Post your computer's Specs, and discuss improvements.

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
Post your computer's Specs, and discuss improvements.
Author Message
Posted: Mar 8, 2017 at 14:36 Quote
Corsair K70 is the best keyboard I never used... The RGB is expensive, but the no-RGB is like 100$CAN.

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 18:41 Quote
So I've been selling stuff and saving money for a new box. This is my projected build (going to be mostly used for dumping raw footage, editing and rendering videos for my wife's business, and for 1080p gaming). Needed it to be as small as possible for portability and to keep it from being too much of an eyesore on my new clean deskspace.

I'm super excited to try out Ryzen.

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 3:28 Quote
digitalflowseo wrote:
I know no one cares, but I have a new laptop and I'm really happy with that as I had been using 7 years (yep) old Acer before.
I was considering MacBook Pro, as all my friends are on mac, but then I decided to give a chance to Dell and purchased the XPS 15 with 4k touch display with the 84 whr battery. Works great and the battery lasts 6 - 7 hours (Mac is better in this field, I know...). But since I'm usually not gaming or playing videos ( I'm an online marketer actually, this is my website - I'm just building it so please no need to insult me (or you can insult me, I don't care haha), it's not even remotely finished yet.
So kudoz to Dell!

Well done ! If you take a look inside the macbook you will find the same components Wink

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 1:32 Quote
LindLTaylor wrote:
So I've been selling stuff and saving money for a new box. This is my projected build (going to be mostly used for dumping raw footage, editing and rendering videos for my wife's business, and for 1080p gaming). Needed it to be as small as possible for portability and to keep it from being too much of an eyesore on my new clean deskspace.

I'm super excited to try out Ryzen.

Tried it yet?

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 5:38 Quote
Dude. It's flipping amazing.

My gaming/streaming/recording/video editing rig
My wife's machine

I was gaming around 80fps with my RX 480 before upgrading from my 8320E cpu to Ryzen. I get over 144fps (my monitor's refresh rate) in almost everything now except for a few games that are either poorly optimized or being bottlenecked by the 480.

I can record and stream simultaneously with OBS without losing frames (720p @ 30fps, 2500mbps) or I can take a 20 fps drop and record 720p 60fps @ 5000mbps. I recorded my clan's ops night last night for nearly two hours without any performance degradation.

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 12:20 Quote
Nice! I was looking at those recently.

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 13:00 Quote
Mini-ITX master race! I have a Silverstone FTZ-01--I know, it's chunky--I picked up used a couple years ago. I didn't know I wanted one until I had it in my hands.

I almost wish I had waited for Ryzen. Ended up buying a 4790k...then a Z97 board...then had to upgrade to 16GB RAM. Could have spent less overall doing that all at once with Ryzen/X370/DDR4. The 4790k is great, I don't stream, I don't do any heavy processing--the hardest it ever works is in Squad. I expect everything to be multithreaded soon enough that Ryzen CPUs will outrun i7s in practically all tasks.

What clock are you running on your 1700?

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 14:45 Quote
Creegz wrote:
Nice! I was looking at those recently.

My builds specifically, or just parts?

GlennM907 wrote:
Mini-ITX master race! I have a Silverstone FTZ-01--I know, it's chunky--I picked up used a couple years ago. I didn't know I wanted one until I had it in my hands.

I almost wish I had waited for Ryzen. Ended up buying a 4790k...then a Z97 board...then had to upgrade to 16GB RAM. Could have spent less overall doing that all at once with Ryzen/X370/DDR4. The 4790k is great, I don't stream, I don't do any heavy processing--the hardest it ever works is in Squad. I expect everything to be multithreaded soon enough that Ryzen CPUs will outrun i7s in practically all tasks.

What clock are you running on your 1700?

Since you're mostly doing single-thread stuff, you're really not missing out on much performance yet and I'm sure you saved a fair amount by getting that 4790k.

I'm running at stock clocks- I haven't bothered OC'ing it yet (haven't needed to). I ghetto-rigged my C7 with a Noctua NF-P14s by taping the fan to the outer case. It sits exactly where the original fan was on the cooler. Call it sheer dumb luck but it's so much more quiet now that I've done this and taken my time to set up a proper fan curve. I still get up to 75c at full benchmark load, but it's a much more bearable experience listening to the NF-P14s purr rather than the C7 fan screaming.

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 22:40 Quote
Just traded some cash for a used XFX 480. I turned a 10377 3D Passmark with it. My 770 was undervolted and underclocked to 1054mhz and did about 6100. Bit of an upgrade.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 5:09 Quote
Little bit!

I'd actually consider selling that graphics card if I were you. They're going for near $400 on eBay because of ethereum mining.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 9:04 Quote
Not your build but just those processors. @LindLTaylor.
I'm a year away from a new computer so...who knows what I'll end up with. Probably go back to Intel as per usual.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 13:12 Quote
I know. I have considered it for 2 reasons. 1, I can already tell I'll need 8GB for even for 1080p soon, and 2, I'll need more power. As strong as it is, and as well as the 770 treated me even yesterday before I had the 480. Ffs, I could sell it for enough to buy a 1070. Not that I would... I'd hold out for Vega. I think.

I feel bad for the guy who sold me the card though. He posted on CL for $175. Dropped to $165 a couple days later. That's what I paid. XFX RS, 4GB RX480.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, or something. And I can't complain performance-per-dollar for what it is to me now.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 20:01 Quote
Creegz wrote:
Not your build but just those processors. @LindLTaylor.
I'm a year away from a new computer so...who knows what I'll end up with. Probably go back to Intel as per usual.

I think Intel and AMD are going to be two very different creatures than they are now within a year's time.

GlennM907 wrote:
I know. I have considered it for 2 reasons. 1, I can already tell I'll need 8GB for even for 1080p soon, and 2, I'll need more power. As strong as it is, and as well as the 770 treated me even yesterday before I had the 480. Ffs, I could sell it for enough to buy a 1070. Not that I would... I'd hold out for Vega. I think.

I feel bad for the guy who sold me the card though. He posted on CL for $175. Dropped to $165 a couple days later. That's what I paid. XFX RS, 4GB RX480.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, or something. And I can't complain performance-per-dollar for what it is to me now.

I personally was going to do the same thing, except I'm willing to bet that between first-day investors and the mining craze, Vega is going to be snapped up by the miners faster than one of us can say "bitcoin".

Posted: Jul 12, 2017 at 5:03 Quote
HELP! how to backup deleted images from desktop? the bin is empty

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 0:31 Quote
Awerol wrote:
HELP! how to backup deleted images from desktop? the bin is empty

At this site you'll find the necessary information on how to recover the deleted files (music, photos) from your PC. You can also try recuva but as for me it has too complicated interface. Before recovering the photos it's better to scan your computer.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017727
Mobile Version of Website