Tr450 or M9

PB Forum :: Downhill
Tr450 or M9
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 12:36 Quote
I am looking at getting a new dh bike and my options are the Transition Tr450 or the new Intense M9. I am kinda a set up and go kind of guy so I'm not sure about all the adjustments on the M9 and whether ill actually ever mess with them. Also the Tr450 would have a slightly nicer build for the same price.

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 14:13 Quote
if your building up a bike just to rip on and down some racing on go for the tr450. its proven on the race course that its on the same level as the big boys with out being overly complex. the TR is kinda set it and forget it, while the M9 is set it ride, tweek, ride , get the perfect set up for that track, then repeat for other tracks, or you can so the set and forget

Posted: Nov 17, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
How on earth would you know that Remedy?..............hardly anyone has ridden an M9 yet and those that have ridden it havnt said much.
Id love to hear where you got that opinion about constant tweaking from

Posted: Nov 17, 2010 at 13:35 Quote
My-Shadow wrote:
How on earth would you know that Remedy?..............hardly anyone has ridden an M9 yet and those that have ridden it havnt said much.

I agree it sounds like bs,

You cant really get an opinion on here, you will just have to test both of them on the hill and see what one you like better.
If you cant do that then just pick one based on whether you like the look of it or not

good luck

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2010 at 13:35 Quote
My-Shadow wrote:
most probably from every other intense downhill bike that has been made

Posted: Nov 17, 2010 at 13:51 Quote
My hovercraft is full of eels

Posted: Nov 17, 2010 at 14:36 Quote
its a full blown race frame, its got more adjustments then most people will ever use. the vpp take some up keep to have it in tip top shape nothing crazy, but you have to keep on top of them. ive owned a M6 and i know people that race for a living and they think they M9 is still to much for them. thats say'n something for the frame.

FL
Posted: Dec 2, 2010 at 18:18 Quote
if you are looking for a set it and forget it bike i would recommend the TR450. i have one and love it. it is a very sturdy bike that requires very little maintenance. i have had mine and ridden it on a regular basis for almost a year and had no problems with the frame.

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 10:07 Quote
for you it sounds like the tr is the bike. however, i would get the M9 cause its super dialed for racing and such.

Posted: Dec 11, 2010 at 23:27 Quote
well if u want to be able to ride anything besides hardcore pure WC tracks go with a tr450 but the m9 are still sick

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 11, 2010 at 23:33 Quote
M9 hands down
the TR40 is over seas made.
TR450 is simple and sweet
the M9 is just f*cking awesome

Posted: Dec 11, 2010 at 23:36 Quote
z-man wrote:
M9 hands down
the TR40 is over seas made.
TR450 is simple and sweet
the M9 is just f*cking awesome
over seas hand made either way a weld is a weld but the m9 is only built for dh it jumps like old people f*ck its weird awkward and no one wants to say it but everybody knows they shouldnt be doing it

Posted: Dec 11, 2010 at 23:40 Quote
TR450. I just think it looks nicer. Performance is probably very similar (except when you adjust the M9 :/) But with the TR450, you dont need to worry about having it just right for that track, you just have it pre-set.

Posted: Dec 12, 2010 at 8:48 Quote
My-Shadow wrote:
My hovercraft is full of eels
Hahah I was just watching that the other day! Classic!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013302
Mobile Version of Website