After thoughts on life cycles

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
After thoughts on life cycles
Posted: Dec 18, 2010 at 22:31 Quote
Terrible bike movie, it was a movie aimed more towards a visual and scenery not so much on riding or the making of bike, I have to say I is a green thing its main focus was on nature and preservation of nature, not so much for awesome riding. Out of 10 I give it a 4 for bike movies. I would still love to shred some of the locations filmed though, UNSATISFIED

Posted: Dec 18, 2010 at 22:40 Quote
i didnt like it. too much movie, not enough extraordinary riding

Posted: Dec 18, 2010 at 23:16 Quote
really a one watch movie, the riding was sick, yet the moral was mixed and felt confused.

(i did watch it months ago at the premier)

Posted: Dec 19, 2010 at 10:13 Quote
I really enjoyed this film

its easily the best "film with bikes" I have ever seen

but not a "bike film" as such, if that makes sense?

if you are expecting something like Roam or NWD you will be disappointed

but if you want a beautifully made film featuring bikes based around the concept of atrophy (decay - the passing of time) then this is unlike anything ever made

I have a sad feeling its not going to be appreciated by many riders wanting a more action-orientated movie

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 15:42 Quote
I thought the cinematography of the film was pretty much perfect, i haven't seen anything like it.

I loved the part where the surroundings changed around the rider as he was travelling down the trail and the fact that they used the sound of the riders very well and a lot of full speed shots giving you more of a feel of the trail.

it might be just me, but i thought the sickest part of the film was when that guy (i think its mike hopkins) hits that huge hip not only was it huge but the filming of it was pretty epic

they could have easily attracted more people to the film, just using bigger jumps and more technical trails and they could have kept the incredible film work

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 17:46 Quote
I thought that Life Cycles was a pretty good movie though I didn't like how they tried to give bicycles a really deep meaning. To me, the actual riding is the deep part, not the thing I'm riding. Also, the computer effects used when they showed the changing seasons was pretty neat but, since it was used for a long period of time, it gave too much of a computer generated feel. Though that's just me.

On the positive side, I liked how they stepped out of the box of traditional biking films. Finally, I like the building and farm scenes. Seeing guys fly out of fields was pretty awesome.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 18:06 Quote
Overall i enjoyed the movie, but was also a bit disappointed. They needed more parts like Cam and Brandons, and less timelapses of trees and stuff. I'm not saying i didnt appreciate the work that went into it, the editing was amazing, but i was somewhat disappointed after all the hype it received. If they'd had 1/2 the amount of timelapses/scenery and used that extra time for riding then it would have been an absolutely amazing movie.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 21:41 Quote
Still have not recieved it...

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 4:31 Quote
I received my Blu-Ray this week and it is absolutely stunning to watch in High-Definition

I have large collection (170+) of Blu Ray movies and Life Cycles is one of the best in terms of sheer picture quality

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 at 11:25 Quote
why hasnt mine come yet Frown

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 at 9:12 Quote
the narrator said he cried when his first bike broke and that his "first bike had become a part of him". i think riding became a part of him, not his broken bike.

Posted: Mar 1, 2011 at 17:40 Quote
Hey sorry to grave dig, but I really want to pick up a copy of Life Cycles on Blu Ray. Is it a double disc set including a DVD disc? I would like to rip it to my computer to watch on my Zune.

If I download it in HD off of iTunes can i stream it via PS3? And is it DMR'd?

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 2:21 Quote
no, it comes as a single disc in the HD Blu-Ray format

the DVD is a seperate purchase

Posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 23:47 Quote
valtra wrote:
Hey sorry to grave dig, but I really want to pick up a copy of Life Cycles on Blu Ray. Is it a double disc set including a DVD disc? I would like to rip it to my computer to watch on my Zune.

If I download it in HD off of iTunes can i stream it via PS3? And is it DMR'd?

You cannot stream it to your PS3 from your iTunes account. However there *may* be a program that might allow you to strip the DRM from the video and convert it into a format that will work on your PS3.

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 0:14 Quote
It's on the playstation store. look in sports. $9.99

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.024729
Mobile Version of Website