Post your computer's Specs, and discuss improvements.

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
Post your computer's Specs, and discuss improvements.
Posted: Aug 16, 2016 at 14:35 Quote
Seriously need a Proper HDD setup...I was low on storage and just scavenged a HDD from a dead PVR we had lying around. (MoBo was shot) lol at least it's a SATA drive....Can't afford a proper HDD at the moment...

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://image.prntscr.com/image/0cd74879d1a64629b43b4c1d011eb2aa.png

Oh yea, also upgraded to Win 10 in the last few days of the free upgrade...only problem I"ve been having is my USB ports randomly turn off for no reason...sometimes they come right back on..sometimes it requires a hard reboot. Annoying as f*ck. I reinstalled my MoBo USB 3.0 drivers, so I'm hoping that fixed it.

Posted: Aug 17, 2016 at 21:00 Quote
Reinstall your chipset drivers. It may not have a proper driver, but maybe the Microsoft one will suffice.

Also, I do that with drives all the time.

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 13:36 Quote
I've updated/reinstalled USB/chipset drivers but I still have the issue....dunno what it is. Confused

Posted: Oct 1, 2016 at 19:15 Quote
Maybe try updating the firmware on the mobo if it's not at the latest version?

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 at 3:34 Quote
paul-bee wrote:
You've got a 1080, but that image is 240 Razz

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 at 13:35 Quote
Tier1 wrote:
Maybe try updating the firmware on the mobo if it's not at the latest version?

I have a Gigabyte MoBo, so I downloaded the Gigabyte Firmware Utility from their website,...but everytime I launch the Setup.exe I get an error during the setup process saying it could not be completed as I need to update the Gigabyte App Center utility first, which I already have fully updated.

I've updated the Bios and everything else on the MoBo...not sure what else to do.

Posted: Oct 10, 2016 at 16:26 Quote
Finally said f*ckit...downloading Installation media to a USB drive and performing a clean install of 10.

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 11:15 Quote
Anyone know of a way to be able to choose which OS to launch at start up when they are on diffrrent drives? Obviously you can go through bios and change the boot drive but for some reason I've never understood my monitor doesn't display bios, unless I have the cable plugged into the motherboard instead of the graphics card

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 13:08 Quote
First screen you see during bootup usually has keys listed at the bottom for various functions...BIOS being one of them. Booting into BIOS is different for each system, but it's usually F8,F10 or F12 or Delete.

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 13:12 Quote
debonis wrote:
First screen you see during bootup usually has keys listed at the bottom for various functions...BIOS being one of them. Booting into BIOS is different for each system, but it's usually F8,F10 or F12 or Delete.
I know but the screen literally doesn't display the bios. I've been plugging my computer into my girlfriend's monitor to get onto my 2nd OS but it's not ideal. Easiest fix would probably be getting a new monitor but trying not to spend right now

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 23:41 Quote
It's not a problem of monitor ... probably the splash screen of videocard is enabled.

Turn on your pc and press canc (or F8 or F2 or F10) continuosly till you enter the bios.
There should be an option to set the seconds which bios will be displayed waiting a button to be pressed.

Let me understand ... you have a vga card in your pci-express slot and you still use the vga integrated on your mobo?

Posted: Oct 12, 2016 at 4:09 Quote
It is a monitor problem. To display bios on my own monitor (well TV, probably doesn't have the right display range for a PC) I have to leave the graphics card in the pci slot but remove the power cables from it and plug the display cable into the motherboard slot. It works fine on other monitors.

I'm asking if there is away to choose which OS to use on boot up in a similar way to if you had them both installed on the same drive, as in the picture below.Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/650x370xdual-boot-windows-8-and-windows-7.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.HYJdMvtkjh.pngUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/640x403x21dual.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.tNG10y9a_9.png

Posted: Oct 12, 2016 at 4:25 Quote
Theoretically, those screens should come up the same way with two OS' installed on different drives as they do with having two OS' on the same physical drive on separate partitions, because the mobo should recognize two partitions as two separate drives. Have you already tried installing to two different drives?

It seems to me that the other problem is the graphics card not recognizing your TV as a display until after you load into your OS and the drivers can fully utilize the card. There probably isn't much to be done about it except possibly flashing your BIOS or doing some other sort of firmware update to your card (if an update is available at all).

Posted: Oct 12, 2016 at 21:37 Quote
Got a new video card! Picked up an Asus ROG 1070 STRIX. Pretty happy and now ready for BF1. Its also nice to finally game in 1440p and 144hz.
photo
photo

Posted: Oct 13, 2016 at 10:14 Quote
Butchered reply, apologies in advance

Theoretically, those screens should come up the same way with two OS' installed on different drives as they do with having two OS' on the same physical drive on separate partitions, because the mobo should recognize two partitions as two separate drives. Have you already tried installing to two different drives?

I never thought of it that way but it makes sense. However as far as I can remember my bios asks for a boot drive rather than a boot partition. I don't have any spare drives to try that with unfortunately. I could alternatively try and shuffle my stuff around so that both OSs inhabit the smaller SSD and the rest of the important stuff can go on the larger one, but honestly rather I'd rather not.

It seems to me that the other problem is the graphics card not recognizing your TV as a display until after you load into your OS and the drivers can fully utilize the card. There probably isn't much to be done about it except possibly flashing your BIOS or doing some other sort of firmware update to your card (if an update is available at all).

Could be something like that, it has done it since I built the PC over 3 years ago and I've just kinda ignored it but it's more of a pest now. The card does display the splash screen but if you were to use any of the options to change priority or to go into bios you go blind.

This is all probably a case of the thing I'm looking for doesn't exist and I should just get over it tbh, just the way my PC works is making that a pain

Nice card those, I was looking at discounted 970s myself as I think my next upgrade would be a graphics card. Maybe a monitor at the same time...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.035646
Mobile Version of Website