Post your computer's Specs, and discuss improvements.

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
Post your computer's Specs, and discuss improvements.
Posted: Aug 2, 2017 at 17:25 Quote
Creegz wrote:
Nice @debonis!

Who needs relationships when you have computer parts!

I plan on a new GPU before the end of August.

not sure if I wanna wait out for AMDs Vega or not...or just get a 1070..

although I imagine 1070s and 1080s will drop a bit in price when they are released...

Posted: Aug 2, 2017 at 19:20 Quote
I'm gonna spring for Vega 56 in two weeks. I'm kinda excited for it.

Posted: Aug 2, 2017 at 19:47 Quote
updated speccy, unsure of because it being a new platform but Speccy is only reading my RAM at 1064Mhz and it's rated for 3000Mhz

Posted: Aug 2, 2017 at 22:24 Quote
debonis wrote:
updated speccy, unsure of because it being a new platform but Speccy is only reading my RAM at 1064Mhz and it's rated for 3000Mhz

Speccy only shows your real clock speed. Your effective speed is 3000, basically you take your real (1064x2 = 2128 aka effective) Just Google it, you will find tones of the same question!

Posted: Aug 3, 2017 at 1:26 Quote
LindLTaylor wrote:
I had an AM3+ board before, was just wondering. As a platform, I wouldn't invest in it from the ground up now that we have AM4, so I just wanted to make sure.

What did you upgrade from?

I had AMD 1045T .... benchmark says from 4849 to 7508, not bad

Posted: Aug 3, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
seems I'm gonna have to contact support about reactivating my copy of Win 10 Pro

it says to sign in to my PC as an Admin with my linked MS account, which I have done but it's not seeing it keeps saying "unable to activate windows"

Edit:

so, had a MS support guy take remote access and with some MS tool he had , reactivated my Win 10 for me and I now have an actual product Key for it.

Posted: Aug 3, 2017 at 23:32 Quote
debonis wrote:
seems I'm gonna have to contact support about reactivating my copy of Win 10 Pro

That happens when you switch to another motherboard (because Win license is "made" using hardware id).

Changing CPU gives no problem.

Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 14:29 Quote
bikingalltheway wrote:
debonis wrote:

Speccy only shows your real clock speed. Your effective speed is 3000, basically you take your real (1064x2 = 2128 aka effective) Just Google it, you will find tones of the same question!

So, if I'm in a demanding thing such as a game, it should go up in relativeness to what it needs to to run whatever it is I'm doing?

I mean, my Motherboard supports 2933+Mhz modules...I was jsut curious as to why I wasn't seeing full (or half) clock speed on Speccy or CPU-Z....of my Modules 3000Mhz

Yet, on my Old MoBo and DDR3 setup, it always showed 799Mhz for my 1600Mhz clocked DDR3 modules.

Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 18:13 Quote
Did you enable XMP in your bios? If you don't, it'll just clock to whatever default clock speed the mobo defaults to.

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 17:00 Quote
LindLTaylor wrote:
Did you enable XMP in your bios? If you don't, it'll just clock to whatever default clock speed the mobo defaults to.

not yet...also looked in my MoBo manual at the DIMM slot specs, I should run them in the other two slots, apparently.

So, after upgrades, I've got almost a complete PC leftover, minus a PSU, case and a DVD drive. Although, I do have an old 450w flat PSU out of an old Dell server rig (Xeon based PC with dual CPU slots, SCSI drives and RAMBUS Memory) that may or maynot work, I think the mainboard connector is different.

What should I do with it? I was thinking since hte MoBo is a micro-ATX of building it up and using one of the busted PS2 or Xboxes I have as a donor case.

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 17:02 Quote
If you can casemod it and make it work, that'd be pretty cool. The power connector for that server PSU is in fact different, so it won't work, but a decent PSU isn't going to be terribly expensive.

I'd check out reddit.com/r/hardwareswap or head to CL to get your space almost-box moved, if you don't want to keep it around.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 7:05 Quote
Sup guys, here's my wee PC.
Few components getting on a bit now, but still chews through all modern titles no problem!

Used to be big in to the PC modding community, had a custom CPU/GPU watercooling loop for a while.
Bit out of the game at the moment, had some catching up to do at the beginning of the year when my old ivy bridge mobo died, so I had to upgrade.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 8:31 Quote
So, I know I'm getting a new card soon (1070 or a Vega) but my current GPU has been running rather warm lately..I checked the fans, both are working and pretty clean. My side panel fan even blows onto teh GPU...so...I'm a bit lost as to why it's running at 52c.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 17:49 Quote
Which GPU and who makes it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005820
Mobile Version of Website