Chilliwack Trails Thread - Vedder Mountain Trail Conditions and work in progress updates

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Chilliwack Trails Thread - Vedder Mountain Trail Conditions and work in progress updates
Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 17:34 Quote
kurt-heering wrote:
ok thanks for the info! you know what vedder conditions are like?
little slick but still a great time

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 20:15 Quote
As a guideline after speaking with certain "powers that be", it's best to have 2 solid dry days before riding Island 22 or we're going to wreck it (just as a heads up).

Don't shoot the messenger!

Dave-o, be sure to hit the Darkside trails. That's where all our latest work has been going. Mainly Electric Lettuce after the chute. We're planning on reworking that chute area to be more sustainable & a bit longer (whoo-hoo!)
If I heard about this sooner I would have been a 2nd shuttle truck for you. But alas I'm too busy.

Have fun! & take an inventory of what the WA guys liked. (Me likes constructive criticism.)

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 21:15 Quote
jONAH96 wrote:
As a guideline after speaking with certain "powers that be", it's best to have 2 solid dry days before riding Island 22 or we're going to wreck it (just as a heads up).

Dave-o, be sure to hit the Darkside trails. That's where all our latest work has been going. Mainly Electric Lettuce after the chute. We're planning on reworking that chute area to be more sustainable & a bit longer (whoo-hoo!)
If I heard about this sooner I would have been a 2nd shuttle truck for you. But alas I'm too busy.

Have fun! & take an inventory of what the WA guys liked. (Me likes constructive criticism.)

You bet man! EL is riding awesome right now! Amazing work as usual. We've been changing up the lines on EL to preserve the work on the main line. Yeah, sorry for the short notice, it was a bit last minute (yesterday!).
I will for sure report back. Im sure their minds will be blown!

Posted: Feb 9, 2013 at 7:56 Quote
I'll be out there in my truck this morning with a few guys. See you there!

Posted: Feb 9, 2013 at 20:10 Quote
anybody going up tomorrow i could hitch a ride up with? tup

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 15:45 Quote
magnetmedia wrote:
jONAH96 wrote:

You bet man! EL is riding awesome right now! Amazing work as usual. We've been changing up the lines on EL to preserve the work on the main line. Yeah, sorry for the short notice, it was a bit last minute (yesterday!).
I will for sure report back. Im sure their minds will be blown!

So the guys from Bellingham had a great time. We did 2 runs on the dark and front side (4 in total). They launched raced and jumped most stunts and skinnies. Made it 3/4 of the way through Showtime. Trails were slick, but tire pressure took care of that.

They were very impressed with all the building and will be back for more soon! Super impressed with the woodwork (notching and cutting) on all trails. It was an overall amazing day of riding! I actually did a few stunts I've never done before and will be up there again on Sunday to hit the bigger ones!

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 18:08 Quote
That's great to hear!
3/4 of the way through Showtime sounds like a big ouch.
Glad to hear that you're riding game is progressing. That really is our endgame; to make the hill a progression so everyone gets better while having fun.

Thanks for the update.

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 20:28 Quote
jONAH96 wrote:
That's great to hear!
3/4 of the way through Showtime sounds like a big ouch.
Glad to hear that you're riding game is progressing. That really is our endgame; to make the hill a progression so everyone gets better while having fun.

Thanks for the update.

It was just a matter of commitment. No injuries...

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 14:53 Quote
Haven't been on Vedder in about a month. Rode Mongo - Electric Lettuce - Femur on Sunday.
Nice work and big thanks to all the local builders, the amount of work done in there is just mind blowing.
The trails are literally paved in gold right now. I'm gonna start riding with beers in my pack to give out when I run into you guys.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 18:08 Quote
Train Grade Trail Day

We will be meeting at 9am Sunday Feb 24 at the Rotary Trail/Vedder bridge parking lot. 4x4's are not necessary since we will be accessing the train grade from Cultus Lake Rd. Please bring your own food and water. The trail day will continue on into the afternoon if we have support/energy.

Tools to bring: first aid kit, loppers, hand saws, polaski's. We will be doing some drainage work and misc to the trail pathway itself as well as clearing fallen trees, light brush and saplings. See you on Sunday!

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 8:42 Quote
I am going up Vedder on friday to finish up some more work on Electric Lettuce.
I can leave some polaxski's,shovels, and tools for you guys with Steve U .
The tools you can use are fvmba stock for trail days.

Beer for builders....... I can only hope to see Aja when I am working away .
Anyone free fri?? come join me around 9ish ,talk to steve Uuuuu.
g

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 11:28 Quote
Gary,

I'm off at around 2:30-3:00 pm. If you guys are still around I'll lend a hand.

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 13:31 Quote
Train Grade Trail? Access from Cultas Lake Rd?

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 14:47 Quote
Sierra95 wrote:

Me thinks SteveUUUUU is meaning the road across from the Cultus Lake sign. (but who knows with that guy. Lol)

& I'm out for Friday G-man (still have construction getting done at the homestead).

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 15:09 Quote
Sierra95 wrote:

Yeah not sure what Steve U is talking about I'll get an update for you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013107
Mobile Version of Website