Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 21:20 Quote
Gentlemen, I am about to buy 2020 summum R alu frameset and I can't decide which size should I chose. I am an owner of 2012 summum pro team L size and I couldn't find Reach measurement for it. I'm 185cm tall and I can't decide between L and XL. I just don't want to keep my weight on the front wheel on steep sections and at the same time I need to be able to lean back and rise the from wheel. So I am confused. Can you help with advice?
And if someone has reach data for 2012-2013 alu summum, that would be great. I have measured mine, but it would be great to compare my data with others

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
Boomermtb wrote:
Has anyone here tried a mullet set up? Did it feel any better or worse than stock?

I did it on my V10. Been struggling on the 29er big rig. Swapped the rear out and felt right at home. Thinking of doing the same to the mondraker.

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 23:14 Quote
I have a question about removing a shock and bearing replacement. As far as shock utilizes spacers 43 it is impossible to remove upper shock eyelet from upper links without losening pivot bolts 16 and 42. But there is a problem. I psysically can't securely insert 6mm allen wrench in detail's 16 sockets because of the shock. And I can't remove shock because I need to losen detail 16. Can you explain me the algorithm how to do that?

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 23:29 Quote
Have not needed a wrench for the back myself...

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 1:12 Quote
Chuvak wrote:
Gentlemen, I am about to buy 2020 summum R alu frameset and I can't decide which size should I chose. I am an owner of 2012 summum pro team L size and I couldn't find Reach measurement for it. I'm 185cm tall and I can't decide between L and XL. I just don't want to keep my weight on the front wheel on steep sections and at the same time I need to be able to lean back and rise the from wheel. So I am confused. Can you help with advice?
And if someone has reach data for 2012-2013 alu summum, that would be great. I have measured mine, but it would be great to compare my data with others

Sorry I can't help you with the reach question, but before buying anything ( maybe you already did) I'll send an email or call mondraker asking them when they plan to release the new bike. Looks fairly production ready. I' from mobile and can't upload pictures, but there is one on Vital ( not a "spy" shot).

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 5:53 Quote
ORTOGONAL555 wrote:
Sorry I can't help you with the reach question, but before buying anything ( maybe you already did) I'll send an email or call mondraker asking them when they plan to release the new bike. Looks fairly production ready. I' from mobile and can't upload pictures, but there is one on Vital ( not a "spy" shot).
Man, you're a little bit late. I have already purchased brand new 2018 summum pro team carbon L size. waiting for crankset to arrive this week, but seems this size fits well. Can't wait for first suturday ride

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 16:45 Quote
Hi guys, I want to purchase a Summum R 2020 and want to swap the fork from another bike. Anyone with this bike can tell me how long is the steerer of the fork cut ?
https://www.mondraker.com/sk/en/2020-summum-r
Thank you Smile

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 13:07 Quote
Hi, already posted in the Mondraker thread but as this is a bit more specific here’s my 2020 R. Owned for about 6 months now from new. It’s an XL as I am 6ft 5” and fits great. I went down the 27.5 route having ridden a 29er trail bike for a year. The 29er just felt a bit odd and cumbersome for me. Previously rode an Intense 951 for years which was fine but technology has moved on, and for the better it would seem. Feels super stable and nimble in the steep rock gardens and roots. Can’t wait for the bike parks to open again to get back out on it.

Only thing I wish Mavic had done was to keep the yellow lettering on the Deemax, they looked nicer IMO.

Only bits bought for it so far were Shimano Saint flats and some frame protector film.

photo

photo
photo

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 6:07 Quote
Nice bike dude. Wanted to switch my 2013 pro team frame to this, but suddenly found an ex-display 2018 carbon one in British store, with a good discount. April photo, now it has a black chain guide and looks finished.

New frame

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 19:28 Quote
Chuvak wrote:
Nice bike dude. Wanted to switch my 2013 pro team frame to this, but suddenly found an ex-display 2018 carbon one in British store, with a good discount. April photo, now it has a black chain guide and looks finished.

New frame

nice bike i had a 2018 carbon last yeah and one of the best bike ive ridden

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 19:28 Quote
Chuvak wrote:

New frame

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 12:38 Quote
Hey boys and girls,

are there any major differences between the 2014 and 2020 Summums? Someone told me it was mainly the rear linkage and the rest stayed the same. Is that true? If so, would one be able to update a 2016 to a 2020 quite easily?

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 14:24 Quote
Does anyone know where I can get a derailleur hanger in North America? It’s the M063.
I tried ordering one from qarv imports but they dont have anymore in stock.

Thanks

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 19:13 Quote
Can't help about NA continent, but it's available here https://www.pure-bike.co.uk/derailleur-hanger-m063-for-summum-carbon?seg=1&scc=2101868&cnt=5060653

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.627511
Mobile Version of Website