirt in the first take off and it will be open for riders to try. if any one is interested in giving me a hand tomorrow morning that would be awsome and yes i will ride down to it then finish it so i can ride it as soon as im done. todd

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 14:28 Quote
I wonder what everyone would think if we implemented a ban on building any NEW stunts on Dilemna,which had been discussed last year but nothing happened.I believe the trail has enough stunts and option lines already.We could have maintenance but no new building.The last section of steeps/rocks needs some work on where the original trail went,not the short cut way.This way we could concentrate on getting the rest of the trails on Vedder in great shape.Let me know what you guys think.
Any word on the human remains found the other day.

Posted: Dec 8, 2007 at 14:37 Quote
MIke,
I think that once Todd and Gerald finish their current works in progress (I believe Todd finished his this morning), that yes we should all collectively focus on gettting the existing trails up to riding code so that there are other options up on the mountain. Once we've got all the lines/trails re-opened again, I think that is when we should take the time to focus efforts on features that will challenge the riders. I have no skills when it comes to building features, but I do like moving the dirt and putting trails in, so just let me know who needs help where. I've a long ways to go on Concussion, but I'm up for mixing it up at times for a change of scenery.

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024151
Mobile Version of Website