BLACK LIST of scammers and unauthorized person like teenagers on the SELLBUY section of PinkBike!.. Please report ASAP the misco

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
BLACK LIST of scammers and unauthorized person like teenagers on the SELLBUY section of PinkBike!.. Please report ASAP the misco
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 16:55 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
He's not a troll. He does have a valid point. There are definitely time wasters on this site that engage in what you'd think would be a deal only to have it fall through last minute because the buyer didn't have permission from their parents to buy something. By this, I don't mean the users who ask a few questions about the item but rather the ones that ask the questions, engage in negotiations, arrange shipping/payment details, and then, have the deal fall through because they don't have permission or have found another buyer (local/someone who offered more, etc). Not a scam but very frustrating for serious buyers/sellers. I've experienced a couple of these "deals" and they are super annoying.

However, I think more stringent guidelines in the buy/sell would help to decrease the number of tire kickers/time wasters.
I agree, but if you're selling something for say, 800 and you ship, and the next day some local dude offers you a grand, what would you do?

FL
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 16:57 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
He's not a troll. He does have a valid point. There are definitely time wasters on this site that engage in what you'd think would be a deal only to have it fall through last minute because the buyer didn't have permission from their parents to buy something. By this, I don't mean the users who ask a few questions about the item but rather the ones that ask the questions, engage in negotiations, arrange shipping/payment details, and then, have the deal fall through because they don't have permission or have found another buyer (local/someone who offered more, etc). Not a scam but very frustrating for serious buyers/sellers. I've experienced a couple of these "deals" and they are super annoying.

However, I think more stringent guidelines in the buy/sell would help to decrease the number of tire kickers/time wasters.

this is a valid point although if i offered 20 or more and would pick it up im sure you would rather sell to me than to someone who would pay less and make you go out of your way and waist time shipping it to them

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 16:58 Quote
It still is not illegal to advertise on Pinkbike though, the kids shouldn't have their rights taken away because of a small majority of time wasters...

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 16:58 Quote
laurie1 wrote:

we were trolling, now you speak reason. Me sad Cry

Mod
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 17:04 Quote
ritchierich wrote:
I agree, but if you're selling something for say, 800 and you ship, and the next day some local dude offers you a grand, what would you do?

It all comes down to one's personal morals and ethics. For me, a deal is a deal. If I get all the shipping information and payment information, it's a done deal and that person gets it. I don’t re-neg on deals or change deals once things have been finalized and both sides agree to it. They contacted me first; they get first right of refusal. If they don't want it, I move on to the next person who messaged me about the item and so on and so forth. I really dislike the users that try to change deals or sell items that they’ve agreed to sell to you to other users. The worst are the ones that keep you in the dark or days and don’t tell you that they’ve sold the item you wanted to buy to another person so you’ve stopped looking for that particular item. Just wait until there is some kin of feedback system. Then, you’ll know who the serious buyers/sellers are and who the time wasters and tire kickers are… If you're not going to uphold your end of the deal, why start the process in the first place? Seems kind of useless to me.

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 17:14 Quote
I totally understand where you're coming from, but surely not all kids are time wasters, I've had time wasters that have been over 18 who 'can't/couldn't get the money, sorry' and other excuses, it's just the fact that if I was under 18 and pinkbike started banning under 18's from buying/selling I wouldn't be happy.

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 17:16 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
I totally understand where you're coming from, but surely not all kids are time wasters, I've had time wasters that have been over 18 who 'can't/couldn't get the money, sorry' and other excuses, it's just the fact that if I was under 18 and pinkbike started banning under 18's from buying/selling I wouldn't be happy.

Seen as I'm 14 I FULLY back this statement.

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 17:18 Quote
A big majority of the stuff for sale on here is in fact posted by people under 18. I wouldn't be very happy either. A lot of the stuff I have gotten from the buy/sell is/was from people under the age of 18.

It's the same thing that happens on any other buy/sell website... Kijiji, Craigslist.. you get the idea.

Mod
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 17:18 Quote
No, not all users are time waster/tire kickers by any means. I'm just saying, if you have no intention to follow through with what has been said or don't have the money, why start negotiating, working out pricing, working out shipping quotes, sharing personal information, etc? Would you go into a furniture store looking for a car? No. Why would you work out all the details of a deal i you don't have the money? No need to put the cart before the horse.

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 17:30 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
No, not all users are time waster/tire kickers by any means. I'm just saying, if you have no intention to follow through with what has been said or don't have the money, why start negotiating, working out pricing, working out shipping quotes, sharing personal information, etc? Would you go into a furniture store looking for a car? No. Why would you work out all the details of a deal i you don't have the money? No need to put the cart before the horse.

Again, I see your point and it's fair, but as I said you can't just blame teenagers for time wasting, on moredirt and other site all of my time wasters were adults, and weirdly the guy who bought my bike was under 18.
But it's true that a lot teenagers are the ones who seem to ask about an item and then let you down, but I can also conform it isn't only them and a factor of adults do it too.

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 17:39 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Could'nt agree more wtih you. ive gone through alot of transactions trying to buy stuff. either the guy accepts the offer you send him contact details. and dosnt get back to you untill days, weeks later saying sorry but i cba going down to the post office and buy a stamp basically. buy/sell is mostly full of people just wondering how much there stuff is worth

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 17:43 Quote
Jake-menday wrote:
Could'nt agree more wtih you. ive gone through alot of transactions trying to buy stuff. either the guy accepts the offer you send him contact details. and dosnt get back to you untill days, weeks later saying sorry but i cba going down to the post office and buy a stamp basically. buy/sell is mostly full of people just wondering how much there stuff is worth

Ah, but the original poster is blaming it on kid's, when it's not just kid's who time waste, that's what I'm trying to point out, I assume people want something to be done with time wasters?

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 17:48 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
Jake-menday wrote:

Ah, but the original poster is blaming it on kid's, when it's not just kid's who time waste, that's what I'm trying to point out, I assume people want something to be done with time wasters?
There should be a button you press, like buy it now or offer , and these offers dont get shown to other people and if you press buy it now it takes it off the buy/sell section for a few hours. and i agree with you but the majority of time wasters are under 18 but you cant stop them from using the buy/sell section

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 17:50 Quote
Jake-menday wrote:
kinetic-uk wrote:
Jake-menday wrote:

There should be a button you press, like buy it now or offer , and these offers dont get shown to other people and if you press buy it now it takes it off the buy/sell section for a few hours. and i agree with you but the majority of time wasters are under 18 but you cant stop them from using the buy/sell section

depends...most people who have killed a transaction have been older, as if a teenager s selling something, WE NEED MONEY. So we don't piss about (if we can help it) this may just be me but...yano.

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 12:40 Quote
Been going back and forth with Josepacho claiming he is going to travel from Minneapolis to Maryland to pick up a bike (which I said is 100% local pickup only). I finally nail him down on the price, then he gives me some breakdown shipping charge & he’ll send me money in three payments. Any one deal with the scammer?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011615
Mobile Version of Website