Which Pedals?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Which Pedals?
Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 13:33 Quote
I dont know about you Sunday4life, but for me I like to keep my feet on the pedals and gripping when im riding it. Different pedals might help that, and I sure as hell dont have the money to buy and try every set of pedals I see that look like they would ride good.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 13:38 Quote
Simulation93 wrote:
I dont know about you Sunday4life, but for me I like to keep my feet on the pedals and gripping when im riding it. Different pedals might help that, and I sure as hell dont have the money to buy and try every set of pedals I see that look like they would ride good.
All plastic pedals are good, except the oddy glow in the dark ones, and i dont know about the reubens or the premiums yet but i have had opotunity to try quite a few others and there si not as much difference as it seems, and even if one is a little different it doesn't take more than a few minutes to get used to it.

So just man up and try one, at the end of the day, its a tenner, and im sure if you hated them that much you could swap them with someone else at the local park for another pair you like more.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 13:43 Quote
robloveshiskona wrote:
Simulation93 wrote:
All plastic pedals are good, except the oddy glow in the dark ones, and i dont know about the reubens or the premiums yet but i have had opotunity to try quite a few others and there si not as much difference as it seems, and even if one is a little different it doesn't take more than a few minutes to get used to it.

So just man up and try one, at the end of the day, its a tenner, and im sure if you hated them that much you could swap them with someone else at the local park for another pair you like more.

True, and I get your point. But I didnt mean JUST plastic pedals when I posted that. I actually really like metal pedals and to try alot of those out can get VERY expensive. But the same deal with plastic, I dont want to order 9 sets of pedals and learn that I only want to ride 2 of them. I'd rather do research first. That kind of avoids dropping 80 bucks on pedals I dont like and cant return because I rode them.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 13:55 Quote
Simulation93 wrote:
robloveshiskona wrote:
Simulation93 wrote:

True, and I get your point. But I didnt mean JUST plastic pedals when I posted that. I actually really like metal pedals and to try alot of those out can get VERY expensive. But the same deal with plastic, I dont want to order 9 sets of pedals and learn that I only want to ride 2 of them. I'd rather do research first. That kind of avoids dropping 80 bucks on pedals I dont like and cant return because I rode them.
Good point, Metal wise it is a whole different ball game really, i can recommend V'8's as a good basic pedal, and the sealed trail mix are nice to but aside from that i don't really know, all i know is that if you want grip and strength and cheap ness, git some of these
photo
Ive had 2 pairs since the star of 09 on 2 different bikes (my freeride bike and my BMX), and i have not had to replace the bearings in them yet tup

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 13:59 Quote
Those are looking very good for a pedal option! I currently have sunline v3's and they have got to be the worst pedals I have ridden. Not very grippy, Pins fallout easy, pins are too short, pins are also very weak and bend easily. But worst of all they have to got to have THE worlds worst bearings!

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 14:05 Quote
Simulation93 wrote:
Those are looking very good for a pedal option! I currently have sunline v3's and they have got to be the worst pedals I have ridden. Not very grippy, Pins fallout easy, pins are too short, pins are also very weak and bend easily. But worst of all they have to got to have THE worlds worst bearings!
Is it wet where you ride or do you regularly get wet feet? because if you do you will get no grip on plastic pedals, at all.
Dk's a nice plastics by the way, nice platform, thin body good grip Wink
photo

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 14:09 Quote
Just get JCPC's!!! They are great... grippy yet light weight. Replaceable pins and pedal bodies (1/2 at a time). No bearings and they come packed with grease and spin smoothly and quietly.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 14:57 Quote
Animal Steve Hamilton unsealed pedals are amazing

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 15:14 Quote
its about 50/50 my feet wet and not. usually its in the beginning of the season or the end when they get wet. I should be good and can switch from my lo-pro's then and pc's in the summer.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 15:59 Quote
Simulation93 wrote:
almost if not all plastics grip the same... if you look for metals you can almost tell buy looking at where the pins are placed and how many pins there are how they are gonna grip..

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 16:03 Quote
Simulation93 wrote:
its about 50/50 my feet wet and not. usually its in the beginning of the season or the end when they get wet. I should be good and can switch from my lo-pro's then and pc's in the summer.

Are you talking about the Specialized Lo-Pro mags?

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 16:10 Quote
yes I am reffering to the Specialized Lo-Pro Mag II's

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 16:13 Quote
Simulation93 wrote:
yes I am reffering to the Specialized Lo-Pro Mag II's

I used those for a while, but after switching to the JCPC's I now use, I realized the grip sucked Razz The lo-pros feel like they are built up in the middle rather than concave. The pedal body is also a bit small I think.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 16:24 Quote
yeah, there isnt a whole lot of real estate on that pedal.

Posted: Nov 16, 2010 at 11:49 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
Just get JCPC's!!! They are great... grippy yet light weight. Replaceable pins and pedal bodies (1/2 at a time). No bearings and they come packed with grease and spin smoothly and quietly.

Do you know were i can buy the replaceable pins from and what ones ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019467
Mobile Version of Website