Chilliwack Trails Thread - Vedder Mountain Trail Conditions and work in progress updates

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Chilliwack Trails Thread - Vedder Mountain Trail Conditions and work in progress updates
Posted: Nov 4, 2015 at 21:06 Quote
Sweet thanks for the help man!

Posted: Dec 13, 2015 at 11:00 Quote
Hey guys, I am stoked to share Keep It Real with you everyone! Come out to The University of Fraser Valley on Friday December 18th to celebrate mountain biking, film and good vibes.

Where:
University of the Fraser Valley: Lecture Theater B101
33844 Kind Rd Abbotsford

When:
Friday December 18th, Doors at 7PM!

Tickets are $15 at the door. Cash only, please!

A cut of the door sales will go towards the Fraser Valley Mountain Bike Association (FVMBA) to help support the local riding scene! I have worked really hard over the past six months on this so it would mean the world to me if you could make it! Lastly, spread the word and spread the stoke so we can get a full house!

More info here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/796848717110557/

Trailer:

Views: 25,507    Faves: 205    Comments: 30

Take it easy!

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 20:23 Quote
Hey does anyone know if the Sleese trails are still up? Never been there, found it on TrailForks. No recent reports...
Thanks

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 21:07 Quote
SpeedMetalArmy wrote:
Hey does anyone know if the Sleese trails are still up? Never been there, found it on TrailForks. No recent reports...
Thanks

They are still there, they may need love but during the summer I was up there and they had seen some recent work. They aren't ridden much but are worth checking out when they are running good.

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 22:22 Quote
Sweet! Thanks @Chief. Im gonna check them out.

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 21:40 Quote
The builders over on Vedder Mountain are hosting a trail day on the 31st. Meet at 9 am at the mountain bike parking lot on Parmenter road at the base of Vedder and we will head up as a group. We will be working on Kerry'd Away, Vedders newest climbing trail. Depending on the turnout tools may be in short supply so if you have any be sure to bring them, just make sure to mark them so you don't loose any. Everyone is welcome and there is no experience necessary. We will be working rain or shine so dress for the weather. Food and drink will be provided and we hope to see you there!

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 19:23 Quote
I'm heading to the area (cultus lake) for 5 days in July. Looking for some trail suggestions for intermediate-advanced XC/AM riders. I've checked out Vedder on trailforks, so perhaps specific trails/loops there or other networks nearby. Any suggestions appreciated. Thx.

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 21:22 Quote
mully wrote:
I'm heading to the area (cultus lake) for 5 days in July. Looking for some trail suggestions for intermediate-advanced XC/AM riders. I've checked out Vedder on trailforks, so perhaps specific trails/loops there or other networks nearby. Any suggestions appreciated. Thx.

I think that a rider at that skill level could ride pretty much any trail on Vedder and have a good time. A pretty standard loop is to climb or shuttle to The Den -> 2 cents -> Terdferg -> Ditch Chicken -> Electric Lettuce -> Femur, but I don't really think you can go too wrong.

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 6:23 Quote
Chris812 wrote:
mully wrote:

I think that a rider at that skill level could ride pretty much any trail on Vedder and have a good time. A pretty standard loop is to climb or shuttle to The Den -> 2 cents -> Terdferg -> Ditch Chicken -> Electric Lettuce -> Femur, but I don't really think you can go too wrong.

Good to know. Thanks. Any other areas that we should hit that aren't on trailforks?

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 22:27 Quote
mully wrote:
Chris812 wrote:
mully wrote:

Good to know. Thanks. Any other areas that we should hit that aren't on trailforks?

You could check out Sumas and Ledgeview if you get bored, both about 30min away. Have a good trip!

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 1:39 Quote
I live in Chilliwack and I'm curious if there are any shuttles that go to vedder mountain? Basically just looking for someone with a truck that can give me the occasional ride so i can stop exhausting myself just from having to bike there from town.
Sorry for an unrelated post but there aren't any chilliwack or vedder mountain threads!

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 9:01 Quote
There is nothing official, but you may be able to find someone willing to help on the vedder mountain bike trails Facebook page if you use that, there is also a city bus that runs up to cultus.

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 at 7:57 Quote
[Quote="mully"]
Chris812 wrote:
mully wrote:

If we are starting on the Cultus Lake side and want to ride up to Den, what route would you suggest?

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 at 19:26 Quote
[Quote="mully"]
mully wrote:
Chris812 wrote:

If we are starting on the Cultus Lake side and want to ride up to Den, what route would you suggest?

Sunnyside up and Kerry'd Away are new climbing trails. From there you will need to use the access road to get to the Den. Shuttles are also possible for trucks with good clearance.

Posted: Jul 29, 2016 at 17:49 Quote
Today while pushing my big bike up the road on Vedder I dropped one of my knee pads (661 Evo)

I rode back down the road looking for it but I think somebody already found it because it was gone.

If you found it or know somebody who may have I would like it back please.

Thanks
Doug

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028520
Mobile Version of Website