After thoughts on life cycles

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
After thoughts on life cycles
Previous Page |
Posted: Nov 1, 2010 at 6:32 Quote
discuss your thoughts and what ever else it is about life cycles that you liked or disliked.

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 at 0:09 Quote
The riding was awesome as expected. Some of the angles like where the bars were scraping on the dirt was very cool. The scene where they are hucking in the field was a little too long. imho, It didn't seem like it fit the movie.

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 at 3:04 Quote
monstertiki wrote:
The riding was awesome as expected. Some of the angles like where the bars were scraping on the dirt was very cool. The scene where they are hucking in the field was a little too long. imho, It didn't seem like it fit the movie.
+1

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 at 9:02 Quote
monstertiki wrote:
How does it compare to films like the collective and roam as well as more recent films like NWD10? What would you rate it out of 10?

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 at 11:35 Quote
phonk7 wrote:
monstertiki wrote:
How does it compare to films like the collective and roam as well as more recent films like NWD10? What would you rate it out of 10?

I haven't seen the collective in a while but I feel it is more of a huckfest something you can watch in the background while having people over or working on your bike. Although the quality of the collective was excellent at the time it was released, the production quality of life cycles is much better due to using newer technology in producing lifecycles. Lifecycles is more of a narrative, so you have to pay attention to get what the story is about. Make no mistake, the riding is lifecycles is pretty sick. But If I had to rate it 1-10 I'd give it a 7.75. The flat field where riders were coming from nowhere out of the cornfield should have been shortened... it was cool for like 30 seconds but than it seemed like it went on for ever.

Posted: Nov 4, 2010 at 14:30 Quote
any one know what the release date is or has it been released already?
where can i buy it from ?

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 at 1:53 Quote
yea, it is nothing like nwd10, nwd10 is full on action, this has a bit of a story to it and not so much riding, but when there is riding it is amazing and every so often the crowd laughs or just goes woooooow!

Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 17:11 Quote
Honestly I thought it was sick how it was more of an artsy film. The building section and the snow part were my favorite. They made me want to leave, and go ride!

Sick film all in all, It is definately worth seeing!

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 9:15 Quote
afterthought was, "wow i'm pleased they showed follow me too or i would have been majorly p#ssed"
Tries too hard to be arty and far too many close up shots of the ground/scenery etc. The film tries to pigeon hole itself as a film about a bike but there was a whole lot missing if that's supposed to be a bikes life journey, very poor.

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 9:54 Quote
hillman-hunter wrote:
afterthought was, "wow i'm pleased they showed follow me too or i would have been majorly p#ssed"
Tries too hard to be arty and far too many close up shots of the ground/scenery etc. The film tries to pigeon hole itself as a film about a bike but there was a whole lot missing if that's supposed to be a bikes life journey, very poor.

They played follow me after at our premier to.

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 at 19:36 Quote
just got my copy in the mail and watched it right away. i thought the beginningish where it kept changing seasons mid shot was a little overdone. i thought it was cool the first couple times but then it just got old and repetitive imo. other than that i thought it was great. the riding sections got me stoked to ride, the building sections got me stoked to build and the part where the guy is doing some maintenance on his bike got me stoked to build up the frame i just got.

overall good movietup

edit:
hillman-hunter wrote:
The film tries to pigeon hole itself as a film about a bike but there was a whole lot missing if that's supposed to be a bikes life journey
+1

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 12:49 Quote
better than follow me?

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 16:34 Quote
OliScale wrote:
better than follow me?

Not better but different, Its like comparing a downhill bike to a dj bike, their both good for their aspects of riding. Follow me was more action packed and non-stop riding, while life cycles was more focused on getting good shots, and sick segments. Life cycles was more artsy I would say. IMO they both kicked ass.

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 17:14 Quote
ritchierich wrote:
OliScale wrote:
better than follow me?

Not better but different, Its like comparing a downhill bike to a dj bike, their both good for their aspects of riding. Follow me was more action packed and non-stop riding, while life cycles was more focused on getting good shots, and sick segments. Life cycles was more artsy I would say. IMO they both kicked ass.
+1

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 17:23 Quote
life cycles was a great movies because it wasnt the typical bike movie. and the scene in the wheat field was really creative. made me wanna ride

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016016
Mobile Version of Website