Norco faze 3 query

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco faze 3 query
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 7:32 Quote
hi all. I've just bought myself a 2010 norco faze 3 as i am a beginner to be used as an everyday bike and for riding trails. With the boys i know i tend to do quite a bit of downhilling and have previously borrowed their bikes to have a go (my previous bike being a GT avalanche 3.0), a marin quake and commencal mini dh, and was wondering if i could customise the norco to withstand more downhill related riding, whether it be slightly more robust forks or better shock. Wasn't sure whether or not it may simply be a better option to eventually buy a full DH bike once i get more into the sport. As i am only really just starting out i am unsure of the tolerances of the frame, whether it can even withstand these forces.

Any help would be great.
Rob

Posted: Nov 13, 2010 at 18:41 Quote
The Faze is not a DH bike. The frame would not be able to withstand the abuse of DH riding, or the extra stress that a longer travel shock would apply to the frame. You have an awesome XC and trail bike, enjoy it for what it is, but if you want to DH then you need something different. If you want one bike to do both then I would suggest looking at something more like the Range from norco.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008285
Mobile Version of Website