Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
ricchirock wrote:
29er wheels on summum carbon?
With adjustable chainstay rear wheel will fit with no problems... Fox 49 or boxxer 29 to fit front wheel...
But bb will be a little raised up.
Any ideas to lower it? Fit a 216x63 shock?

Just find a friendly machinist to mill some lug clearance in your 27.5 fork bridge.
Then you get that reduced offset everyone is talking about

Have an offset through bushing made for the top eyelet of shock maybe bottom too for press fit without the bushings as the links have ball bearings anyways.

Then all youll need is the wheels!

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
englertracing wrote:
ricchirock wrote:
With adjustable chainstay rear wheel will fit with no problems... Fox 49 or boxxer 29 to fit front wheel...

Just find a friendly machinist to mill some lug clearance in your 27.5 fork bridge.

Have an offset through bushing made for the top eyelet of shock maybe bottom too for press fit without the bushings as the links have ball bearings anyways.

Great!
these bushings have 2mm offset each, so 4mm could be ok
https://www.offsetbushings.com/collections/all/products/offset-bushings-pair

on Bikemarkt are selling this:

Small size frame...

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
ricchirock wrote:
englertracing wrote:
ricchirock wrote:

Great!
these bushings have 2mm offset each, so 4mm could be ok
https://www.offsetbushings.com/collections/all/products/offset-bushings-pair

on Bikemarkt are selling this:

Small size frame...
You have got to make sure they press in and cant rotate, they will want to rotate because the links have bearings

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 0:48 Quote
exactly, maybe I need some custom offset bushings/spacers. Thanks

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 2:00 Quote
what size summum are yous riding at 6ft tall? i’m about to buy one and don’t know if i should be large or extra large

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 15:52 Quote
jamesdickie91 wrote:
what size summum are yous riding at 6ft tall? i’m about to buy one and don’t know if i should be large or extra large

im 5'8 riding medium

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 13:48 Quote
Anyone know what size shock bushings I need for a 2019 summum carbon?

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 0:31 Quote
jonty4 wrote:
Anyone know what size shock bushings I need for a 2019 summum carbon?

22,2x8

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
what springs you’s using? i am roughly 80kg or 176lbs . my large summum came with 550 on a dhx2, i’ve tried a 500 which gives me pretty much bang on 30% sag but it feels sluggish and think i prefer the 550 with minimal sag

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 2:29 Quote
jamesdickie91 wrote:
what springs you’s using? i am roughly 80kg or 176lbs . my large summum came with 550 on a dhx2, i’ve tried a 500 which gives me pretty much bang on 30% sag but it feels sluggish and think i prefer the 550 with minimal sag

I weigh about the same and I'm on a 525 mate, feels lively but doesn't blow through travel

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 16:04 Quote
jamesdickie91 wrote:

At 180lbs you should be on a 500 spring according to mondraker.
Sag should be set at 35% too as the frame has quite a progressive stroke. Mine hugs the ground and rails corners and still pops off of jumps amazingly, I'm 155 lbs on a 400 spring with 35% sag. The frame does allow a softer spring to be used because of the ramp up at the end of the stroke, giving awesome small bump compliance. Try it......

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 13:45 Quote
jonty4 wrote:
jamesdickie91 wrote:

I weigh about the same and I'm on a 525 mate, feels lively but doesn't blow through travel

cheers mate. a 525 seems the ideal compromise to be honest. i feel like i proper blow through the travel on the 500

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 22:46 Quote
Hi guys does anyone have any standard 63deg geo headset cups spare. My mates bike came without them which was fine for his dvos but he's got set of 40s going on and we can't find a reducer headset big enough. We both ride 2015/16 summums
Cheers guys.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 22:03 Quote
Has anyone here tried a mullet set up? Did it feel any better or worse than stock?

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 23:43 Quote
mavman67 wrote:
Hi guys does anyone have any standard 63deg geo headset cups spare. My mates bike came without them which was fine for his dvos but he's got set of 40s going on and we can't find a reducer headset big enough. We both ride 2015/16 summums
Cheers guys.

Works components does have them, email them. They were working on 1.5* too, should be ready by now

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007228
Mobile Version of Website