anything to make our jumps rideable?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
anything to make our jumps rideable?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 2:20 Quote
ok its this time of year and our local jumps are soaked, unridable.. i havent been to them in about a month or 2 and they could also be flooded..

i think we chose the wrong place to build them..

but if they are very slippy would there be anything we could do to make them dryer or less slipy, like putting sand on for example would that work?

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 2:29 Quote
sand probably wont work effectively, i was thinking for my trails maybe a waterproof cover to put on them... or even just some big boards that could be lifted off before riding.

dunno really, just some suggestions

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 2:47 Quote
ok well thats good, we should have done that they are soakd now anyway but i think il do that, any more suggestions?

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 2:52 Quote
you cant reli do anything bout it m8 Smile unless move to south africa lol

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 2:54 Quote
haha.. aww, i think il go down 2day and chek them out. Razz

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 3:34 Quote
well if you're lucky you could make like a trench to flow the water out but thats if you're really lucky.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 4:00 Quote
go ride some street and let them dry out!!!

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 4:02 Quote
carpets! just stick carpets on ur jumps and u can ride when its damp and stuff.

i live in singapore and it rains pretty much everyday. but i still get to ride all the time because of the carpets. its just the run in thats a pain in the ass to ride when slippery

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 13:57 Quote
jallan wrote:
well if you're lucky you could make like a trench to flow the water out but thats if you're really lucky.

yeh we tried that after it 1st started to rain but the dirt isnt very deep and it never worked.

and sam theres no street in broughton and they wont dry until about spring lol.

nd yeh the carpets idea might work but wel need alot Razz thx

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 13:58 Quote
dig and make them even bigger/bigger/smoother while ther not rideable and then next year ride them when ther dry!

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 14:01 Quote
carpets are probobly your best bet, if you can be bothered dig irrigation channels and put planks over them so you dont fall in there

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 14:06 Quote
at a track near us all the berms got filled with water, what soem guys did was shove a pipe through he bottom of the berm directing the water behind the berm, and filled up the hole with stones so it was still rideable. i guess you could kinda do the same thing

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 17:34 Quote
atleast you get rain so you can make your jumps nice and shape them hell good. im praying for rain atm ha ah

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 17:41 Quote
See if you can get some old carpet that the places throw out as scrap then just lay it on the jump?

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 17:43 Quote
why dont you bury sharp rocks and nails in them....it helps with the grip

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015406
Mobile Version of Website