Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 13:51 Quote
hardtailssuck wrote:
Hey boys and girls,

are there any major differences between the 2014 and 2020 Summums? Someone told me it was mainly the rear linkage and the rest stayed the same. Is that true? If so, would one be able to update a 2016 to a 2020 quite easily?

I have a 2016. I have changed to the upgraded upper linkage (from silverfish) they added circlips on the bearings so the plates cannot drift on the linkage plate and hit the frame. Also the bolts in the lower link I changed, they were hollow (I snapped one) they are now solid. Finally I changed the rear shock to the more current DHX2. I dont think the carbon parts changed other than colour.

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
Thanks Chuvak,

I’ll give them a try.

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
Hi guys do all mondraker summum have the same headset bearings?? Cheers

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 7:25 Quote
Any comments on new 2022 Summum?

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 10:01 Quote
Can Only comment on the alum model but the bike is great so far. needs a little more chain slap protection but that's nit picking.

Posted: Mar 14, 2022 at 6:07 Quote
Has anyone mulleted (carbon) Summum?
I own 2018 pro team version and was wondering if 29" fork and wheel would fit or if it'd require some jedi mind tricks.
Cheers ✋

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 0:56 Quote
What size of damper bushings do I need for a 2018 Summum Pro (Al) frame? 22x8 mm?
Thanks, Seb

O+
Posted: May 23, 2022 at 1:58 Quote
xdocent wrote:
Has anyone mulleted (carbon) Summum?
I own 2018 pro team version and was wondering if 29" fork and wheel would fit or if it'd require some jedi mind tricks.
Cheers ✋

Look up Laurie Greenland and / or brook Macdonald bike check from a few years ago
They were running mullets in the WC.

Angleset to steeper the head angle and eccentric bottom bracket to lower the bb back down where it goes.

Posted: Nov 6, 2022 at 0:08 Quote
My Summum should have had the MIND system parts but it's soon 1 year without them. Has anyone heard that anyone had received them?

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2022 at 8:44 Quote
No, My crafty came with out them as well no word back from Stoked Canada or Mondraker.

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 3:22 Quote
FrostyMugKiller wrote:
No, My crafty came with out them as well no word back from Stoked Canada or Mondraker.

Any updates on your side? Here's nothing.

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 4:58 Quote
Negative. Nothing Back from Stoked Canada or calls answered.
Mondraker just said it wasn't available outside of the EU.

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 19:45 Quote
Looking at a secondhand summum R 29 in
XL.
The geo sizing doesn’t look as big as new v5 supreme. Should I factor in short stem of mondraker v other bikes when considering Reach?
I’m 6’2 btw

Posted: Mar 3, 2024 at 6:46 Quote
Hey guys,
I have an issue with the UPPER linkage system,
When I tighten the bolts a very noticeable friction appears which eventually causes squeaking and also loosening the bolts and clutter.

I have a summum carbon 2018, I replaced the upper linkage kit and the bearing. Everything is mounted according to the manual and it just doesn't help.

Do you have any ideas what's causing this issue?

Posted: Mar 3, 2024 at 7:39 Quote
Are u sure that you didn't forget anything? Part 14 is oriented properly, like on the picture?
PB is under maintenance and pictures don't upload. Check link for screenshot https://ibb.co/qyt2jM1

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012675
Mobile Version of Website